How did you learn to make beats?

jclay12345

JClay
ill o.g.
I used to play other people's beats off of the radio. Then my sis had a boyfriend that rapped. She told him that I can make beats because she really thought for some reason that I did. So when he asked me if it was true. I lied and said, "Yeah I can make beats." I made up something real quick. (EVerything was in one take back then.) I went downstairs, played it for him, and he liked it. So he took me to a studio and I laid my first track.

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
lol yeah damn hip hop ejay, the scaffy limited edition one with the record platter that u cud attach ur mouse to and scratch lol. it sukd ass. actually between that and then a yamaha dj box thing, which was fun lol. but i also had been djing.

Blunt604

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i taught myself by fucking around with all the gay samples in fruity loops learnt the program really well than ir ealized u can sample if u get cool edit pro so i started sampling than i figured out how to get shit on time...than ye it was on from there

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I learned by watching everybody else. Plus i played a few instruments in the band so i always liked to make music. So its kind of a natural thing too.

U

Undecided

I learned by teaching myself... It's hard when you first start off but you'll get the hang of it quickly... But there's so much more that just making loops... When I started I didn't know anything about mixing or mastering, compression, side-chain, etc.

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Elementary School....I was in band class since the 4th grade...until high school 10th grade. I played brass (trumpet), but dabbled with all the other instruments on my spare time or when someone was absent.

K

Kapital Kay

Found myself startin to listen to the music behind the lyrics a lot more. Got hip hop ejay 5 so i could do the same, got fl studio this summer and now im here.

members online