i'm hiphop, you're hiphop, we're all hiphop

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Name three albums that has defined your love for your culture:

1. various ny mixtapes (93ish)

2. helta skelta - nocturnal

3. i gotta say Wu an Redman (is that 2?)

plus i like brand nubian's foundation! pure hiphop

how about you?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
ooooohhh i remember the albums that first got me into hip hop woz the ones my m8 used to bring to skool with him...

eminem - sslp
dre - 2001
2pac - greatest hits
wu tang - the w

lol i had listened to rap a bit b4 but never really got into it until he started bringing these albums in when i woz like 15 and from then on i woz hooked !

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
hey mark you really should cop brand nubians foundation, us ol'timer tapes

edit
even though it dropped in 2000
edit again

damn i feel old, i remember when russ was showin me his ezay-e cd that had dre in the insert in sequins, back in that beef.

edit x2

i remember him an me talkin about how i'd be cool to see dre an snoop in wheelchairs at liek 60// now it seems like it might happen. gl russ wherever instit your in blood

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Outkast -ATliens-- (one the most important hip hop albums of all times)

What do you mean by this? I agree, it's one of my all-time favorite albums, but what do you mean important?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Chrono said:
Who's UGK? never heard of them.

Argggg,(Dj Screw rollins in his grave, Pimp C is wakes up in his cell and cruses loudly)

UGK(under gound kings) is the rap duo that consistes of Pimp C and Bun B
Pimp C is doing time, hence the "Free pimp C" saying that is popular in the south...

They are legands man..... check the link for history
http://www.myspace.com/ugk
class...

o-a-ksavage said:
What do you mean by this? I agree, it's one of my all-time favorite albums, but what do you mean important?

It proved that hip hop could be musically & lyrically complex and still be intouch with the street... It showed that hip hop can incorparte all aspects of music, not just a turntable and drum machine

It also proved that you dont have to be from the East or West to flow, or have something meaningful to say, it really made folks take notice of the issues in the south

class...

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
Well the first rap tapes that I bought were Ice Cube "The Predator"(I fucked up and bought the edited version), and Dr. Dre "The Chronic". The Chronic got me hooked on rap.

But honestly the 2 CD's that changed my whole shit up was Mos Def-"Black on Both Sides", and Sway & Tech- "This or That". That Sway & Tech had so many artists that I had never heard before that were so dope. Also, Outkast- ATLiens, and Aquemini.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
1: Common Sense - Resurrection

2: Raekwon the Chef - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

3: A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory

And fuck it, I'll add #4

4: Digable Planets - Reachin' (A New Refutation of Time and Space)

That's that shit.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
actaully common sense ressurection is in my top three. the whole tape is on point, i listened to it in the bus in 10th for a long time. got me through the racist catoosa. damn

SeveredTies

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I gotta say the shit that made me love hip hop is,

B.I.G.: ready to die

Gotta say all the old WU albums.

Too Short: Shorty the Pimp(still got that tape in my tape player in my car) and yeah I also have a CD player, Cocktails, Life is Too short, and Born to Mack

Ice Cube: Amerikkka's most wanted

Artifacts: Between a rock and a hard place

Easy E: E-Z duz it

Tribe called quest: Low end Theory and Midnight Mauraders

Black Sheep: A wolf in sheep's clothing.

Pharcyde: all albums

Outkast: Southernplayalisticadillacmusic, ATLiens

Mobb Deep: Hell on Earth, Infamous

Ahh so much to list and not enough time

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
got into hip hop off of cypress - temples of boom, biggie - life after death etc but really got serious about it with gangstarr - moment of truth, wu tang - 36 chambers etc and thought "hey, i can do this" when i heard hilltop hoods - the calling, once of the best aussie albums released and what i think is one of the best albums released period.

T

The Bastard

wutang-36 chambers <when i heard that i knew whut i wanted to be involved with music

onyx- shut em down

dr dre- the chronic

dj ShorTbuS

Cold Get Retarded
ill o.g.
I posted mine up already, but it was like trying to figure out which one of your kids you love the most. there's definitely too many favorite albums to just be happy with the few you put down.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
The first albums that got me into hip-hop?

Wu-Tang Forever, the first record I really remember playing alot. Lost the first CD though.
After that I remember Tupac - The greatest hits, I played both cd's so much that they don't work no more. Same with swedish hip-hop albums like, Petter - Sjätte sinnet and The Latin Kings - Välkommen till förorten.

It wouldn't be possible for me to make a top-list at this time.