Just cut a deal with a fairly major Emcee, need your advice.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
So I can't tell you who it is yet. But I just cut a deal to get a fairly well known emcee to spit on a Drunk Pedestrians record (not the next one but the one after, so we are 1-2 years away from completion)

at any rate, this emcee is signed to a major. And everyone here has heard of him. Not as big as say Kanye or anything, but a MAJOR underground player.

At any rate. I am not sure what track to go with. Here are the three that I think are the best fit for this emcee. I am thinking I will go with Huge Disc, but let me know of these three tracks what you think I should go with. Thanks all!

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/earlyam83-5

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/q-78-jam

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/huge-disco-beat-full-song

Thoughts?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Well with us not knowing who the MC is makes it kinda hard to help you decide which beat would be the best. It would probably help a lot if you told us of ANOTHER MC who has a similar style like the one you have.

...or is this a trick question and you're just waiting to see how many people are gonna pick a song not knowing anything about the MC - that would actually be funny as hell...lol. =)

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dac's right, cant help really. Peoples choices would mostly be based on what beat they'd like personally, not what'd be best for them. You gotta give some description on their sound or voice tone or something

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Yea your right. Its tough because his style is really distinct. Huge vocab, very smooth delivery, deeper lyrics, NOT and in the club type. Maybe a little backpack, very underground sound. With a throwback to old school hip hop. Dac can you add anything to this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Cool, but also, What type of voice do they have? (Rakim, Nas, Eminem, Slick Rick) What topics do they usually write about? What crowd do they hang in? These things help focus in on what would stylistically be best for them.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Yeah...how would you describe the emcees' style...as compared to another artist....if you could find similarities.....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Dac, you are the only one here who knows who it is. Would you say his style is boom bap?

=) I was trying to play the game...but since the cats out the bag as far as me knowing...I think Q 78 Jam would be perfect if you speed it up just a touch. I'm actually surprised that you made it at that bpm (I know you like more up tempo beats). If you have any doubts about it, I would check out some of his biggest hits and really shoot for something with your sound but also something that would gel with his type of flow. Q 78 Jam fits that description, just up the tempo a touch and it's a hit imo.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Thanks Dac!

Ok, you guys are being hard on me. :)

Lets see if I can describe more. He has a low voice like BIG (maybe slightly higher but still low), unlike big however he has impeccable enunciation even when he is going fast. He has by far the most intelligent rhymes in the game. Crazy smooth, but can be intense and fast as well. It's tough because this emcee is so versatile. Sometimes when he is flowing its like holy crap where does he take a breath??

Honestly I am freaking out, because this is the biggest artist I have ever worked with. So I kinda just want to celebrate with my Ill fam!

ok does that description help?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
I agree with Dac, speed it up and its the one

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Lol...

It HAS to be Tech N9ne.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Machine Gun Kelly???

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
LMAO, you guys are craaaazy. I will say this...dude is def a highly respectable MC, not some scrub that just got on. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised at who he got.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Rick Ross. I knew it.