MPC5000 looks awesome!

MPCaddict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it looks retarded man. Cheap plastic-y looking. I haven't seen the full specs, but i doubt it's a full fledge sampler like the 4k.

Chop shop + Patch Phrase?? JJ OS has been killing those features for almost a year now.

Looks more like a MV. 8 track Direct recording to hard disk? WOW?? big fucking surprise, even HoeTools get 32 tracks, most people use real DAW nowadays so I don't really see the advantage of that.

The 5000 shoulda been called the 2550. This and the MacBook Air are the 2 most disappointing inventions so far this year.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
It looks hella nice.. the patched phrase is hella nice.. i miss is since it is not on my 500.. Had it on the 2kxl. Never really used it though.. but sounds like a killer app... It too has a killa screen man! Damnz.. that's nice for editing sounds man!

Wow....

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i mean don't get me wrong...i do love the mv and the mv is the shit as far as sound and workflow...but i'm feeling limited...i'm trying to re-integrate all of it so i can use it all as one brain.

Sounds like me

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Yeah feel you on that one.. it's hard i guess i have the same thing with implementing the MP in my setup..

Sometimes i work all hardware, then others i work all software. I want to work with the MP but want to use realtime effects from VST in ableton and use VST instruments in ableton.. All together. But that's kinda hard IMO.

I'm loving that big flip up screen on the 5000. To bad i can't eat for a year if i buy it!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
funny. mpk49s are also in just like the mpd32 and now this piece of #1&*@ for $3500 HA!

nuts is the word, this socalled flagshi(t)p still rocks a crap 16bit phrase sampler opposed to the Z4 engine in the 4K, but oke, finally 960ppq like the 4k but still man.... get an mpk49 or mpd32 and hook up to a dope soundcard or a real and up to date sampler and its dope again but this shit... akai is just letting down their customers cuz all they do is ditch support on previous models while using resources to build this piece of shit. I mean, you're paying for software, the core of the machine is the same like an mpc500 with an extended mob. but its basically the same crap. Im sticking with the 2kxl, build like a tank and not to pretentious around this flagship bullcrap, just a dumb ass sampler on a dope ass sequencer...

chop shop 2.0, man this feature will be the reason peeps will spend $3500 on a 16 bit sampler lol damn, the rs7000 has 20x more better features..

oke, one good point on this release, noobs will sell their 4k(24/96) to buy the 5k(16/44) so that price is gonna drop and make smart producers happy...sucker born every minute lol

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
does anyone else think this thing is NOT worth it? ... an 8 track and a synth? .. worthless features imo ... and i hear this unit is 16bit and can only be expanded to 192mb ram . My 4k is a 24bit sampling engine with a max of 512ram... nothing on the specs of this machine make me want to buy ... imo akai makes the mistake of trying to make it an mv instead of sticking to the strengths of the mpc brand... people use mpc to sequence,sample, and chop.... i dont need a synth or a fucin 8 track recorder..please.. evrybody records on their computer anyways..... i would have liked them to step up their sampling capabilities... more ram... and more functionality with chopping .. if they could intergrate a recycle-like chopping program into the mpc that would be dope... im sure the effects are nicer though .. th effects on the 4k are doodoo....... but who uses them anyways... this was a big dissapointment for me ...

oh yeah and the 4k looks much cooler and husky ..... its got a dominating studio presence ..... this 5k looks plastic .. ill pass

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
just doing my research on this piece... my conclusion

the mpc 5000 is a serious stepback from the 4000

its more like an mpc 2800 then a 5000

no 24 bits
no smpte
no keygroups
no akai sys(???? i dont even get this one)

= no sale for me ...

J

Jikky

I'll get it. It looks throwed to me. 24bit is for mixing headroom. It's all going to 16bit 44.1 anyway or even lower mp3 quality. I'll get one and pay premium price for it. What does plasticy got to do wit anything. My tv, laptop, car, video game, phone, phone charger, storage bins, cups, etc are all plasticy. They all get the job done. Are u going to be crash test racing the MPC? No. It will sit on a table or a nice pretty stand. Idk why ppl want their stuff built to survive a nuclear war. Treat the gear nice. Plastic feels good. You touch it everyday. Plastic does not equate to cheap. Metal is more expensive, but plastic is just as good depending on the build quality. And on another note made in China doesn't equal cheap or poor quality. That stuff u bought in the dollar store that's made in China equals cheap and poor quality.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
i dont shop in the dollar store homie.... believe what u want .. facts are facts .. if u were a 4k owner like me, im sure u would see no value in this ... i was expecting the 5k to blow me away but instead i get a wannabe mv ... ive already conversed with alot of peeps about this new mp and nobodys excited about it ... its not just me... the 4k is a beast ... aesthetic value is still value ... the 4k is the "brain" of my studio ... the center.. it looks badass .. it demands my attention just the way it looks... the 5k looks like it runs on batteries compared to the 4k... 60, 3k, and 4k are still king. if it came with a REAL analog synth with 3 vco's, vca, and vcf... then i would be ready to listen but i dont need another virtual analog synth... most people that own mps already have a synth or keyboard to accompany it.. .. a waste of money .. i dont see what there market is .. current mp owners will stik with what they have, and new cats looking for a beat machine will get an mv cause they are cheaper and have more features... akai aint gonna be moving too many of these units is my prediction .... im not sayin that its not a cool box ... its just misleading that they call it the 5k when it should be called a 2800 or a 2500xl ..

members online