Mpc500!!!!!!!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
here it is

mpc500001je9.jpg

mpc500003av5.jpg

mpc500002.jpg

works on batteries and even has a screen toggle to save batteries. To be released in oktober, on a list price of $799 ( as far as I found it for ).

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Not bad... runs on batteries... portable... not bad at all....but damn... only 12 pads? that kinda sucks. And with only 2 midi i/o's? All this for 799? I don't think its worth it lol. For new buyers, I say save an extra 200 and get urself a mpc 1k instead. It's a great concept though no doubt about that but I wouldn't buy it. Unless it drops to 200 or suttin ahha

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, this one really is portable so thats cool but brings nothing new to the table indeed. The 12 pads aint so bad but they're mpc1000 size pads, I'd rather see 8/9 mpc2000 pads on there and "8/9" levels". For the price...I'd got me a 2kxl but if you already have a mpc than this is nice on the road or just for playback on live events. In all, it still does what an mpc should do, sequence and sample, I wouldnt be concerned bout its performance cuz like with all other mpc's, after a while you bang out beatz in a minute.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
nope, not yet, but the mpc3500 is under development, I guess its in between the 2500 and 4000. Like a 2500 with z4/z8 engine and no studio options like a burner etc, something they should've done instead of releasing the 1000 and 2500 ( read, instead of working on the 2000 engine ). This is a stripped 1000 obviously and does come with fx as you can see on the pic ( functions under shift+pad.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
neither would i, I rather invest in a less portable mpc2kxl but then again, the only thing i bought new when it came out were the 2kxls. If you want this I'd wait a year, then it should be considerably cheaper via ebay or something, perhaps then it will become appealing. It also depends on how you look at it, from my perspective its a cool pocket sequencer but lacking the direct control on track mutes etc which is for livesettings pretty handy, then again...its only 16 channels on 1 I/O so that bound to undergo polyphonic pressure in midi traffic with lots of gear hooked to it.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Mantas said:
the only way i would use it is for layin down my ideas. like i'm sittin in the park or smth and the idea hits me. i just get my mpc500 out of my pocket and make a sketch of a beat. and then i would transfer it to my 2000. this is the only reason it's worth buyin imho.

that mpc wit go perfect wit Reason 3

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ for that money you would be stupid not to buy a 2000 instead of this, im really considering this a luxery mpc. For the hookup with reason it would be perhaps practical when you have a portable daw running reason on a laptop hooked up to the 500, but then looking at the bigger picture ( or ahead ), you still be bugged with 1 midi I/O since a lot of people use more than just a mpc.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
The specs!

Key Specifications
* General Display: 2 x 16 character LCD w/back light
* Memory card slot:Compact Flash (The size of the compact flash card that MPC500 can handle is from32MB to 2GB)

* Dimensions: 266mm x 175mm x 44mm
* Weight: 1.34 kg
* Power requirement: 12v DC 600mA (negative tip)
* Battery life: Approximately 4.5 hours of continuous use with LCD backlight ON.

Sound Generator
* Sampling rate: 44.1kHz
* Memory capacity: 16MB standard (11.5MB for sound memory), expandable to 128MB
* Recording time: 136sec. (16MB, MONO) or 24m28sec. (128MB, MONO)
* Memory expansion slot: 1 x for optional EXM128
* Data format: 16-bit linear
* Polyphony: up to 32 (dependent on processing)
* Dynamic filtering: 2-pole lowpass filter per voice
* Preset sound memory: 5MB
* Number of programs: 24

Effects
* Effects: 2 stereo effects and Master effect
* Effect type: Chorus, Flanger, Bit grunger, 4 band EQ, Compressor, Phase shifter, Tremolo,
* Flying pan, Reverb, Delay
* Master effect: 4 band EQ, Compressor

Sequencer
* Maximum events: 100,000 notes
* Resolution: 96 parts per 1/4-note
* Sequences: 99
* Tracks per sequence: 48
* MIDI output channels: 16
* Song mode: 20 songs, 250 steps per song
* Drum pad: 12 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
* Drum pad banks: 4
* Sync mode: MIDI clock

Inputs/Outputs
* Record input (L and R): 1/4-inch stereo phone x 2, pseudo balanced -40dBu, input impedance 9k ohm
* Max. Input level: +10dBu
* Stereo output (L and R): 1/4-inch phone x 2 pseudo balanced +11dBu, output impedance 1k Ohms,
* Max. Output level: +5 dBu
* Phones output: 1/4-inch stereo phone x 1, 200mW / 100 ohms
* MIDI inputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
* MIDI outputs: 1 x 5-pin DIN
* USB: Slave connector x 1, USB MASS STORAGE CLASS support (Windows 2000/ME/XP or later version, or Mac OS 9.x/10.x or later version.)

Data Compatibility
* MPC1000: SEQ, WAV, PGM
* MPC2000/2000XL: SEQ, WAV, SND, PGM (Most parameters of PGM file can be loaded.)
* MPC2500: SEQ, WAV, PGM
* MPC4000: SEQ, WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
* MPC3000: SND (THRU Computer)

* Z4/Z8: WAV, PGM (DRUM program only. Only note assign and tune are loaded.)
* S5000/6000: WAV only (THRU Computer)

Great, its has USB...and my mp3 player can act as a host, so thats a 20Gb storage hmmm...both fit in small bag....ima cop one next year cuz im still not spending 800 +++ for it hehehe

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
nah, not yet anyway, the netherlands is really small so bus and trainrides are max 4,5hrs with at least 2 or 3 transfers but I dont even wanna travel that long lol. I think the 2kxl is portable enough for me and im somewhat over the fase of making beatz alllll day hehe

T

The Bastard

that looks dope. but like what everyone else said, way to much money im sure itll drop after 6 months but still. for that much money i could get a 2000xl ,what the fucks wrong wit akai