Hey all!

Oscar Monk

clueless
Hi anyone and everyone! I am a bedroom producer (I guess). I've been making all sorts of music for years now, but got into beat making and sampling much more recently (about the last year or so). I've always been a bit trepidatious when it comes to posting my stuff online, but I've always meant to so today is as good of a day as any.

I look forward to getting more involved with the community!

If anyone is interested all I have right now is a Soundcloud and a single beat I recently made:

Hi anyone and everyone! I am a bedroom producer (I guess). I've been making all sorts of music for years now, but got into beat making and sampling much more recently (about the last year or so). I've always been a bit trepidatious when it comes to posting my stuff online, but I've always meant to so today is as good of a day as any.

I look forward to getting more involved with the community!

If anyone is interested all I have right now is a Soundcloud and a single beat I recently made:

Imma be honest, your situation is really similar to mine ... specially with posting the beats, I'm scared of sharing my beats too, i mean only a liar can tell who's lying, I've sampled (A.K.A Stole) some melodies from songs before, or flipped melodies from songs and made really similar beats to the original, but nobody could tell (including me, after a while of not listening to the beat i made), and seen people do it too. i don't want people to do that to my beats, between thousands of beats that get uploaded everyday, what would be the reason that my beat won't be stolen ?

Anyways, Welcome brother. if u want my advice this is a really trusted place, at least nothing happened to me or i didn't see anything similar to stealing happen here, i mean the people even share their samples! so feel free to post your beats in the Showcase and join The Battles. they are kinda the most useful parts of the ill.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Oscar Monk and are you a pianist inspired by Oscar Peterson and Thelonius Monk?

Oscar Monk

clueless
Welcome @Oscar Monk and are you a pianist inspired by Oscar Peterson and Thelonius Monk?
I can play some piano, but I would not consider myself a pianist though. However, you are partially correct about the name. I came up with it while flipping a Thelonius Monk sample, but the Oscar half actually was inspired by one of my favorite authors: Oscar Wilde.

Oscar Monk

clueless
Imma be honest, your situation is really similar to mine ... specially with posting the beats, I'm scared of sharing my beats too, i mean only a liar can tell who's lying, I've sampled (A.K.A Stole) some melodies from songs before, or flipped melodies from songs and made really similar beats to the original, but nobody could tell (including me, after a while of not listening to the beat i made), and seen people do it too. i don't want people to do that to my beats, between thousands of beats that get uploaded everyday, what would be the reason that my beat won't be stolen ?

Anyways, Welcome brother. if u want my advice this is a really trusted place, at least nothing happened to me or i didn't see anything similar to stealing happen here, i mean the people even share their samples! so feel free to post your beats in the Showcase and join The Battles. they are kinda the most useful parts of the ill.
Yeah I totally feel you. And even beyond the fear of stealing is just the simple fear of showing people my work and leaving it out and open for judgement. I have an incredibly hard time deciding when I am finished with a project or a beat so that plays into it often.

But thank you for the welcome! I am sure I will be making ample use of the Showcase and Battles.