Not open for further replies.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Originally posted by Mr. Messenger
*sigh*

r u serious?

Yeah. This CD IS DIFFERENT and good. But, it just doesn't hit me in the head like "Reasonable Doubt", "Ready To Die" or both "Chronic" CDs. I like Kanye's work, but you can keep "College Drop Out".

Originally posted by ART MPC 4000
3)I DONT HATE HES MADE HOT TRACKS (GUESS WHOS BACK, JUST TO GET BY) BUT WHERE IS HIS VERSILTITY?

I agree

I love the shit he's done for other people (even Janet's track is growing on me). He should have save some of that heat for himself.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i just feel its over hyped... some things, like never let me down or family business... are good.... but not great..... i just wish dude would chill on the ego.... it makes me not like the man as a PERSON. also, he is a solid artist, but the musical aspect far outshines his rapping ability, and he acts like he is the dopest ever at both. he is solid, its a decent album...... thats it.

and as far as creativity.... he ISNT doing the pete rock/marly marl/premier thing... i dont know what you are listening to... its an entirely different style.... and old, played out pete rock would school your young, limited mind... on some beats and digging knowledge and...... of course you are entitled to your opinion..........

but as far as everything him saying being "the truth"- are you serious? he tries to play the whole church/god card but the other half of his music doesnt reflect that at all.... ???? which isnt to say that he isnt entitled to his own views but the things he says, his mentality on those songs, none of them in any way reflect his claim to be a "traditional christian" (or any christian..) in his interview. that doesnt even speak of personal truth to me- that shows someone who wants to ride the fence and have it both ways. listen to "get em high" and "never let me down"- two completely different mentalities. which one is the truth?

mArkoFdAbEaTz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when i first heard it i was dissapointed but after a couple of more listens i thought it was hot as hell. about the loopin thing, dre, alchemist they both loop alot of ish. dre might just sample some ish from yugoslavia somewhere and you wont know about it until you hear hes got a lawsuit cause of it. i think kanye is crazy with his, dre, alchemist, premo all of them is.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
LOL ..... all I can do is laugh at this thread ...... no need to even write my opinion because here at illmuzik if I say he sucks then I'm a hater. If I say he's dope then I don't know what I'm talkin' about. Its always going to go back and forth .... when will people learn how to respect other peoples opinions???

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
THOSE BEATS ARE THE EASIEST TO MAKE IT TAKES NO SKILL TO MAKE THEM

Normally I wouldn't bother replying to such a biased opinion, but what the hell!

Unless you've got some credentials to back you up, and a beat as complex (yes COMPLEX) as TROY, I'd seriously think first before posting a thread like this.

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Have anyone paid any attention to his lyrics, maybe thats where y'all should judge him, I hardly listen to music, and the fact that I am blasting college Dropout when I go jogging is proof enough that Kanye's style is comfortable and acceptable to me, hes not talkin the samle ol, same ol hes actually a great story teller with mad production skills and I believe he deserves our props for just doing sommin fresh and original both in video and productions style.
My two cents

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i`m not a real Kanye fan myself but you have to admit that what he do got him to where he`s at today. think about it, you can down rate him all you want, but the main thing is , "he`s where you want to be". at least he`s where i wanna be!. (lol) Kanye has that formula that got him into the big leagues, and until i figure out that formula i`m gonna listen and take notes.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
KANYE WEST HAS SAVED HIP HOP

YO... I'm lovin kanye west.... he has been makin beats for cats for a few years now and his tracks are all over the place.... his album was a little disappointing but im figuring he went with the more commercially viable shit..... try downloading the I'm Good mixtape or search for his shit and download every track NOT on his album and you'll be very surprised.... his dopest shit (I feel) is shit he didnt put on his album... his beats are tight as fuck... and even the straight looping shit he is doin is creative the way he does it... anyone can do it????? i dont think so guy....

yo dude the I'm Thinkin of you track really reminds me of a kanye west track.... thats pretty strange... being as you dont like him so much

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Re: Re: Re: Kanye West Is Wack And The Album Sucks

Originally posted by ART MPC 4000
1) YEA BUT THATS NOT ALL I CAN DO OR DO

2)NO PETE ROCK ISNT WACK BUT HIS STYLE OF BEATS ARE PLAYED OUT. HE DIDNT CHANGE WITH THE TIMES AND HE GOT PLAYER OUT. SO WILL KANYE WEST

3)I DONT HATE HES MADE HOT TRACKS (GUESS WHOS BACK, JUST TO GET BY) BUT WHERE IS HIS VERSILTITY?

4)A WHAT?

1)That's not all he can do either. "Get em High" is not sampled. He has other beats that aren't sampled.

2) So is Premier played out also? Just cause someone's not versatile doesn't make them wack. They just use the formula that works.

3)In that Case isn't Dre wack also? He can't write his own rhymes and he has a bunch of trained proffesional musicians in the studio helping him make beats.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Man look just because producers got more sample time than they can fuggin know what to do with.....ability to make a complex beat within seconds....doesn't really give you the reason to compare Kanye to Pete Rock....these are two completely differents times and soooooo many more factors that come into play....pick apart some of Kanyes or Just Blazes complex tracks with nice breakdowns and flips....pretty good skillz. there even though it might seem elementary from the outside lookin in.....but Pete Rock had Visions of how to use samples in an entirely different way than the all out easily identifiable way the a lot of the hip hop production back in the day, he made entirely different songs and disguised samples cleverly in a lot of his work....I dunno the Pete Rock you're referring too. .....maybe you are thinking of someone else a lot of what he did is the Cornerstone of just about everything you hear today...WACK or NOT WACK.....Kanye had a style that he exploited and then the Industry bought into....I think a lot of producers easily underestimate the amount of time that goes into other producers work...but especially producers today....looking back at some of the classic styles.....they did not have the luxury to be able to produce the Gems that they did using all of the good shidd and extended sample time available.....many are challenged to try to replicate it even using the new gear and software.......

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
kanye is a good producer, but he's also got his fair share of tracks that aren't that good either just like every other producer out there. i think what it boils down to is alot people hatin because he's blowing up and they're just mad it ain't them. i was not impressed with his album at all. luckily i got it burned from my friend so i didn't waste $15 on it. i also think the tracks that he does for other people are way more fire than the ones he did for himself. the 3 on Kweli's last album were all dope, Luda's "Stand Up" was really dope plus some others i can't think of right now. overall i say he's a good, not great, producer.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
kayne west is genius man one of the best around. and the comment someone made about him being a modewrn day pete rock and then implying that is a bad thing damn !! i couldn't think of a nicer diss lol

J

Josef K.

how do i put this succinctly

Dear gram green,
Since when the fuck did hip hop need saving? I never heard about hip hop's future being in threat. Did i miss the memo? I mean for the love of hyperbole, try and think about how conceited and ridiculous that statement sounds.
sincerely yours
the guy who is well aware that hip hop is alive, breathing and progressing quite well

on other subjects....

Originally posted by joeburnem
Yeah. This CD IS DIFFERENT and good. But, it just doesn't hit me in the head like "Reasonable Doubt", "Ready To Die" or both "Chronic" CDs. I like Kanye's work, but you can keep "College Drop Out".
messenger wasnt saying are you serious about not getting excited by this album he was saying are you serious about nothing else these days exciting you really.....when there is an abundance of gold out there...probably more than ever...you just have to sort through more shit than ever to get to it

E

Equality 7-2521

^^^^^^thanks Jeseph K. thats EXACTLY what i was saying. the commment was not related to Kayne at all.

---------

ARTMPC: your list of cats your feeling seems incredibly limited to me.

anyway sorry for getting off topic. i have nothing to say about Kayne except for that he is good but rediculously overrated.

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Mr. Messenger
^^^^^^thanks Jeseph K. thats EXACTLY what i was saying. the commment was not related to Kayne at all.

---------

ARTMPC: your list of cats your feeling seems incredibly limited to me.

THATS MY LIST BECAUSE NO BODY IS AS CONSITANT AS THOSE PEOPLE I NAMED
ANYBODY CAN GET LUCKY AND MAKE A HOT SONG (HOTEL, CASIDY)
BUT DOES THAT MAKE YOU A GOOD ARTIST AND DOES THAT MEAN YOU ALBUM IS HOT?

WHO DO YOU THINK IS HOT

ONE MORE THING

EVER SO OFTEN A PRODUCER COMES A LONG WITH A DIFFERENT STYLE (NOT ALWAYS HOT) THEN WHAT EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING. MAKES ONE OR TWO HOT BEATS AND EVERYONE RUNS OVER TO THAT PERSON LIKE HES THE SAVIOR OF HIP HOP. THEIR NEW STYLE WILL BE COPIED AND EMULATED BY EVERY HUNGRY PRODUCER. BUT USUALY THESE PRODUCERS ARE FADS. HERE TODAY GONE TOMORROW. THEYLL MAKE ALOT OF MONEY BUT THEY WONT BE AROUND FOR A VERY LONG TIME. AT LEAST THE WACK ONES WONT. THE SOUND GETS OLD THE STYLE WACK AND IF YOU CANT CHANGE WITH THE MUSIC YOU WILL BE PLAYED OUT. LIL JOHN & DAVID BANNER ARE BLOWING UP THE SOUTH RIGHT NOW. ARE THEY REAL HOT PRODCERS? IS LIL JOHN DOING SOME REAL ILL BEATS? WILL HE BE AROUND THIS TIME NEXT YEAR? HES A FAD PRODUCER AND HIS SOUND WILL BE PLAYED OUT SOON. THE NEPTUNES WERE HOT WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT THEY HAD A DIFFERENT SOUND AND STYLE. IN MY OPINION THERE STILL IN THE GAME BECAUSE THEY HAVE VERSILITIY THEY HAVE WORKED WITH EVERYONE AND DONE EVERYSTYLE OF BEAT THERE GONNA BE AROUND FOR A WHILE.

I ONLY HAVE ONE QUESTION FOR EVERYONE TO ANSWER.

WHY WOULD YOU PAY KANYE WEST FOR ONE OF HIS BEATS WHEN YOU COULD MAKE THEM YOURSELVES?

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
why dont YOU make one of his beats and show us all how easy it is? otherwise, stop telling us how easy they are to make.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
Whats hot and whats not is a matter of personal taste, there is no right or wrong answer. Lets keep in mind that these are opinions not facts. If I say ________ (fill in the blank) sucks then thats my opinion. That means I don't like him as a artist/producer. I'm entitled to that. Why waste valuable time trying to argue why he's the hottest, a genius or how he saved hip hop. Make some new slaps ...... work on some hot tracks! Express your opinions and respect everyone elses ....

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To ArtMPC

1) David Banner is a hot producer, you just need to broaden your horizons.

2)Just because Pete rock and Kanye sample doesn't mean they sound the same. Kanye learned his technique from NO. I.D anyway.

to Big D

How is Kanye "exploiting" soul sampling? It's just how he makes his beats. Are the Neptunes exploiting snythesising?

I don't wanna sound cliche but, some of you guys are haters.

(I can't believe I said that)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
uh.. manji, i think you read big d's post wrong. he was saying he exploited his style- in other words, he found something that worked and ran with it. he DOES exploit his beats- everyone who is making money producing exploits themselves. (exploit: using to one's advantage)... there was no kind of negative conotation to that whatsoever..

Status
Not open for further replies.