I got laid off today.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well i work for a Foster Family Agency, being a former foster child it has been a dream come true to give back in some small way. i am grateful for that chance, and for the last three years i must say this has become my home.

thing is, we are *supposedly* having to make some budget cuts... and since my main job of doing collections has been given to someone else (the lady from our group home division) recently, my current position is pretty expendable.

thing is, they laid off my supervisor a week ago. her position was deemed unnecessary as well. our director leaving a month ago, i think, has a lot to do with this... apparantly she kept a lot of us afloat but she was given an offer too sweet to pass on.

so i got 2 weeks notice and all...

the blessing in disguise here is that i will simply collect unemployment throughout october. i'll have all day, every day to focus on my music. i'll have the time to meet with these label reps now. i'll have the time to hit up radio statsions and whatnot.... and i will try and parlay the three commercials i have produced into a hustle of some kind..... i dont know, after that though... .its either waiting tables or delivering pizza while i pursue this prodcution thing, and hopefully i can land a few commercials along the way. hopefully i can get work at a studio or something...

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
sorry bout that dude....if i was still in cali i would give u a part time gig at staples center until u find sumthin better but.....anywho i like how you making a negative a postive....stay up pimpin

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
dang sorry to hear that, its seems like you already are but just keep looking at the positives man

T

The Bastard

That Sucks Man, But Its Time To Milk The System And Get Unemployment Benifits While Working Under The Table, Till U Find Another Job That Is As Good And Pays As Much As Yur Last One

Active-1

ill o.g.
You'll bounce back. I was laid off from my job at an airline a year ago. I found work at medical center 2 weeks later. Stay positive in tough times.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Was there something else you wanted to do besides music and working in a Foster Family Agency? Cuz that would be the chance for you to go and do that...

if not, I hope that music think works for you...

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
blessing in disguise, my friend.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Damn man, sorry to hear that. Honestly though, I think you will see good come out of this. You said yourself, that now you can focus on your music. You will probably make so much music you can make a living selling your beats and producing! I'm tryin to get myself in that predicament myself. GOOD LUCK! :thumb:

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
DJ Hoppa said:
blessing in disguise, my friend.

Word. Just stay up man and look at the positives. You got more time to pursue what you love man and yo, if I were you I wouldn't take this time for granted man. I would be in the lab working like crazy since you have so much time on your hands now. Good luck with the music man and you could incoporate this as a theme for one of your beats maybe. It's worth a shot.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
it sounds so stupid

but sometimes I wish my work would fire me, so the whole situation would be out of my hands and I didn't feel like I was making a big mistake by quitting..

But as I sit in my chair at my desk working,

I dream of sitting in my chair at my desk working.....

...on music.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
unemployment through october?? word in ny u can get unemployment for 6 months ... 415 a week..
i got fired earler this year... while i was on unemployment i had more time for tunes and actually started a business... plus with your work experince you can now try and find a better job.... there is always a positive.. evrything happens for a reason.. there is no triumph without suffering.... and the rest of that mubo jumbo... but that shit is real you will come out of this experince a stronger man...

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
yeah unemployment should be longer then 1 month ...... at least 6 months especially if youve been there for a while. Cold, you know aint been workin since Feb ... but now I got a job that starts in the end of oct. I will be making triple what I made at my last job. So stay positive, patient and stick to the SLAPS!! (<--- slaps = beats for those who don't know) Good luck on the job hunt.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
that sucks man. hope you make the most of your time. and inspires you to make some heat

members online