i'm hiphop, you're hiphop, we're all hiphop

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
.........in no particular order

Special Ed "Youngest in Charge"
NWA "100 Miles and Runnin"
Slick Rick "The Rulers Back"
Run DMC "Down with the King"
Jay-Z "Reasonable Doubt" (More recent but still inspiration to me)
LL Cool J "Radio"
DJ Magic Mike...any of his earlier releases (yes I got love for southern bass music)

...........the list could go on alot longer but you get the point

These are just some of the joints that I used to love back in the day

I really cant remember what inspired me to start cuz I always been involved wit Rap, I was in studios as an infant, beat boxing and freestyling when I got older

yes I said Rap cuz that was what it was called back then, in music stores it was the Rap section, but now its the "Hip Hop" section

I guess cuz there is less and less people actually Rapping now

C

Carpe Diem

Nas - Illmatic
JMT - Violent By Design
Raekwon - Cuban Links

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
peep this:

"Run DMC"- Run DMC

"Low End Theory"- Tribe

"Enter the 36 Chambers"- Wu

Those three influenced any album mentioned in this thread,,,hands down.

Honorable Mentions:

"Funcrusher +"- Co Flow

"De La Soul is Dead"- De La

"ATLiens"-Outkast

"Cypress Hill"- Cypress Hill

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
wu tang 36 chambers
dr dre the chronic
snoop doggystyle

and i cant leave out the 3 songs that originally got me listenin to rap more and opened the door for me to know what rap was

vannilla ice - ice ice baby
kriss kross - jump
paperboy - ditty

and before ya'll hate. if you was like 6 when ice dropped you know you liked it too so dont fuckin hate and fake like you didnt

pz

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
hey i ain't hatin J, i was like 12 when ice dropped an jus so happens the wackest kid in the neighborhood bought it and was rockin it so it coulda been mad tight an i woulda thought it was weak just cause Marlin was hypin it; haha. Yeah I like paperboys ditty, "do the damn ditty if you waaant to"

An coflow surprised the hell out of me back in the day with funcrusher nice picks everyone

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
i still rock the ditty. im wicked into that old shit. is it just me or was radio rap even better back then as opposed to now?

i dunno i just remember playin the radio n hearin dre n snoop and shit like biggie and real love by mary j and paperboy and now when i play the hip hop station all u hear is like sean paul shit or that gasolina song. how can it be todays hottest hip hop if u dont play hip hop?

fuckin jamn 94.5

maybe ya'll can help me. the first rap record i ever heard was a tape i found when i was like 7. dont ask why i rememebr this but the very first lyrics go something like

"yo harvey who? harvey wallbanger met met who? mrs coathanger, in the compartmant of there apartment.."

or some corny ass shit like that

any of ya'll know wtf that shit is?

kus my moms always ask me about it kus she rememeber it too and i think it would be funny to get ahold of it and show her again.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
J Cro said:
"yo harvey who? harvey wallbanger met met who? mrs coathanger, in the compartmant of there apartment.."

or some corny ass shit like that

any of ya'll know wtf that shit is?

kus my moms always ask me about it kus she rememeber it too and i think it would be funny to get ahold of it and show her again.
I'm pretty sure that was Lords of the Underground

Dolius

ill o.g.
Top 3

The Roots: Do You Want More!!?!!??!??!!

The Pharcyde: Bizarre Ride II

De La Soul: Is Dead

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
3 aint enough for me....so fuck ya'll....lol

Wu-Tang (you pick, all classic hip hop)
KRS-ONE (Return of the Boom Bap)
Public Enemy (Fear of a Black Planet)
Nas (Illmatic)
Redman (Whut the Album)
Big Pun (Capital Punishment)

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Hmmm. I've been listening to Hip Hop since like the late 80's as a youngin' comming up but the album that made me love hip hop was Nas's Illmatic hads down the best cd i eva bought. I give mad props to everythuing befor that but it was that 93-96 era that made me LOVE Hip Hop

Afta that cd it Midnight Mauraders by Tribe called Quest and Common's Resurrection were equally essential to me I used to love H.E.R. was phenomenal as was Award Tour dem was the joints

Last was the Blackstar Album..... It was afta that cd i decied imma try to rhyme n make beats blah blah blah. thats truely a perfect cd..... word up listen to Respiration and Thieves In the Night flawless.

there many more but i think them my favs.

Also as for southern hip hop i dont think id would have even bothered if it wasn for Outkast them boys did it for real Atliens was the joint they opend my eyes to wat the south had to offa.

On the west DEFINATLEY the Chronic and Doggystyle

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
trinidad said:
Last was the Blackstar Album..... It was afta that cd i decied imma try to rhyme n make beats blah blah blah. thats truely a perfect cd..... word up listen to Respiration and Thieves In the Night flawless.

yea two very dope tracks black star are underrated wonder if they will do anything again ?

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am not saying these are the best Hip Hop albums, I am simply answering the question. These 3 albums defined MY love for Hip Hop. I love these albums. When I hear them, they make me feel Hip Hop inside and out.

1. A Tribe Called Quest - "Low End Theory"

2. Ice Cube - "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"

3. De La Soul - "De La Soul is Dead"