MPC2000XL or New P4 3GHZ PC? HELP PLEASE!

GRAE Eminence

ill o.g.
In the past I have used the MPC exclusively to make beats. That was back when i only made beats. Now that I've taken a more assertive role with my production, ie..tracking vocals, song arrangement, etc, I've been using the mpc less and my computer more. I only use the mpc for triggering now.

My personal choice would be to get a computer and software setup.

At the end of the day, it's all up to you because you're the one who's spending all that money to get something that suits you. However I would strongly recommend you to do research on whatever you're planning to buy tho.

^^^ Good advice from MPCaddict

In any event, its not what you use...

stanman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think if you really wan't an mpc you should cop one, you can get em used on ebay, see which you like. if you dont like the mpc you can always sell it. no shotage of people lookin for one.

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
in my opinion, notice i said "my opinion", i think you should go for the "mp" . you can make beats right out the box. (depending on if you got the memory) i've had the 2xl then i went on to cop the 4000 and neither has given me any problems. i use software (reason) too, but only as a soundmodule. anyway, i highly recommend you get a "mp". like "stanman" said, you can cop one from ebay. some of them are fully decked out. the 8 outs, the memory. you should really look into that. (be easy)

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
Ive worked on both if you got the money go with the mpc and a sound module or keyboard good cheap sound modules id get 1 second hand off ebay or sumpn like a asr 10, proteus 2000, or you could always get a rack like the 3080 or sumpn.. If you think hardware is better for you it probably is.. and you can always add racks for descent prices if you just want quality and not the latest thing.

Also i wanna say people still use old as computers to sequence like atari commador 64 and all that so whatever works best for you..

members online