Mumble or dumble?

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
With all this mumble rap etc, is it literally more to do with genuine retardation and learning difficulties or? Like dudes are coming with a literal inability to talk or form sentences.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
“They talking about what’s tea? Nah, what’s P,” he said. “I took out a PPP loan for this. Okay, I’m pushing P-P-P-P-P. You feel me. You gotta Push P. So this is Pushin P, when you backyard and the inside and outside, that’s P. You pushing P.”
This is fucking stupid. They'll make up anything today.

What does this part even mean?
when you backyard and the inside and outside, that’s P.

This is fucking stupid. They'll make up anything today.

What does this part even mean?
it means evolution has ended, we are now devolving

looking at the state of things, going back a bit and trying again isnt the worst that can happen lol
5d9d4ae4625f711180ff4da75c2c6927.jpg

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Ignorance @Iron Keys is admirable nowadays and I blame it on genuine and drug induced retardation and learning difficulties and @Fade I don’t feel I’m missing out on anything regarding the “music” of today’s (c)rappers.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Someone somewhere realized that average people dont listen to lyrics and the best way to make low effort billions is propping up syrup suckin, xanax chewin invalids, and it has an added benefit of not having people think for themselves so they continue to eat the shit up. Its all the consumer nature of flashy cars etc. with none of the substance. Hip hop hasnt been counter culture for a long time, and this is the natural devolution of it. Clowns who are dancing to the tune of the people who stand to make the most off of them. You get people who are both hyper focused on image and too stupid to realize theyre being propped up for a reason. All they have to do is feed them with the validation they need. They took the competitive nature that drove hip hop culture and dulled the edges, both metaphorically and literally.

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Someone somewhere realized that average people dont listen to lyrics and the best way to make low effort billions is propping up syrup suckin, xanax chewin invalids, and it has an added benefit of not having people think for themselves so they continue to eat the shit up. Its all the consumer nature of flashy cars etc. with none of the substance. Hip hop hasnt been counter culture for a long time, and this is the natural devolution of it. Clowns who are dancing to the tune of the people who stand to make the most off of them. You get people who are both hyper focused on image and too stupid to realize theyre being propped up for a reason. All they have to do is feed them with the validation they need. They took the competitive nature that drove hip hop culture and dulled the edges, both metaphorically and literally.
poignant words.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Well think about it, when was the last good hip hop beef? When did someone go toe to toe with bars and create something legendary? Im not exactly up on pop culture but the last one i can even think of was the drake mill shit and that was forgotten within months and honestly as far as im concerned was an embarassment. Its like everything now adays, in the pursuit of accessibility you inevitably lose what makes the thing youre trying to change great to begin with. Video games, movies, music, everything. Thats why everything is either a remake or an entirely new product that might as well be a remake cause its exactly like everything else. Thing is, the fast paced nature of how people consume media means that the average person doesnt even try to scratch the surface let alone sinking their teeth into it. Its all low effort bullshit to maximize profits.

Theres also a political element to it as well but i wont get into it for the sake of not wanting to be that guy.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I love talking the political element especially socio. My anthem:

Well think about it, when was the last good hip hop beef? When did someone go toe to toe with bars and create something legendary? Im not exactly up on pop culture but the last one i can even think of was the drake mill shit and that was forgotten within months and honestly as far as im concerned was an embarassment. Its like everything now adays, in the pursuit of accessibility you inevitably lose what makes the thing youre trying to change great to begin with. Video games, movies, music, everything. Thats why everything is either a remake or an entirely new product that might as well be a remake cause its exactly like everything else. Thing is, the fast paced nature of how people consume media means that the average person doesnt even try to scratch the surface let alone sinking their teeth into it. Its all low effort bullshit to maximize profits.

Theres also a political element to it as well but i wont get into it for the sake of not wanting to be that guy.
biggie and tupac sort of ended "beef"

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
The @2GooD Productions B.I.G. and 2Pac end results of their "beef" made Hip Hop "battles" ignorant and this also resulted in "Hip Hop Journalism" becoming the precursor to today's TMZ environment.

Im pretty sure the nas/jay-z beef fits the description too.

Em had a bunch as well but i cant really say they fit because they were entirely one sided and career ruining. Nobody on equal footing ever really fucked with him as far as i know.
actually you make a good point, Em did sort of destroy everybody that came.
For a while there a few years back there was a battle circuit going, even here in the UK.
King of the Dot I think was one of them. Its still going lol..

I remember seeing Canibus pull out his notepad in a battle with Dizaster, a piece of me died that day.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
For a while there a few years back there was a battle circuit going, even here in the UK.

I remember seeing Canibus pull out his notepad in a battle with Dizaster, a piece of me died that day.

Eminem killed Canibus with the best diss-track ever made.
If you understand each of the references, you'll understand just why this is so great.
It's also catchy :LOL:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'd @Iron Keys love it if all mumble/Trap (c)rappers died a slow death. I refuse to accept this as the norm in any way, shape, form or God forbid, fashion. Hate how the public gives brainless dumbasses a platform but accept it won't end. This is why I put no one on a pedestal.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.

ngl that was rough.

Canibus actually had me creasin' in R2. Tough it had to go the way it did. Dizaster just sound like Eminem it's a bit...