Harry Potter & The ILL Beat-stealing risk

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
The way I look at it... it is what it is. That's why relationships are important. It's going to happen. Even if not directly, because what's that famous quote... "creativity is hiding your sources."

Remember: supposedly Spielberg stole ET.

Plus, we're probably sampling shit, right? I think any creative role is a mix of art, creativity and sales. I'm just getting back into it after a 10 year hiatus, so I don't think my stuff is there yet to get stolen. But my thought process: I fortunately have a solid professional network with my unrelated day job, so when I start posting more and building my YT or other sites, I'm just gonna make sure I keep all of my working files. If something I made gets stolen and appears on some hit song, I'd just try to evidence it, spread the word and ask others to do the same, looping in my legal contacts if needed.

If it ends up on some random mixtape or something, if the rapper is awesome, I think I'd try to reach out to the artist and see if they want to collaborate (throw them off guard, but helps with my brand building). If it's trash, who cares.

My thought process is that I think YOU need to show that YOU are irreplaceable. That's the difference between a "type" beat and working with the producer themselves, everything else in addition to that one cool beat is what builds long-term value. My $0.02 anyways.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

DR.O

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 35
actually a shitton of the stuff I made back then was stolen for here n there. 15 yo arvin just LOVED doing beats that way ngl. I even remember writing an article on it on the ill. it was called "the grocery shopping method" or some shit like that. it's basically like you listen to 4 5 different beats, take one element from each and tada, you have 4 5 guarantee-for-hit elements to work with. from there you just Frankenstein your way to glory.

The way I look at it... it is what it is. That's why relationships are important. It's going to happen. Even if not directly, because what's that famous quote... "creativity is hiding your sources."

Remember: supposedly Spielberg stole ET.

Plus, we're probably sampling shit, right? I think any creative role is a mix of art, creativity and sales. I'm just getting back into it after a 10 year hiatus, so I don't think my stuff is there yet to get stolen. But my thought process: I fortunately have a solid professional network with my unrelated day job, so when I start posting more and building my YT or other sites, I'm just gonna make sure I keep all of my working files. If something I made gets stolen and appears on some hit song, I'd just try to evidence it, spread the word and ask others to do the same, looping in my legal contacts if needed.

If it ends up on some random mixtape or something, if the rapper is awesome, I think I'd try to reach out to the artist and see if they want to collaborate (throw them off guard, but helps with my brand building). If it's trash, who cares.

My thought process is that I think YOU need to show that YOU are irreplaceable. That's the difference between a "type" beat and working with the producer themselves, everything else in addition to that one cool beat is what builds long-term value. My $0.02 anyways.
soooooooooooooooooooo.......................................................... i dont post my beats on youtube..... i try n just post songs made with the beats usually on original mixtapes I make, my beat got stolen from ILL lol i found it on youtube tho...... i make beats for people too but i like to customize a beat for my customer and build it from the ground up.... i gotta huge library i built over the years and (shout out to armani) i can always "grocery shop" samples for a client to add in or to build off of and then play some keys and stuff ..... this dude i know from around the scene where i live at used to produce me for bags of weed lol he heard my newer shit and was blown away so he wanted to buy a beat ..cuz i went from couch surfing lyricist... to running a full blown creative media company from my house.... now I develop artists and shit ...... so anywayz he was trippin over the price i told him 250$ dogg... 50$ for a remix, mashup, or chop screw,.. anywayz he talked me into making him a sample beat... so i was like aight.... if u could make any song from any source what would u sample...THIS MOTHERFUCKER SAID ROD STEWART YOUNG TURKS......... the gayest song ever... but i was like aight i chose to build this with a bunch of copyrighted shit so it would be hard for him to not get a copyright restriction... i was like any shows or stuff thats special to u .. he said Star Trek, Rick and MOrty and some lame ass internet cartoon he watches with his kids (its like their thing or whatever to watch this web cartoon together) so thats the hardest song ever to sample without sounding gay BTW........ but i did it.. i asked him what parts of the song he was absolutely sold on..he said the synth was badass( its not) and that he really liked the message of the chorus..but i could choose whatever part i wanted as long as its THAT song ....... I pretty much grocery shopped the whole thing.. but i had some free n clear shit in my library that matched the 80s vibe i ended up using as my core however.... anywayz thank u to all the beatmakers who put type beats out there that me n armani can sample HAHAHAHAHA.... i feel that rep sells your beats anyway...thats y i started fucking with Ill muzik.. i figured the only way to charge good money( and get it) is to have some hits u made or win contests ..ive only won one ... and like 2 ppl voted or something lol but im proud of that win.. im gonna post the beat its called NU-Turkz i mean i even used the copyrighted official star trek door swoosh sounds.. WHICH AUTOMATICLY MAKES ANY BEAT COOLER ..using the REAL SOUNDS

DR.O

Beatmaker
soooooooooooooooooooo.......................................................... i dont post my beats on youtube..... i try n just post songs made with the beats usually on original mixtapes I make, my beat got stolen from ILL lol i found it on youtube tho...... i make beats for people too but i like to customize a beat for my customer and build it from the ground up.... i gotta huge library i built over the years and (shout out to armani) i can always "grocery shop" samples for a client to add in or to build off of and then play some keys and stuff ..... this dude i know from around the scene where i live at used to produce me for bags of weed lol he heard my newer shit and was blown away so he wanted to buy a beat ..cuz i went from couch surfing lyricist... to running a full blown creative media company from my house.... now I develop artists and shit ...... so anywayz he was trippin over the price i told him 250$ dogg... 50$ for a remix, mashup, or chop screw,.. anywayz he talked me into making him a sample beat... so i was like aight.... if u could make any song from any source what would u sample...THIS MOTHERFUCKER SAID ROD STEWART YOUNG TURKS......... the gayest song ever... but i was like aight i chose to build this with a bunch of copyrighted shit so it would be hard for him to not get a copyright restriction... i was like any shows or stuff thats special to u .. he said Star Trek, Rick and MOrty and some lame ass internet cartoon he watches with his kids (its like their thing or whatever to watch this web cartoon together) so thats the hardest song ever to sample without sounding gay BTW........ but i did it.. i asked him what parts of the song he was absolutely sold on..he said the synth was badass( its not) and that he really liked the message of the chorus..but i could choose whatever part i wanted as long as its THAT song ....... I pretty much grocery shopped the whole thing.. but i had some free n clear shit in my library that matched the 80s vibe i ended up using as my core however.... anywayz thank u to all the beatmakers who put type beats out there that me n armani can sample HAHAHAHAHA.... i feel that rep sells your beats anyway...thats y i started fucking with Ill muzik.. i figured the only way to charge good money( and get it) is to have some hits u made or win contests ..ive only won one ... and like 2 ppl voted or something lol but im proud of that win.. im gonna post the beat its called NU-Turkz i mean i even used the copyrighted official star trek door swoosh sounds.. WHICH AUTOMATICLY MAKES ANY BEAT COOLER ..using the REAL SOUNDS
shit its 10 mb its too big..................... sorry for not posting it. but dont get me wrong im not a wreckless grocery shopper.... just ransacking youtube.... i love my DAW's ... i make cool drum patterns all the fucking time and just save em to sample for myself later on down the line melodies too ( fuck maybe i should write a article on this shit) naw u fuckerz would never be the same ....- unrelated- the coolest shit i learned from reading articles on ill was from fade ... he was talking about using online virtual pianos and shit with his PC keyboard and not like a real MIDI if he didnt have one available to play... that is some wisdom MAN... i fuck with u guys ALL U BEATMAKING MOTHERFUCKERZ ARE COOL SHIT IN MY BOOK (except for Armani) ur not cool ...u fuckin thief HAHAHAHAHA #BOOMERbAP_4life

Last edited:
shit its 10 mb its too big..................... sorry for not posting it. but dont get me wrong im not a wreckless grocery shopper.... just ransacking youtube.... i love my DAW's ... i make cool drum patterns all the fucking time and just save em to sample for myself later on down the line melodies too ( fuck maybe i should write a article on this shit) naw u fuckerz would never be the same ....- unrelated- the coolest shit i learned from reading articles on ill was from fade ... he was talking about using online virtual pianos and shit with his PC keyboard and not like a real MIDI if he didnt have one available to play... that is some wisdom MAN... i fuck with u guys ALL U BEATMAKING MOTHERFUCKERZ ARE COOL SHIT IN MY BOOK (except for Armani) ur not cool ...u fuckin thief HAHAHAHAHA #BOOMERbAP_4life
I noticed you throwin shots from afar and that's cool n all but can you please use that one super powerful writing tool called "paragraph" the next time the next time u try to fuck with my name, youngblood? #ImNotReadinAllatFFS

DR.O

Beatmaker
I noticed you throwin shots from afar and that's cool n all but can you please use that one super powerful writing tool called "paragraph" the next time the next time u try to fuck with my name, youngblood? #ImNotReadinAllatFFS
cant do it man............................................... i speaks in volumes, riddles, and nonsense...........thats how i roll... no paragraphs allowed