Dox, putting you on spot. lol
You gonna hit a track with me for this?

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dox, putting you on spot. lol
You gonna hit a track with me for this?

lol Its all good, Im assuming its now a full song mixtape. I'd like some type of structure or continuity for the tape. Right now it feels like a potential collection of random tracks, thats why I was asking before. As of right now I'd throw a track in I guess. But theres no incentive to throw a dope track if the tape is just a unfocused sonic abyss.

Kinda seems like a waste of time, or some sort of gesture of self satisfaction (Or community masturbation? lol) if the topics or styles or (insert detail) doesnt gel and sounds awkward. Feel me?

lol Its all good, Im assuming its now a full song mixtape. I'd like some type of structure or continuity for the tape. Right now it feels like a potential collection of random tracks, thats why I was asking before. As of right now I'd throw a track in I guess. But theres no incentive to throw a dope track if the tape is just a unfocused sonic abyss.

Kinda seems like a waste of time, or some sort of gesture of self satisfaction (Or community masturbation? lol) if the topics or styles or (insert detail) doesnt gel and sounds awkward. Feel me?

I agree with you to a certain extent, but its a mixtape, not an album. I think albums are more for concepts and continuity. A mixtape is more about showing what us as producers can bring to the table, under the banner of Illmuzik, this site is first and foremost a producer community(someone correct me if Im wrong tho). Besides, whats wrong with a bit of diversity on the mixtape?
Im happy to go along with this thing as long as its about promoting the community here, and not about making a fast buck for Rav3, no offence Rav, just keeping it real.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree with you to a certain extent, but its a mixtape, not an album. I think albums are more for cencepts and continuity. A mixtape is more about showing what us as producers can bring to the table. Besides, whats wrong with a bit of diversity on the mixtape?

My thoughts as well.
Really don't even have to make new songs, but I'm guessing a lot want to?

Either way, its just collection of music from the stars of illmuzik.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I'm not spearheading this project (I think Rav3 is but even he left the option to vote on it...) but here's my input...

1. Personally I would like to hear something from Fade, either a yea or nay on using the Illmuzik name. Sorry I'm not tripping, I just think thats the respectable thing to do.

1b. Whoever does spearhead the project will need to review each song to decide if the track makes the tape...

2. dp has agreed to Master all of the tracks which will bring everything together volume and level wise. So everyone needs to send their tracks to him.

3. meanwhile lion and Rav3 need to get together on the album art.

4. After dp finishes his part, he will send me the tracks and I will scratch them together while working with Relic on the breaks for the vocals that he will add. Then I will send everything to him so he can do the MC'ing.

5. When he's done, the mixtape and the art should come together and the project will be complete. I guess Rav3 or whoever is leading this project will take it from there.

This is just my suggestion on how it should be done judging from the earlier responses in this thread. It's pretty cut and dry imo. For what it's worth... It appears that ALL of the key figures are in place and ready to do their part.

1. Personally I would like to hear something from Fade, either a yea or nay on using the Illmuzik name. Sorry I'm not tripping, I just think thats the respectable thing to do.

I agree, ultimately Fade has to give the nod to use the illmuzik name.
I also agree that all the parts are in place, personally I think it would be better if you(dac) get the beats, after the QC has been done by whoever(Fade should be one of those people), mix them into a whole mixtape(oldskool "mixtape" style, making Dac responsible for getting levels right, I know you can do it!!, lol), then send to relic to do his thing over the mix as a whole, then DP gets to master the mixtape as a whole.
It would be a lot of work for DP to master the tracks individually, then to master the final mix. It would have to be up to us as producers to get our pre mastering mixes right, and if they are not up to par then they dont make the mixtape, mastering the mix as a whole is enough work already, without having to master the tracks individually, and make the best of bad mixes. But Im just throwing that out there, as DP has a lot of work on his plate without even doing this mixtape, but if hes down to master the tracks individually thats up to him, Im not going to stop him, it would make it a better mixtape but its a lot of work.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I'd prefer not, that would mean that I would have to deal with unbalanced volumes and levels. The project as a whole would come out better if the Mastering is done first. I'm not anticipating doing anything with the volumes and Relics vocal recording is top notch and won't need anything more than what he already does.

That said... it doesn't matter to me. I'm in it for the fun so whatever =).

I'd prefer not, that would mean that I would have to deal with unbalanced volumes and levels. The project as a whole would come out better if the Mastering is done first. I'm not anticipating doing anything with the volumes and Relics vocal recording is top notch and won't need anything more than what he already does.

That said... it doesn't matter to me. I'm in it for the fun so whatever =).

You have to remember that its a mixtape, not an album, its for promotional purposes, thats why its free. If it was a money making venture then yeah, that sort of attention to detail is neccessary, but IMO, I dont think we should go that far. I have enough faith in the mixing ability of the producers here, we can always work together as a whole and take some of the workload from DP. And do some of the pre mixtape mixing/mastering (IE balancing bass levels, vocal levels,normalising etc) between us.
We can also have a thread dedicated simply for the posting of beats so we can all be involved in the QC and deciding what makes the mixtape.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Well....I have a freestyle that I could put on there with my artist if people are down....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
I agree with you to a certain extent, but its a mixtape, not an album. I think albums are more for concepts and continuity. A mixtape is more about showing what us as producers can bring to the table, under the banner of Illmuzik, this site is first and foremost a producer community(someone correct me if Im wrong tho). Besides, whats wrong with a bit of diversity on the mixtape?
Im happy to go along with this thing as long as its about promoting the community here, and not about making a fast buck for Rav3, no offence Rav, just keeping it real.

Thats a old definition of mixtapes. now, mixtapes could be albums, its just the purpose that will call something a mixtape/EP/Album/etc. My concern is more along the lines of, Quality of sounds, and melding of topics. Just having continuity, right now its just give us tracks. No guidelines, no particular anything. I cant record right now, so I'll just donate beats if its that way.

Nocturnl

Man Utd Nut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

What are you on about son...i didnt say i wanted to make money off this...if i did i would of made a solo mixtape...kinda of insulting man making up shit innit

What are you on about son...i didnt say i wanted to make money off this...if i did i would of made a solo mixtape...kinda of insulting man making up shit innit

Nah man, Ive been doing this shit a long time, and have dealt with all sorts of people, I said no offence, and I didnt make shit up, but I wouldnt put anything past people these days, getting their little hustle on. I said Im down, I dont generally trust anyone, especially online, and even more so when I dont know them very well.
If you feel insulted and dont want me involved thats cool, I just speak my mind.
I have been talking about getting this sort of collaboration going on since I was new here, it never really happened tho, if you can get this thing to happen, good on you man and props, its about time something like this happened, with or without me.
Speaking my mind makes me act like a cock from time to time, I apologise if you feel insulted, I can understand that.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@Dac mastering is the last step. I need you to scratch on everything first. But I will collect the tracks and get them to you.

Nahhh, what DJ scratches unmastered tracks? We're not making a song, we're making a beat tape. Besides, I'm not recording anything therefore mastering afterwards is useless.

I'll just sit this out to avoid making the process harder. I've got a ton on my plate now anyway.