mpc's

T

The Bastard

sou out of the mpc in to the module? then out of the module into the interface? how do i trigger the synnth,if its a midi board where in the chain does it go sorry for all the nebie questions i been usin software for a year

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the same way u have a software sequencer, the mpc is a hardware one. the mpc would control your synths and you would just hook up the audio outs into a mixer or your soundcard to record a track into your computer. no interface, the mpc is the interface unless you want the computer to be the sequencer still and just use the mpc as a sound module type thing to trigger its samples and it doesnt make sense to me to do this since your paying like a g and change for it. i sequence everything on my mpc, midi and samples, i just have a midi cable going into the computer so when i run cubase i can hit record on the computer and my mpc will start playing the beat and i can track it out. hope this helps. 1

T

The Bastard

so i an trigger sound from the module from my keyboard and have it sequence in the mpc?

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
pretty much. i trigger my module with my oxygen 8 and everything is sequenced in the mpc.

T

The Bastard

what if ya have samples on zip disks and ya wanna trigger them with yur midi board u jus load the samples and trigger them and the sounds should come out of the mpcs outputs right

A

Alleycat

For me the mpc collection is the SHIT!!!!!
Its all about the hands on approach. There's nothing like bangin the shit out of those pads. - own 3 outta of the mpc collection the 60,2000 and the 1000. Don't get me wrong some software has some tight sounds. But think about it if your computer crashes your're fucked. Oh ye hookiefree you stated that pro tools has more quanitizing options, but check out the groove templates , they have some for the mpc, why would they single out the mpc if it wasn't that fire

T

The Bastard

IS THERE ANY DIFFRENCE BETWEEN THE NEW BLUE 2000XL MODEL AND THE ORIGINAL 2000XL MODEL BESIDES THE COLOR?

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
just the color

T

The Bastard

WORD ILL PROLLY GET A USED ORIGINAL ONE A FEW HUNDRED BUCKS CHEAPER THEN

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey look Imma have to come to Hooks defense...LATE....I can vouch he had the MPC and did some pretty hot beats on it....even B4 me I just had an SP12.....but I am also using LOgic too, logic is great for making hip hop patterns....I read and article by Eddie F. ya'll know from heavy D...... on the internet if I find it I will copy and paste it...he uses logic and expands on how powerful it is in his production setup.....when I read the article about the 45 king he's using logic as the complete backbone.....but in each of those cases they are still using hardware samplers but doing all of the sequencing in logic....I am using logic to control my SP1200, my mophatt and newly acquired Keyboard, because I use the sp because I cant find any software that comes close to the sounds it creates with an ordinary sample or I make the pattern on the SP and then sync it with my other gear via logic...LOL.....I miss my MPC but I won't lose any sleep, if you even use the sampler in Logic you can do almost the same things and more and you can arrange patterns pretty fast....I dunno the gap is closing between the classic gear and what the programmers are doing, they are listening to all of the talk on this site...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Logic is the thang when it comes to hardware and my mpc is hooked up via the midi thru. I can work with either one of them or just turn the pc off and only use the mpc for the rest of all the midi gear.

T

The Bastard

only thing im worried about is if ill be able to make complete beats with complex synth, effects and ,bass , in addition to the drum programming the mpc is known for ,is it possiblle to make those kind of complete music pieces all on an mpc and a midi board and sound disks ,from what i picked up off this thread i can load a disk that has synth sounds into the mpc and trigger those sounds from my midi board right ,or would i be better off buying a board workstation and an mpd to punch in the drumms,sorry for the long ass question but i been researchin so long and im still confused aabout what to get ,i just dont want to make a 1000 doller mistake you know

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
for the last time...yes. but if your worried then just get a computer sequencer which will be cheaper and the mpd. everything has its upside and downside.

P

Pinnacle

I had the same dilemma when choosing to go with software or hardware. I choose to at first learn the hardware, so I purchased an mpc 4000. In my opinion I think the 4000 is a good move to make as far as hardware because it is completely digital and can be upgraded to suite. But don't limit yourself to one or the other, use both its a win win situation.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inspectah wu
only thing im worried about is if ill be able to make complete beats with complex synth, effects and ,bass , in addition to the drum programming the mpc is known for ,is it possiblle to make those kind of complete music pieces all on an mpc and a midi board and sound disks ,from what i picked up off this thread i can load a disk that has synth sounds into the mpc and trigger those sounds from my midi board right ,or would i be better off buying a board workstation and an mpd to punch in the drumms,sorry for the long ass question but i been researchin so long and im still confused aabout what to get ,i just dont want to make a 1000 doller mistake you know

Assuming you already have a pc, you can use the mpc between the midi IO of the pc and mpc to your hardware. In this manner you can control your hardfware by either pc or mpc or at the same time. This also means that you can program drums by the mpc and save a midi filetype 1 and edit it on your pc's audio platform. Depending on your hardware you can be as accurate on automation and editing by hardware as with software. For what concerns using synth samples into mpc to be controlled by a mpd, I'd recommend a pc with a good midicontroller\masterboard. You can drum just aswell on a keyboard than the mpd aslong as it is touch-senstive.

T

The Bastard

yueah id prolly try to stay away from the pc once i got it cuz its kinda the reason i want it i want to get away from the computer ,but im gunna go for the mpc midi keyboard and sample disks combo thanks

Double8

ill o.g.
MPCs are ment for Hip-Hop

I use FL and Reason.. and I gotta say.. I went to Guitar Center for abut 4 hoursand learned the MPC2500. I made about 4 sequences... and I fell in love with it. The thing I like about it is the interface and how u program the drums because that gives me a good swing. The workflow of that shit can't compare to software EVER! I mean.. you can throw in the hihats, bang in a 4 bar bassline, throw in a melody, and bang in some drums over it... and u don't even need to stop (unless u make a mistake)! Ok.... so I made a kick mistake... I would just like to do it again insted of using a mouse to move the kick over to the right position, because doing it again keeps me up with the vibe. Hmm... I don't like software drum programming... which is why it takes a while to make a beat. Also, i'll needa upgrade my 256MB RAM to atleast 1GB Ram, new processor (maybe), and of course a new soundcard. Don't get me wrong though... FL Studio and Reason are perfect for "Crunk" beats in my opinion! Lol... I try making classic hiphop beats with software... just can't do it. With the MPC... I can. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS HOMIE! If I ever get one... Reason will be my sound module.

members online