I got laid off today.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Getting laid off sucks, but like you said - at least you can focus on other things now. You SHOULD deliver pizza anyway - free food!

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
This is God closing one door so you can walk through another. You gave back to your own. God wants you to move onto something else.

You got a good head on your shoulders. Everybody in here is pulling for you. Just stay grinding.

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
damn that sucks. i never got laid off but i did quit a job where my boss was just an ass. i got a job the next week though. didnt pay as much but it gave me some experience in the hospital setting which is what im getting into anyway. it also gave me more time for music. so.... hit those boards hard cold but keep searchin'. why dont you apply for an internship in radio or sumthing. try hitting up kday. dont they got a station up there?

T

The Bastard

unemployment screwd me over, i was makin 0ver 350 a week at my work, my unemployment is a measly 140 bucks a week, but u know the kid is makin paper other ways ;)

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Damn homie, thats fucked up. Thats life though bro. Things will start looking up soon. Keep ya head up....dawg.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
A-yo...everything happens for a reason dog...and you gotta believe that in your heart. We've all been through some shit...but you doin the right thing...make the most of your time off and make it happen homey...good luck
ONE

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
"word in ny u can get unemployment for 6 months ... 415 a week.." > Here you can get it for ever if you're smart...lol ....lots of people work on the black market and at the same time get their unemployement check. See here , job centers can't force you to accept a job (but the government is trying to change that).

Nyways, good luck Truth. I know it's a tough situation, but I'm pretty sure you'll find a new job soon , perhaps even a better one.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
well thing are certainly lookikng up.

i spoke with my aunt (grandmothers sister, "great" aunt i guess) who is going to help me with the other $1000 i need to start the detailing busines... her and my uncle are seasoned business/sales people.. my uncle runs the school book publishing for california...deals with Arnold and all that, come to find out... so he KNOWS his business shit.... so they've been covering bases for me trying to make sure its all legit... so once all the refferences check out tomorrow, and they should, so far everything is gravy.,..... i'll get my ends and within the next week or so i'll be open for business.