If you think Eminem is the GOAT MC....

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
As time passed though, he just got better and better. He was always creative and unique but eventually his skill got to the point where I could no longer deny that he is a top tier lyricist. I didn't see start seeing this until relapse/ recovery and a lot of people aren't aware of his newer work. They just hear the pop singles and reference his first two albums, which are good but lyrically there is no comparison to his newer work.

His newer work is absolute garbage.

SSLP and MMLP were genuine masterpieces/classics.

His later stuff is tragically bad. It's all pseudo-emotional pseudo-meaningful pseudo-uplifting pop-rap. And the stuff that isn't gets nowhere close to the flow and lyricism on his earlier stuff.

His later stuff is tragically bad. It's all pseudo-emotional pseudo-meaningful pseudo-uplifting pop-rap. And the stuff that isn't gets nowhere close to the flow and lyricism on his earlier stuff.
Venom was good

I agree SSLP and MMLP were masterpieces. I also don't care for his new new stuff but I'm just saying imo that his lyricism has only gotten better and better. I mainly use 'relapse' and 'recovery' as reference points. I think those albums were late 2000's but that is "newer" to me.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I agree SSLP and MMLP were masterpieces. I also don't care for his new new stuff but I'm just saying imo that his lyricism has only gotten better and better. I mainly use 'relapse' and 'recovery' as reference points. I think those albums were late 2000's but that is "newer" to me.
Yeah I had both, don't think I was ever too keen on either. Deja Vu was a favourite. and I liked the Kobe Killa feature.

I think the best way to describe his original style is like "South Park Rap". I just see the most extreme comic shit going when listening to it.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21

DUDE! No way

Recovery was fantastic, Marshall Mathers lp2 was fire, revival was…eh moving on..Kamikaze was REALLY good, and music to get murdered by is great. Have you listened to them?? So 4 out of his last five were straight fire.

Battle Points: 27
Man I gotta say I agree with @Iron Keys on this... Obvsly this is personal opinion but Ems only had the odd tune here or there that I could actually listen to more than once, after his first 2 (proper) albums... Im always intruiged to hear them at least once, but they tend to be more gimiky and "corny' as Iron put it and dont last on any rotation I might give it in my playlists.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Man you guys hate YE, you hate EM, do you like Jay Z at all??

I don't hate any of em. I said Em's first two albums are masterpieces. And some good stuff since as well. Eminem Show was decent.

Kanye I like some of his earlier production. Not a big fan of his raps, All Falls Down i really liked.

I'm a Jay Z fan too - used him in several of my "Vocal YES" Beat This entries.

I just not had any of their albums I listen to back to back or fully in recent times. Tbf that goes for most artists/albums today.

The one I was listening to more commonly and more recently was Jay Z. I think I recall maaaybe liking MMLP2 a little bit but i can't remember - and that's the point.

I don't hate any of em. I said Em's first two albums are masterpieces. And some good stuff since as well. Eminem Show was decent.

Kanye I like some of his earlier production. Not a big fan of his raps, All Falls Down i really liked.

I'm a Jay Z fan too - used him in several of my "Vocal YES" Beat This entries.

I just not had any of their albums I listen to back to back or fully in recent times. Tbf that goes for most artists/albums today.

The one I was listening to more commonly and more recently was Jay Z. I think I recall maaaybe liking MMLP2 a little bit but i can't remember - and that's the point.
I went off Jay Z after hard knock life, that was his sellout moment for me. Havent liked him since.

members online