Just cut a deal with a fairly major Emcee, need your advice.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Nope, this guy is one of those emcees that if you are a hip-hop head you love him. But if you don't then you would not have heard of him.

Rick Ross, Busta are way more high profile than this guy. Of course I guess he has had a few MTV hits, but hmmm. Now that I look it up the dude has has quit a few songs in the billboard top 200.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Nope, this guy is one of those emcees that if you are a hip-hop head you love him. But if you don't then you would not have heard of him.

Rick Ross, Busta are way more high profile than this guy. Of course I guess he has had a few MTV hits, but hmmm. Now that I look it up the dude has has quit a few songs in the billboard top 200.

I was just fuckin around lol.

Talib?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'd go so far as to say anyone at ill has probably heard of him...well with the exception of one guy that comes here... hahaha!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
True, but you gotta understand that dp is excited about it, anyone would be... hell I'm excited for him. This is a big move that could lead to even bigger things. The music WILL speak for itself but in the time being...have fun with the possibilities. =)

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 215
True, but you gotta understand that dp is excited about it, anyone would be... hell I'm excited for him. This is a big move that could lead to even bigger things. The music WILL speak for itself but in the time being...have fun with the possibilities. =)

I feel you! I'm happy for him also...but since I can't begin go guess who it is, all I can say is I can't wait to hear it.H

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ok here is an update. Paid the dude his money, got the verses/hook back and they SUCK! I am totally bummed. WOW

I sent them over to Dac to see if I was nuts, and he agreed with my feelings.

SO yes, Chris Scheidies is about to tell a very well known emcee that his flow is not good enough for a Drunk Pedestrians record. Can I just have the balls of steel award right now??

For real, what a bunch of crap. So see, I will even cut a high end emcee from a record if he doesn't preform!

WOW, seriously I am pretty bummed right now.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I would definitely start out with something like..."I've got unsigned street cats that are spitting more fire, are you sure you want to go in as an unfeatured track?" But yeah, it's confirmed...dude disappointed.

LP*

ILLIEN
Damn, that sucks pretty bad, like dac said maybe just come at dude like your gonna get outshined by street dudes, you really want that to happen? lol....
You gonna let everybody know who it is now???? lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
f*k that, put it out. Any Artist worth his weight already knows not to put out garbage, especially if he has a name already.

Edit: Ask him to redo it first. Tell'em, its "not up to his known potential"

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I need to resolve this first before I spill. I don't want to ruin someones rep before giving him a second chance. But if I get nothing back I will spill soon!

Does the individual seem cool to approach like that, or do you think he may take it personal and say "Eff it you have your verse and hook"?

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
it's good business to ask.
If you were droppin a track with ya crew and somebody came weak as fuck you would stop the session. right?
so hows this different?
seems like a respect thing. If you handle it well, I see it as only being beneficial to your next moves with dude...

members online