Just Blaze or Kanye West

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
The Chipmunks and speeding up samples are getting old

I recently went to two conferences and they are not feeling the chipmunks impersonators in the industry now.....I mean speeding up a sample was ok for like 1 or 2 songs but it's kind of old now..Kanye is the best no question.....but don't sleep on the unknown producers out there they have plenty of heat too.

D

dutchbeats

I think the vocal samples are here to stay...u rite, theyve been here a while and theyll be here a while longer

I like kanye more, yeh his style is a bit samey now, but he gets my vote

F

Frenchg

Blaze or Kanye? That is a hard one. I think i pick the Heatmakerz,LOL. And about the sped up soul sample stye i say if it sounds hot go for it.

C

C-4

Like em both. Really though. How can you compare the two? They both have different styles. Like comparing an apple to a an orange. Both taste good to me.

Peace.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
the beef i got here is that anyone who makes a track like that now is going to be called a biter, and kanye and just will be the guys that people will give the credit to. i personally think the sound is nice and gives hip hop a much needed injection of soul; but its like now, when i finally got the gear to certain things that i couldnt do before, if i do them i will be penalized for an idea i have had for years but the masses are doing it now. i always wanted to sample "dream on" from aerosmith, and i still can its just whoever hears it will say that i jacked em. thats why it can be detrimental when a sound saturates the market. on the plus side, it forces me to be a little more creative.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Copenhagen
Hard to decide, Blaze is peaking at the moment, but both make good songs as well as shitty songs...I don't think any of them are stable enough in their productions...but I don't feel anybody is at the moment...they all send out very weak tracks once in while.

Hi-tek has disappointed me a few times lately having gone cratedigging and finding some old songs that he has just looped. I know for myself that cratedigging is hard work in itself, finding the perfect sample can be hard and getting it to work...but eventhough, there's just something about plain loops I don't like.

I have to stick with kanye
his style is what i go for...when i sample

But the neptunes ARE definetely stable with their productionz

if u like them or not..u gonna move something when one of their tracks come on..even if its justin timberlakes track.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
There's another producer Jay-z uses that I think is better than the both of them and his name is bink

J

joblack00

I liked Just Blaze before he was Just Blaze and working with Camron and other cats...Now Jay is using him on everything more than Kanye it seems. It was kinda like the Neptunes when they were working with NORE and doing alot of the post War Report shit before NORE just fell the fuck off...Now if your hot you can't do an album with out calling these cats up so things are going to sound the same if you are in such high demand...There is a direct effect on creativity.

Imagine some of your best work and how long it took to tweak it and sample it and do all the other creative shit. These guys got to do this shit everyday therefore alot of laziness is there because the pressure is so high to outdo your last joint....so for Just and Kanye they got to produce a banger each time because that is what is expected and that is TOUGH...

but all this looped up soul shit is what the RZA has been doing for almost a decade and now cats are just catching... but just like us producers all learn from each other.

I can't say Blaze or Kanye is better because they are all on the same label doing the same type of beats for the same artists so it's hard...

But I will say Kanye has more potential to grow and one this speeding up sample phase goes away if Blaze isn't smart to switch shit up he will be on illmuzik like the rest of us trying to get a start and learning the game....

JP hardboiled

Find Your Fight
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 297
i like Kanye overall..I think Just Blaze is more technical..but Kanye is more consistent in making bangers.

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i will go with kanye west, but just is tight too and the reason they use just more is because kanye west been working on his own album going on three years know.
west still got some hot joint with him flowing on them like 2 words, we make hits feat. old dirty with no sped up samples, home, and through the wire he had his mouth wired shut from a car accident out here in LA and he still got his flow on.

and these cats were not the first to do soulbeats they were the first to go mainstream with this style because they are with the rock. but they are some of the best to do soulbeats, and there are many of us just as good that dont have that major record deal or that one hot artist to rock over them.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Have any of you noticed how the multiply remix by exhibit and sexy lady remix by shaggy sound exactly like roc the mic

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online