Jay-Z buying Arsenal.. For you soccer fans

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a move to expand his increasing business empire, Jay-Z is said to be reportedly in talks to buy a piece of the famed London soccer team, Aresenal FC.

Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter) has purportedly been in negotiations with Aresenal front office brass to purchase a big stake in the London squad.

Originally a team of munitions workers from southeast London before moving to north London, the Aresenal’s aka the “Gunners” have won five English league titles and two F.A. cups.

Now under the guidance of Frenchman Arsène Wenger, it is potentially entering a second golden age as one of Europe's most exciting attacking teams.

If cemented, the deal would be another successful business notch under the Brooklyn entrepreneur’s belt.

Known for his business acumen, Jay-Z has currently enjoying a string of fruitful business deals as of late.

He is currently developing his own S. Carter high-end clothing line, and in the spring he introduced a collaboration with Swiss luxury-watch maker Audemars Piguet.

In addition, Carter’s Rocawear clothing brand is generating some $400 million a year in sales. (Carter and partners recently bought out co-founder Dash for an estimated $25 million.)

Although Carter has mainly orchestrated his deals behind the scenes, his business accomplishments have not gone unnoticed.

The business community recognized Jay-Z’s savvy earlier this year when he was received the British GQ’s International Man of the Year award.

He also was recently featured on the cover of the well-respected financial business magazine, Fortune.

What do you guys think about that? Think he will get love, or be hated like dude that bought Man U. It might bring some more soccer to the us too.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
MarkN said:
maybe a clever move on his part but im not sure arsenal fans will be too receptive to him !

Yea for real plus u know how racist those eurpoean soccer clubs are. They had a story about that shit on realsports

But its still a dope ass move though, diversfiying his capitial. Alot of cats talk about it that cat be about it

class..

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
classic said:
Yea for real plus u know how racist those eurpoean soccer clubs are. They had a story about that shit on realsports

But its still a dope ass move though, diversfiying his capitial. Alot of cats talk about it that cat be about it

class..

lol its nothing to do with racism man theres more black players in the arsenal team than white !
yea its a clever move on his part its a money making move, however english football fans are passionate about there club and don't like the idea of people only being after money and not having an intrest in the club thats where the problem will lie !

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm wondering if he is or not a soccer fan? But regardless, it's a nice move!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
unless he pumps like a billion dollars into them, they still aint shit compared to chelsea and mr abramovics oil billions

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
so he wants to hang with the flying dutchman what else is new.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
classic said:

class..

your gonna take 'Realsports' word for that? cmon man i know u aint like that. you got a few stupid pricks in maybe Spain and Italy who have no black players, but English football is totally different. we've got 6 black players on our national squad. english football is definately the main body in reducing racism massively in Britain, its organises so many campaigns. check the links:

http://www.kickitout.org/

http://www.nike.com/standupspeakup

i think the reason why Jay-Z will meet fierce opposition is coz of the fact he knows nothing about the game and peoples belief that he is buying in for the profits (which he probably is, this is jay-z). i really dont think he will get hold of the club, and it will take him years if he tries.

sAfE.

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
haha added time multi-ball! i dont think jay-z will mess around that much with the club, he will just be in it for the $$$. he will just let the club run itself.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Hey this is good news. Im a tottenham fan so i hope hes only in it for the money and sucks the club dry, lol. Although my brother doesnt think it will happen.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Rhythmikal said:
we've got 6 black players on our national squad.

To quote Chris Rock: "When you know how many black people has been in your house, you're a racist!"

hah, just kidding though ;)

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Vince said:
To quote Chris Rock: "When you know how many black people has been in your house, you're a racist!"

hah, just kidding though ;)

lol dont worry i had to count them, i didnt know that fact off by heart!

members online