I Remember When...

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
We forgot some clothing:

Cross Colors & Karl Kani! I remember I had a Cross Colors shirt in grade 7... oh man, good times!

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
it was all about the lee jeans with pony sneakers in white and after the sneaks get tore up it was time to break out the black shoe dye.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Everybody was rockin' high top fades: blacks, whites, Jews, Arabs, Hispanics, Asians ......

bdk.jpg

unicorn1.jpg

mc-serch-high-top-fade-530x353.jpg

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Homeboy, mecca, starter, helly hansen, first down...

The haircut above also reminds me of...
"way down in the jungle, a monkey stepped on the lions tail".
" I SMELL, I SMELL, I SMELL!.....PUSSYYYY!!!"

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
LOL! The pic with Big Daddy Kane looks hella gay! My own father wouldn't cut my hair w/o a shirt on, I mean what does he do when dude is cutting the front, stare at his nipples? hahahaha

JustRipe

Analog Architect
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 75
i aint as old as none of you cats haha but all i remember was one year in elementary school my mom bought me like 2 or 3 eminem cassettes b4 realizing what was on them, i remember every kid at school wanting a ride home in my moms car cuz we could listen to rap and she wouldnt mind i used to think it was mad dope he could say anything he wanted in his raps and no matter how much controversy people still liked his ish cuz he was speakin what was on his mind his personal thoughts

The flat top pics reminded me of "House Party" and Kid n Play.
My favorite quote from the film was John Witherspoon "I dont wanna hear no public enema"
If I remember right that "I smell pussy" quote is from that too. Great film.
Talking of films, "Do the Right Thing", "CB4","Im Gonna Git You Sucker" < Chris Rock had me fall off the chair with laughter in that one.. "How much for a rib"......"No just 1 rib" and Huggy Bear when he leaves prison after being pimp of the year 70 something. He leaves wearing platform shoes with goldfish in them. That film was funny as fuck.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i aint as old as none of you cats haha but all i remember was one year in elementary school my mom bought me like 2 or 3 eminem cassettes b4 realizing what was on them, i remember every kid at school wanting a ride home in my moms car cuz we could listen to rap and she wouldnt mind i used to think it was mad dope he could say anything he wanted in his raps and no matter how much controversy people still liked his ish cuz he was speakin what was on his mind his personal thoughts

Thats a good one though .

The flat top pics reminded me of "House Party" and Kid n Play.
My favorite quote from the film was John Witherspoon "I dont wanna hear no public enema"
If I remember right that "I smell pussy" quote is from that too. Great film.
Talking of films, "Do the Right Thing", "CB4","Im Gonna Git You Sucker" < Chris Rock had me fall off the chair with laughter in that one.. "How much for a rib"......"No just 1 rib" and Huggy Bear when he leaves prison after being pimp of the year 70 something. He leaves wearing platform shoes with goldfish in them. That film was funny as fuck.

Yeah that shit with the gold fish had me cryin too.

Shit I remember: Be so damn hot and dark in our dj's room where everyone would come to congregate and get trashed and rhyme and shit, cats sittin waiting on the fan to rotate your way trying to lean with it to keep the air on you lol. so much smoke in the room, scartchin together change to get 40's lol.
OMG we were triflin lol

Padrino Stackz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I remember when having people singing r&b on hooks was " sellin' out". I remember saving my lunch money to buy gangstarr's. " daily operation. I remember when you actually had to have skills on the mic to get a deal.. I remember wondering how were hip hop beats were made. And I used to think the rapper made them him /herself (lolololol! I was like 9-10). I remember there were A LOT more females in the game lol. Those were the days man!!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I remember R&B groups!!

You never see an R&B group, anymore...just solo artists....

Jodeci....H-town...Silk.....Shai.....LSG.....Boyz II Men....Toni Tony Tone.....just to name a few.....shit...even 112..

R&B groups were my shit.......

Heres the kicker for me, back in the 90's I had a really good feeling about the merging of rap and rnb, I loved tracks that featured a guest rapper to drop a verse.
But then what the fuck happened, I didnt expect rap to become rnb. I didnt expect rappers to become the bitches they were rapping about, I think I expected them to stay 2 distinctive genres. But hey, be careful what you wish for, ya just might get it.

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
I remember bringing cardboard boxes to primary school and doing the helicopter, (or at least thinking I was doing the helicopter)or backspinning, to shit like:'Rock It', Sugarhill Gang or Michael Jackson cause that was all we had.
I remember a couple of mates and I finding a half empty spray can when we were like ten and writing: "RAP!" on an overpass.