If you think Eminem is the GOAT MC....

Battle Points: 27
.... You either dont know much about Hip Hop or you're a tiny bit racist :ROFLMAO:

Dont take this thread too seriously, but I've always thought this haha... Do you have any thoughts on that statement? Agree or disagree?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Tarboosh Record never heard an Em album (and albums of so many other artists past and present) in full so I only know the singles that hit MTV and BET in his heyday and I mainly like(d) "Lose Yourself," "The Way I Am," and his "I Just Don't Give A Fuck." Is there any work(s) of his I missed that didn't suck as he struck me as someone who read a lot and tried to spit it out in double time to impress newbs to Hip Hop.

To answer the question re: GOAT MC styles, trends, etc. are too subjective in Hip Hop to have 1 person to bestow a now watered down to the point of genericness title on.

Dont get me wrong... I think Eminem is an incredible talent and he defo creeps in to my top 20 MCs. My main point isnt to sh*t on Em, but his avid fanbase haha

I @Tarboosh Record never heard an Em album (and albums of so many other artists past and present) in full so I only know the singles that hit MTV and BET in his heyday and I mainly like(d) "Lose Yourself," "The Way I Am," and his "I Just Don't Give A Fuck." Is there any work(s) of his I missed that didn't suck as he struck me as someone who read a lot and tried to spit it out in double time to impress newbs to Hip Hop.

To answer the question re: GOAT MC styles, trends, etc. are too subjective in Hip Hop to have 1 person to bestow a now watered down to the point of genericness title on.
You should defo listen to his first LP 'The Slim Shady LP' (I know he did one before this, but I dont count it)
Great prod by Dr Dre and Ems hilarious raps...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Fanbases @Tarboosh Record are "cult-like" to the point of "canceling" someone if a person says something contrary to the in-group's (re: "fans") opinion(s) e.g. the Beyhive, Nicki's Barbz, etc. and while I have a wide amount of artists I like (but not in the generic "I listen to everything" sense as a lot of shit doesn't move me and I can explain why) and know why I like them (don't be afraid to ask me who as my picks change often as my personal taste is not fixed) I'm a not-so-blind normal fan I can't see myself being insane about it as artists are ordinary (depends) people who manage to be in a field where people hang on to their every word no matter how ignorant, and that's that shit I don't like.

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
Growing up in cali in a poor neighborhood, Nobody listened to em. A few people here and there were rocking slim shady t shirts, but other than that, all i heard was was gangster rap. I personally find his music corny and will not be caught dead playing that shit loud in my truck. Haha.
But were not talking about that are we?
Were discussing his lyrical ability. I personally believe em is one of the best lyrically, if not the best, in hiphop history. He can spit fast, tell stories, hes just, well....ILL.

Although his music doesn't speak to my demographic, and I really cannot relate to him that much, I do acknowledge the fact that he can probably rip apart your favorite emcee.

Fanbases @Tarboosh Record are "cult-like" to the point of "canceling" someone if a person says something contrary to the in-group's (re: "fans") opinion(s) e.g. the Beyhive, Nicki's Barbz, etc. and while I have a wide amount of artists I like (but not in the generic "I listen to everything" sense as a lot of shit doesn't move me and I can explain why) and know why I like them (don't be afraid to ask me who as my picks change often as my personal taste is not fixed) I'm a not-so-blind normal fan I can't see myself being insane about it as artists are ordinary (depends) people who manage to be in a field where people hang on to their every word no matter how ignorant, and that's that shit I don't like.
Yes I get it... Putting anyone up on a pedastall like that will only end in tears at the end of the day hehe.... Artists are only human innit. The thing that winds me up about Eminem fans is that they are so quick to scream out how he's the best there ever was (predominantly white people) bcos he raps fast or sold a lot of records. If I do hear someone say this (its almost ALWAYS a white man) I just ask 2 or 3 follow up questions and ultimately find out either 1- they just dont really know much Hip Hop OR They end up saying some racist sh*t
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

Its just what Ive personally noticed.

Growing up in cali in a poor as neighborhood, Nobody listened to em. A few people here and there were rocking slim shady t shirts, but other than that, all i heard was was gangster rap. I personally find his music corny and will not be caught dead playing that shit loud in my truck. Haha.
But were not talking about that are we?
Were discussing his lyrical ability. I personally believe em is one of the best lyrically, if not the best, in hiphop history. He can spit fast, tell stories, hes just, well....ILL.

Although his music doesn't speak to my demographic, and I really cannot relate to him that much, I do acknowledge the fact that he can probably rip apart your favorite emcee.
I think he's always lyrically impressive and his battling history is good too to a degree.... But his beat choice has been below par since after his second Album and thats why I dont really seek out his music after that.
His radio freestyles are great and he's funny but I could list a bunch of MCs JUST as talented as him. Heres a few of them-
Masta Ace
Pharoahe Monch
Kool G Rap
Blu
Planet Asia
Id even put Necro up there next to Em

Maaaan, Listening to Em over a Premo beat makes me sad

He is in a position (and has been for a while) to be able to put together an album with production by absolutely ANYONE on the planet but he hasnt (most prob business related)... But imagine an Em album with Pete Rock, Premo, Dilla, Havoc, freakin LArge Pro, Beatnuts! ffs... I always wondered why in the hell he never did that. Especially back in the late 90s, early 2000s when he was on top form.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
re: @Tarboosh Record other MCs put me up on some Masta Ace, Kool G, etc. tracks. I'm someone who didn't buy albums in my teenage/post adolescence (I grew up in a non-Rap household and it wasn't for the usual "religious" reasons many Black folk have re: Hip Hop but it was moreso "that Rap shit ain't shit" reason but I ended up high key appreciating the Hell outta older R&B, Soul, etc. and last album I bought Hip Hop wise was a pristine CD copy of "Mecca and The Soul Brother" in 2015 via F.Y.E. in my city (now gone by several years).

Delta_Nine

Illa la muzika!!!
I think he's always lyrically impressive and his battling history is good too to a degree.... But his beat choice has been below par since after his second Album and thats why I dont really seek out his music after that.
His radio freestyles are great and he's funny but I could list a bunch of MCs JUST as talented as him. Heres a few of them-
Masta Ace
Pharoahe Monch
Kool G Rap
Blu
Planet Asia
Id even put Necro up there next to Em
All of these emcees you mentioned are dope af. Kool g, master ace......Yo Pharoah munch was on heavy rotation when I was younger. Necro is dope with the beats too.
Planet Asia? ASIA and I rep the same city.
We were shooting emails bk and forth a while bk. If I get an asia verse I'll let you know first my g.

re: @Tarboosh Record other MCs put me up on some Masta Ace, Kool G, etc. tracks. I'm someone who didn't buy albums in my teenage/post adolescence (I grew up in a non-Rap household and it wasn't for the usual "religious" reasons many Black folk have re: Hip Hop but it was moreso "that Rap shit ain't shit" reason but I ended up high key appreciating the Hell outta older R&B, Soul, etc. and last album I bought Hip Hop wise was a pristine CD copy of "Mecca and The Soul Brother" in 2015 via F.Y.E. in my city (now gone by several years).
Luckily in my Muslim household, my pops didnt understand what they were rapping about so I got away with it :ROFLMAO:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Insane @Tarboosh Record thing is I've had tension tryin' to develop my personal skill re: rapping in the aforementioned home environ I alluded to. Hence why I am tapping into producing. I also sing. Got a thing for soulful vocals but I ain't there yet.

@Tarboosh Record off topic, but real quick. How u feel about the griselda camp?
I like what I hear! One of their producers is a guy from UK called Beat Butcher and Ive met him a couple times a long time ago (Dope producer)
BUT, I dont know why I havent really been drawn to their music. On paper it should be exactly what I like, but I just dont really search out for it. Conway is playing in London soon and I have friends going so I'm gonna buy a ticket and see what the fuss REALLY is about haha