I'm not hating but Ma$e gets sonned one mo' gen!

• beat this! voting starts in...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
heres a question for you:

if yuor boy felt he had to get out to better his life, felt he had changes he needed to make, would you be pissed because he didnt hold your hand on your way up because he needed to do something for himself?

people get it twisted..... you cant sit there and depend on anyone to bring you up. obviously if yuo are i na position to help your friends you do, and cam gained ALOT just from the affiliation with mase. mase had ALREADY HELPED HIM get his first deal, and cam doesnt deny this. he was the guy who put harlem world together. that was a stepping stone and apparantly only loon parlayed that into something more. why the hell is that mase's fault?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
MASE oWES PUFFY LiKE 2 ALBUMS AND UPWARDS To A MiLLiON DoLLARS.
THATS WHY HE CAME BACK, oR THATS i THiNK.
PUFF SAiD THAT RiGHT BEFoRE MA$E RETiRED HE HAD JUST GAVE HiM A LARGE ADVANCE (7 FiGURES).AND THE ALBUMS CoME FRoM HiS oRiGiNAL CoNTRACT.

DUDE iS WACK THoUGH.

CiTY
STiLL STRUGGLiNG

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hmm that makes sense.

on both sides, 1- he's fulfilling his commitment, which if yuo have spent a month in a decent church, you'll know thats soimething you are always urged to do. 2- the last hting you want is to get sued by puff, or sue ofr your freedom from that contract. see the lox' publishing credits on that one- group and solo.

bottom line: we dont really know what the man thinks in his head/heart... on either side of the coin.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
heres a question for you:

if yuor boy felt he had to get out to better his life, felt he had changes he needed to make, would you be pissed because he didnt hold your hand on your way up because he needed to do something for himself?

people get it twisted..... you cant sit there and depend on anyone to bring you up. obviously if yuo are i na position to help your friends you do, and cam gained ALOT just from the affiliation with mase. mase had ALREADY HELPED HIM get his first deal, and cam doesnt deny this. he was the guy who put harlem world together. that was a stepping stone and apparantly only loon parlayed that into something more. why the hell is that mase's fault?

If I broke out on my friends like Mase did - I'd be hella pissed off with myself. If one of my boys did it to me, he wouldn't be a friend anymore. It's not about holding anyones hand, it's about looking out for your people. If you wanna change your lifestyle and leave that's cool but don't just break out like you're on the run from the police or something..

If I was Mase - all scared about getting extorted and people were starting to realise my rap skills were weak and I was all hype, and I decided to quit rap before I was kicked out or whatever... I would DEFINITELY make sure my people were looked after.

I would approach Cam like "yo my bad for that $50,000 thing. I'm sorry dog and I'mma make it up to you to to show how important our friendship is"

To my group "Harlem World" I'd speak to them all and make sure they understand why I'm leaving and put them in a position where they can have have a successful career without me. Like "yo, I release you from the Harlem World record contract so that you can sign with another label now. Matter fact I've set up some meetings for y'all with Jermaine Dupri, Def Jam etc. etc."

I'd also be like "If there's anything you need just holla at me. Even though I'mma be in Atlanta - I still support y'all and will help y'all where i can"

I guess it's kinda like some fathers - some of them have a baby with a girl and then if the pressure gets to them or and things don't work out - they just break out and move to another state or whatever - sometimes without even telling their girl that they are leaving. They then, leave their child and child's mother to look after themselves with no support.

Other fathers, may realise that they are not happy with their relationship and that everyone would be better off if he left but they handle that sh*t like a man. They discuss it like an adult with their partner and they set it up like "I still love and support y'all, I'mma come and visit every second week and I'mma send you this amount of $$$ every week to make sure you looked after etc."

theirs a big difference between the two....

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
yeah, i like how cam told mase to build a church- and then "kept it real" by saying he still moves rocks RIGHT AFTER. "mase, build a church and a rec center for the community, while i am trying to bring it down so i can make my already swoll pockets even fatter"

jaydub- i was talking about record sales. jim jones wont smell gold on his own.

and yes, they are trend setters.... "gooney goo goo" and pink cars and "whats really good/hood"... wow, i am impressed now. WOW.

anyways, i;'m not even trying to throw hate their direction, i'm just saying this al sounds/looks like some real publicity ish right now.

Record sales don't mattter too much son if you can pack an auditorium, rappers get more money doing shows than anything and if you doing 4 a week then whoa, just ask Red Cafe, G-unit, CNN, THE LOX, a lot of people who sold under 500,000 units and still made hella scratch! ONe minute Cold TRuth it's about the underground the next it's about selling 500.000 units I thougth you were an underground fan, so you should know them shows is what counts!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
N.U.G. said:
If I broke out on my friends like Mase did - I'd be hella pissed off with myself. If one of my boys did it to me, he wouldn't be a friend anymore. It's not about holding anyones hand, it's about looking out for your people. If you wanna change your lifestyle and leave that's cool but don't just break out like you're on the run from the police or something..

If I was Mase - all scared about getting extorted and people were starting to realise my rap skills were weak and I was all hype, and I decided to quit rap before I was kicked out or whatever... I would DEFINITELY make sure my people were looked after.

I would approach Cam like "yo my bad for that $50,000 thing. I'm sorry dog and I'mma make it up to you to to show how important our friendship is"

To my group "Harlem World" I'd speak to them all and make sure they understand why I'm leaving and put them in a position where they can have have a successful career without me. Like "yo, I release you from the Harlem World record contract so that you can sign with another label now. Matter fact I've set up some meetings for y'all with Jermaine Dupri, Def Jam etc. etc."

I'd also be like "If there's anything you need just holla at me. Even though I'mma be in Atlanta - I still support y'all and will help y'all where i can"

I guess it's kinda like some fathers - some of them have a baby with a girl and then if the pressure gets to them or and things don't work out - they just break out and move to another state or whatever - sometimes without even telling their girl that they are leaving. They then, leave their child and child's mother to look after themselves with no support.

Other fathers, may realise that they are not happy with their relationship and that everyone would be better off if he left but they handle that sh*t like a man. They discuss it like an adult with their partner and they set it up like "I still love and support y'all, I'mma come and visit every second week and I'mma send you this amount of $$$ every week to make sure you looked after etc."

theirs a big difference between the two....
See, for some reason you look at Mase like a father figure for them niggas, its not his responsibility to set up meetings with anyone for them jus because he's leavin dog and thats trick shit to get all emotional and shit because the man didnt want to rap anymore, you keep sayin that the niggas skills is weak but have you thought that maybe there are people out there that like Mase? I dont know how yo boys do it but if my nigga told me he needed to leave because he wasnt right with himself then I would tell him he need to go I Wouldnt bitch about him not "makin sure Im straight" why would I? Why couldnt Cam set up his own damn meetings? Mase aint that nigga daddy.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Craig Gantt said:
See, for some reason you look at Mase like a father figure for them niggas, its not his responsibility to set up meetings with anyone for them jus because he's leavin dog and thats trick shit to get all emotional and shit because the man didnt want to rap anymore, you keep sayin that the niggas skills is weak but have you thought that maybe there are people out there that like Mase? I dont know how yo boys do it but if my nigga told me he needed to leave because he wasnt right with himself then I would tell him he need to go I Wouldnt bitch about him not "makin sure Im straight" why would I? Why couldnt Cam set up his own damn meetings? Mase aint that nigga daddy.

all I'm saying is that there's a right way to break out on your crew and a wrong way to break out on your crew...

Mase did it the wrong way

C

Copenhagen

Mase already set up Cam's first deal, and created Harlem World, which might be more than any from that group could have hoped for. If they couldn't take it from there, then that ain't Mase's fault...and if Mase really felt like he was falling into the lion's claws, why shouldn't he just shout "I'm leaving", and go.
He ain't any of those mentioned's father, so the parallel to a dad leaving his family doesn't hold water.
None of us really know anything about what went down, and who's to blame, so why are we spending time on this, and acting like a tabloid newspaper running with gossip.
I think some people are letting their views on an artist's music interfere with what they think of the artist themselves, artist's that they don't know personally, I might add.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Copenhagen said:
Mase already set up Cam's first deal, and created Harlem World, which might be more than any from that group could have hoped for. If they couldn't take it from there, then that ain't Mase's fault...and if Mase really felt like he was fauling into the lion's claws, why shouldn't he just shout "I'm leaving", and go.
He ain't any of those mentioned's father, so the parallel to a dad leaving his family doesn't hold water.
None of us really know anything about what went down, and who's to blame, so why are we spending time on this, and acting like a tabloid newspaper running with gossip.
I think some people are letting their views on an artist's music interfere with what they think of the artist themselves, artist's that they don't know personally, I might add.

Word up,,,well said Coppy!

,,,Oh yeah,,,I just listened to this horrible joint,,,they still "movin" keys? lol,,,there so fresh! UUGGHH!

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
Word up,,,well said Coppy!

,,,Oh yeah,,,I just listened to this horrible joint,,,they still "movin" keys? lol,,,there so fresh! UUGGHH!

word

just listen to the track and hear what Cam (who knew Ma$e personally) has to say about ya boy :)

C

Copenhagen

N.U.G. said:
just listen to the track and hear what Cam (who knew Ma$e personally) has to say about ya boy :)

And you don't think Cam is biased? Or making sure that everything is put in the light that makes him look best? Or that Cam might not have known as much about what went on behind the scenes of a label as perhaps Mase did? etc etc

Adam mate, shouldn't you be moving some mixtape units instead... ;)

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
And you don't think Cam is biased? Or making sure that everything is put in the light that makes him look best? Or that Cam might not have known as much about what went on behind the scenes of a label as perhaps Mase did? etc etc

Adam mate, shouldn't you be moving some mixtape units instead... ;)

sure Cam might be biased, but he's juts expressing how he feels about the whole situation. He was right there, so he knows what went down...

all I did was post the audio and share my opinion :)

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
Record sales don't mattter too much son if you can pack an auditorium, rappers get more money doing shows than anything and if you doing 4 a week then whoa, just ask Red Cafe, G-unit, CNN, THE LOX, a lot of people who sold under 500,000 units and still made hella scratch! ONe minute Cold TRuth it's about the underground the next it's about selling 500.000 units I thougth you were an underground fan, so you should know them shows is what counts!

"one minute cold truth its all about..... blah bla blah... "

you act like im switching stances but apparantly you aint paying any attention to what i actually said. where did i ever I WAS all about record sales? you act like i am saying two different things and i'm not.... first of all, i never said shit about myself and record sales being what its all about....

im saying this sounds like some publicity stunt type moves to generate sales and interest in jimmy jones album..... that has nothing to do with shows. nowhere did i say that the shows did not matter or even insenuate that. whatever thuogh people see whatever they want to i guess.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
~HARLEM WoRLD UPDATE~

iM SiTTin UP WATCHiN TV FLiPPiN THRoUGH THE CHANNELS AND i CoME ACRoSS MR. MEENo HiMSELF, APPARANTLY iT WAS A SPECiAL oN DAME GREASE AND HE WAS REiNTRoDUCiNG "VACANT LoT ENTERTAiNMENT" MEENo APPARANTLY iS THE "SACRAFiCiAL RELEASE" of THE LABEL WiTH THE "NEW YORK AiNT ENoUGH" MiXTAPE/ALBUM.

MEENo iS ACTUALLY NiCE, iF ANYBoDY HAS EVER HEARD "iM THAT NiGGA" DAME GREASE iS A VERY TALENTED PRoDUCER, oNE oF THE BEST FOR REAL.
AND iF ANY oF YALL HEARD ANYTHiNG oFF oF THE LiVE oN LENNoX ALBUM, THEY PUT oUT QUALiTY SHiT.
iLL HAVE MoRE iF i HEAR ANYTHinG ELSE ABoUT ANY oF THEM oTHER NiGGAS.
DoNT EXPECT it THoUGH, i DonT REMEMBER ANY oF THEM oTHER HARLEM WoRLD NiGGAS BEinG WoRTH ANYTHiNG, iM SURPRiSED LoON MADE iT THiS FAR.
CiTY

jaydub23510 said:

THiS KiD SAiD "RED CAFE" WoW, THEM DUDES oR THAT DUDE, i DoNT EVEN KNoW HoW MANY oF THEM iT iS, BUT RED CAFE iS GARBAGE.AND THEY SHoULD BE MADE To GiVE BACK ANY MoNEY THAT THEY EVER MAKE oFF oF HiP HoP.CiTY