How did u first meet Illmuzik?

I had a random series of events that led to my involvement in Ill in a short amount of time and I was interested in hearing everyone else's story.

Ayron (illmuzik member) from 2infamouz approached me to write an article for his small hip hop production/home studio guide website, so I wrote an article on marketing and networking strategies. After that he kept telling me that I needed to get involved in illmuzik, he said "man it would be the coolest thing ever to see u on the front page of ill." So he told Fade he should interview this female producer/model (which we all know Fade loved the idea of) and he eventually offered me an interview. On the condition I be an illmuzik member and that I stay involved. I assured him it wasn't my style to dip but he didn't have much faith. Boy was he wrong. After using this place CONSTANTLY for months I approached Relic about co hosting for www.illmuzikradio.com and he was kinda meh...when I mentioned it to Fade he said "tell him Fade says to get off his ass..." A week later I was co hosting Carolina Cuts. Now I'm a bonafide regular and official "staff" member. Idk y but I feel accomplished. Irony to this story? I STILL haven't turned in my interview. Stay tuned, there's more to Barbz then meets the eye.

What's ur story?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
My manager back in 2003 gave me a few sites. Ill was one of them. I remember Tonos was one, that shit died in like 04. I forget the rest. But I jumped into the Battle That and took it to the last round with the same beat and lost to Afriquedeluxe. But made some real friends during my TEN YEARS on here. (aw)

By the way Fade, I want my Decade title. Only a few of us OGs on here with it. Would be dope kid.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
LOL, good stories. Clev, I could put a "ILL OG" title, it's truly an accomplishment.

For me, I was transitioning from being a DJ to a producer so I was looking for more information. I found a few sites but there wasn't much (or anything at all) that was solely for hip hop production. I had experience making a few sites already so I decided to make my own site dedicated to hip hop production.

As for the name, I don't know. I was just brainstorming one day and I figured I'd spell "music" with a Z, and "ill" is because I wanted the site to come across as "ill" aka sick aka dope. Also, "ill" was a good tag for members to say, instead of "illmuzik". And sure enough, a lot of members just say "ill".

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I googled it up, werent to many hiphop forums on the net back in 2003. I think a bit later i got Rigor Mortis to join in so i wouldnt be the only dutch in the village lol

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Ill OG would be ill as fuck.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Fade it would be dope if you can click on banners and it would take you to how/why they were earned.

All these ideas = more work for fadey poo

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Seven years for me? Really?? WOW

Wanted to get better at hip-hop production so I joined and met a bunch of great people. Was just finishing my Masters at Berklee, was pretty good at engineering ETC but really needed to learn how to pick samples and things you cant learn at school...this site has been great its really the only forum I am a regular at (that and maybe the official Reason forum) Also I tried to help other people here as much as I can and give back. You guys have been with me on a bunch of journeys, from Berklee, to Sweetwater, to starting my own business... its been wild. More adventures to come soon!

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
We met in a dingy bar, came home, I woke up the next day face down on the floor, naked with my pants down. Couldn't walk for a week...

But seriously, I copped an ASR-10 in 2000 and met up with Fade on another forum (possibly before Illmuzik, I can't remember) and that was that. I'm still here, for whatever reason or another. I rarely make beats anymore, but still love the community.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
I was getting into music production and on another forum i gave myself the forum name "Illmuzik" thinking i was being creative........so after a few months of using it i realized my name was not creative at all and i stole it from this site. Checked out the site and fell in "love". Like Pug i rarely get a chance to make music now(Though that doesnt stop me from buying equipment :() but i have been here so long i still like stopping by. I cant believe I've known some of you for almost 10 yrs. Time flys

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I was researching the mpc2500 (which I bought and still use ) and this site popped up.
Everyone seemed knowledgeable and really cool and so I stayed.
It became part of my daily routine at work, and then I couldnt get enough , now Im a walking fucking billboard with shirts and a show and it is in every music conversation I have with people.
If I ever won anything it would be my first shoutout! lol
Love the people here and have talked to quite a few offline.
I learned so much about music, music business , the internet and computers in general from here.
Place is home!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ill OG would be ill as fuck.
I'll see what I can do.
Then I want something more creative the "staff" lol
I don't know. What's in it for me?
Fade it would be dope if you can click on banners and it would take you to how/why they were earned.
Ugh. I wanted to do that originally but that would just slow the forum down. Really, it would. Too taxing on the database.
We met in a dingy bar, came home, I woke up the next day face down on the floor, naked with my pants down. Couldn't walk for a week...
Ah those were the days. For those that don't know, Pug is the longest-running member on here besides me. Show some respect!
You guys have been with me on a bunch of journeys
It's true! We've seen lots of members "grow up" so to speak.
I cant believe I've known some of you for almost 10 yrs.
This too. It's crazy when you think about it. Still waiting for my new wardrobe from you!
now Im a walking fucking billboard with shirts and a show and it is in every music conversation I have with people.
LOL, ya you're my official right hand man. No homo.

I don't know. What's in it for me?

I might as well be ur guys damn mascot...can't have ur mascot in a wack costume. (costume should be PINK, ur lucky I didn't say covered in glitter)
Or I could always post a bikini pic as my avatar for incentive.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Actually recommended by Nomics from Da Illfellaz..... shit...9 years is a long time..... I was in college n shit when I started here. Needless to say I was making music, then trying my best to catch an STD (unsuccessful). Wasn't a hefty poster until after school..... Forums were huge back then, before the emergence of social networking (especially Facebook). These forums were busy as hell and beat competitions were stacked.

It's crazy how much we've all developed in our craft since the beginning. I always give illmuzik props for helping me grow into the beast i've become...

I'm on a mish to make this into more of a Facebook like social spot. Everyone that I've gotten to sign up literally thanks me afterward!! A sincere one. I think things have been picking up lately...I got a few tricks in my bag still :)