Mpc500!!!!!!!

T

The Bastard

time to face it, the scumbags at akai will never release a sequencer for under a G .

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^^ get an ASQ-10, thats the mpc-60 sequencer, I believe from the MKI. Its the only mpc with the best timing since it works upon machine language ( MKII was running an OS on top of the machinelanguage ). No pads etc, but it works nicely, just hook up a keyboard, drumtriggers or pads and you're good to go!

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IMO, this is what I think is going down.

No-one is going to pay the 799 MSRP - similarly, no-one payed the MPC1000's 1,500 MSRP. I believe that this machine is made more as a competitor to the SP-404 than a new MPC. Therefore, I believe that it will drop to such a price.

Just my two cents,

Deen

T

The Bastard

Formant024 said:
^^^^ get an ASQ-10, thats the mpc-60 sequencer, I believe from the MKI. Its the only mpc with the best timing since it works upon machine language ( MKII was running an OS on top of the machinelanguage ). No pads etc, but it works nicely, just hook up a keyboard, drumtriggers or pads and you're good to go!
good looks on that tip,

yo deen i agree. no stores sell shit for msrp anyway,itll prolly be like 50 bucks off that msrp when it first comes out,then prolly another hundred off after 6 months. but just the fact that they are doing this shit is so ludacris. how many versions of an mpc are you gunna have each one being only slightly diffrent than the next. all nearly equal in price. fuckin gay

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
That's what im thinking, I rather have a mpc2000xl with a S950, S700,s3200xl and Z8 ( MPC60, mpc3k, mpc4k...still looking for a 3200xl/z8 lol ) and other brand samplers that HAVE a sound of its own. Then you would have all the mpc's and one sequencer. Add an Emax rack and you got a SP1200 but with better sequencer etc etc etc. The 2k, 2kxl, 1k and 2500 are all S2000 engines, now again with mpc500...s2000 engine. So what's the point except it being portable...The fx are a nice add on but nothing spectacular... They've would have made a turn key move if they fitted the 1k, 2500 and 500 with a z4/z8, then people wouldnt be looking, like I said before, if it was just the sequencer and smaller with a bigger display then people would be over the moon and probably going for $300+

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
I played on it at guitar center the other day...

the screen is too small!

No waveforms!

I would pay 450 for it.. but $799??

BOO!!!

T

The Bastard

DJ Hoppa said:
I played on it at guitar center the other day...

the screen is too small!

No waveforms!

I would pay 450 for it.. but $799??

BOO!!!
o shit where u been

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yall thinking too deep into it. I doubt this is supposed to replace the 2k,2kxl,1k,4k etc.. which all yall know but acting like it is. for the specs of what it is it seems like a great machine. msrp is 800? then the sale price in the store will likely be about 600 and the rice will drop lower in 6 months to ayear. me personaly I'd love to have 1. the display could be better tho. but the whole point of a mpc to me is to make music with my ears instead of my eyes (like when using reason) so its no big deal. the waveform display would be needed to chop samples better tho. I gotta see how its done on the 500 .

all in all this seems like the perfect portable compliment to your existing mpc setup . or even for the person just starting out who doesn't own a mpc yet. or a person like me with experience but mainly use software. and want to integrate more hardware in my setup. plus I'd love to have something portable like that and bang out beats on the train on the way to work. or while chilling some where . imagine sitting in mcdonalds eating a snack wrap and inspiration hits you. pull out ya mpc 500 and ya ipod(used as a hard drive full of samples) or even usb flash drive (im guessing it can use that too) and start creating on the spot.

oh and about only having 12 pads come on would yall realy miss the other 4 pads? does any 1 actualy use all 16 pads at 1 time? no. 16 pads aint necessary . 12 aint even necessary. the average person bangs out a beat using about 6 pads max. besides it has 4 banks so that's 48 sounds. across 12 pads and 4 banks. your not even gonna use half of those sounds in 1 beat.

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Fantom,

I agree with most of what you said, esp. on the portabilty tip but

I disagree about the waveforms though - the SP-1200, MPC60, MPC3000, and many other samplers didn't have waveforms and niggas made some dope shit on those so I think the issue at hand is its sound quality 'cause statistics don't tell the clear truth on these issues.

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
GC in JAX has the 500 already! didn't play with it though. looks nice...a portable MIDI Drum/Sequencer controller. add it with a Oxygen 8 and good laptop you'll be set.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
TheDeen said:
DJ Fantom,

I agree with most of what you said, esp. on the portabilty tip but

I disagree about the waveforms though - the SP-1200, MPC60, MPC3000, and many other samplers didn't have waveforms and niggas made some dope shit on those so I think the issue at hand is its sound quality 'cause statistics don't tell the clear truth on these issues.

werd ive never used sp 1200, mpc 3000, or 60. so i didnt know that. and reading my original post i think i contradicted my self by saying i want a mpc to " make beats with my ears and not my eyes" and then complaining about not having a waveform display. lol (thought id point it out before some 1 else did . lol) but yeah if i can chop samples with it by ear then its a defanite must get. ima check if the guitar center in manhattan has it . any 1 in ny have you seen it/ played with it there yet? and any 1 find out the retail price?

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
^^^I've seen it listed @ $799.00.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
AMG said:
^^^I've seen it listed @ $799.00.

ok i thought it was mentioned that the " list price' was 799 which the list price is never the final sale price but it seems from sam ash website that the list price is actualyy $1,299 nd the final sale price is $799

thats crazy for a device like that. tho if i learned anything from the past and electronics the price will drop. like my pioneer djm 707 dj mixer which went for what $900 when 1st released and not even a year later droped to 300 (and then discontinued) and i coped it for 300.

they always put that high price cause they know theres always people who have to have the newest thing 1st.

take some advice from my aunt and " chill before you make a move" lol i know them people who paid 800 gonna kick they self if it drop to 400 6 months from now and they couldnt even get 300 for it if they tryed to sell it. lol.....

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Yo Fantom,
I got the same mixer, DJ707, grabbed it after they discontinued it for 350, dope piece of gear.
Now back to the 500, that would make a great stocking stuffer around Christmas time. I've been using MPCs for ten years, I gotta say it would be fun to check this thing out. And yeah, my bad, there's twelve pads, not nine!

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
akai is getting out of hand.I think this sucks they were good with the 2000xl 4000 they started reaching with the 1000 and now the 500 they need to relax and let the others get time to get old . they're worse than car manufactures

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I remember reading in a review (I think it was at BeatTalk) that Akai was going to put a battery in the MPC1000 and then realized that it would only run for two minutes.

That's why I believe the MPC500 is stripped down, for reliable portable usage.