Logic 9 warps samples a la Ableton Live but better with Flex Time?

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey man, thats also a nice way to go about it. IMO, still beats ableton. Have you tried varispeed btw ?

I havent used Vari speed yet to sample. Ill look into it. To tell you the truth I bounce back and fourth between Ableton and Logic a lot. If Logic had the ability to launch regions like Ableton Live it would be dope. Maybe next release.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
you can use varispeed on instrumentals, speed or slow em down a bit. The oldskool trick on varispeed was to record vocals slightly off and mix them back together to add some subtle uneven harmonics. I actualy used it to pitch samples up or down before chopshop since it sounds really well, better than time stretching in tracks or flex (this is ofc, in between a range say -20% / +20% as more artifacts appear).
In the studio we've applied it after mixdown to speed or slow down the track on bandrecordings and it sounds awesome. If you check it out, you can set varispeed to Hz aswell, so you can experiment by changing your A@440hz to something else.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you can use varispeed on instrumentals, speed or slow em down a bit. The oldskool trick on varispeed was to record vocals slightly off and mix them back together to add some subtle uneven harmonics. I actualy used it to pitch samples up or down before chopshop since it sounds really well, better than time stretching in tracks or flex (this is ofc, in between a range say -20% / +20% as more artifacts appear).
In the studio we've applied it after mixdown to speed or slow down the track on bandrecordings and it sounds awesome. If you check it out, you can set varispeed to Hz aswell, so you can experiment by changing your A@440hz to something else.

Yo Im checking it out not now. Any Idea on how to save and lock in the tempo information into the audio file in case I turn off varispeed?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Yo Im checking it out not now. Any Idea on how to save and lock in the tempo information into the audio file in case I turn off varispeed?

Hmm not sure about that, Varispeed is either turned on or off and that's it. I would tag an audio file with the % or A@Hz if it differs from the project.

@steezo;

ctrl click in transport and select varispeed, after that the button will appear in the transport bar. Note that this affects the whole project.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Here it is Sorry it took so long ya boi been mad busy. The video quality isn't great. I will figure out how to get the video to come across a little clearer. If you guys have any questions or additional tips let me know. This is one way how I sample in Logic Pro 9.. Peace!!

YouTube - SamplinginLogic9Pt 1

I know I'm a little late to the party but THIS is way way faster and easier in Ableton Live to me and I don't have any problems with the sound quality of the sample. Logic is dope though.....I got it and NEVER use it....

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yea this is just an indent way that I do it in Logic but, you are right it is faster in ableton in many ways. I love Ableton and Logic both. I might make a vid on a quick and easy way to get around in Logic when tim permits. I just got my Mac fixed "Broken Glass" a lil while a ago. Whats good LDB?

members online