Eminem - Encore, biggest dissapointment of the year

T

The Bastard

x-squizet said:
I get what you sayin bastard its just sounds like you are parading around saying the album sucks, i like it but its not his best but its a keeper to me, i ain't given no excuses to me it just sounds like he is havin fun and does'nt have alot of pressure on him, its just the need to take that freakin just loose it song off the album.
im not tryin to parade around and say an album sucks bro thats the last thing i would waste my time doin, if u noticed im jus replyin to the ridiculous exuse people are makin for this album being exactly what this thread says ,the biggest dissapoint of the year

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Fade said:
I didn't hear the album and I don't plan to but I'm sure it's going to be pure shit like his last few albums because he's just plain terrible. His first major release was his best stuff if you ask me, and then Stan from the other album.

Whooooo Fade?? You think the other album were shit? Whoo I think you came too far with that lol. Well, you all put out your own excuses, but I got one that never been said and make a lot of sense:

1rst: Dre is no more, his beats now are really weak these days, the beats he's making for Game are plain.

2nd: Eminem used to have every of his track co-produce by Jeff Bass and Marc Bass ( the Bass Brothers). Think of most of the best songs on Eminem Show and MMLP, they either produced it or co-produce. I saw scans of the Booklet, and they no longer work with him, that's why I think the production sucks.

The main reason is because of the production, i'm sure with better production the verses would've sound less stupid.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Qwerty said:
Whooooo Fade?? You think the other album were shit? Whoo I think you came too far with that lol. Well, you all put out your own excuses, but I got one that never been said and make a lot of sense:

1rst: Dre is no more, his beats now are really weak these days, the beats he's making for Game are plain.

2nd: Eminem used to have every of his track co-produce by Jeff Bass and Marc Bass ( the Bass Brothers). Think of most of the best songs on Eminem Show and MMLP, they either produced it or co-produce. I saw scans of the Booklet, and they no longer work with him, that's why I think the production sucks.

The main reason is because of the production, i'm sure with better production the verses would've sound less stupid.

damn ! dre weak ?

let's wait for detox !

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
iv just got Encore. i think there are a few nice tracks on this (mainly the darker ones). Yellow Brick Road stands out, as well as that one with 50 Cent and Stat Quo. the one where he talks about his beef is aight too. i was expecting a good track wih D12 as there usually is, but that one on encore sounds kinda shit.

Did Dre really make them beats? (cough, fallin off, cough)

sAfE.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea stop parading your hate bastard.... hahahaha....

lets just not agree to disagree that eminem isnt not bad and if your going to parade around at least put on a tiara.....

i dont even wanna hear the album really... i was pissed off enough when i bought his first album...

T

The Bastard

only parade i was at was the 2004 WORLD CHAMPION RED SOX PARADE

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thank you everyone for talking about how wack this album is, because my expectaions were hella low and i heard it and think it's tight. I don't know how you could say the production is amateurish, tho it could be better as sometimes it is too repetitive. Em still comes with his usual dope flo, and the bottom line is that he again just put out good music. I admit that there are too many bull-shit songs that i wonder what the hell he's even talkin about, but overall the album is again worth the $14. 23 tracks too, this album has both quantity and quality. Guys like Truth listen to the album just waiting to point out how wack it is and all the wack elements of it, so their opinions are biased and highly predictable. Anyone who typically doesn't like Eminem will jump on this album and how wack it is, because it's different and he took chances and to a hater that's a quick excuse to hate. But to sum it up, a strong album that you should definately check out and listen to open-mindedly, stupid and annoying at times but dope at many more, with, except for a few songs, consistently good production and flo.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
o-a-ksavage said:
Thank you everyone for talking about how wack this album is, because my expectaions were hella low and i heard it and think it's tight. I don't know how you could say the production is amateurish, tho it could be better as sometimes it is too repetitive. Em still comes with his usual dope flo, and the bottom line is that he again just put out good music. I admit that there are too many bull-shit songs that i wonder what the hell he's even talkin about, but overall the album is again worth the $14. 23 tracks too, this album has both quantity and quality. Guys like Truth listen to the album just waiting to point out how wack it is and all the wack elements of it, so their opinions are biased and highly predictable. Anyone who typically doesn't like Eminem will jump on this album and how wack it is, because it's different and he took chances and to a hater that's a quick excuse to hate. But to sum it up, a strong album that you should definately check out and listen to open-mindedly, stupid and annoying at times but dope at many more, with, except for a few songs, consistently good production and flo.

what the fuck?!?!? like i'm the only one "hating" on it? why the fuck does everyone single me out in these things? four pages of shit and people both loving and hating it... and yet somehow you manage to name me... if i had a dollar for everytime you, jaydub, bruce wayne, and a slew of others did that shit..... i would be a wealthy man...

anyhow, FUCK IT im hater, i'll wear that hat proudly, its rediculous these days.... people arent aloud to dislike anything..... you have to say nice things about something even if its wack... and oak proves that point perfectly.. he admits to it being "wack" and "annoying" and consists of "too many bullshit songs" but for whatever reason if i say that SAME DAMN THING i'm a hater.... gotcha.... if i got to listen to something "open mindedly" or from a certain perspective in order to like it.... then.. .chances are.. IT ISNT THAT GOOD. the fact taht you ADMITTED to having low expectations, and thus thought it was great afterwards.... says a lot about why everyone thinks hip hop sucks... if yuo have to have low expectations in order to like something... well, you might be a smart guy, perhaps you can figure out what that means....

hip hop sucks now because everyone is afraid to say WHEN something SUCKS... and anyone who does, is a HATER...

seriously though, that shit is genius right there. cause you can make wack shit all day and because nobody wants to sperate themselves from the lemming-like masses, they will find SOME way to like it... and its always a million fuckin excuses too..

"he's gettin paid though" "its for the ladies" "its for mtv" "its for this region" "you dont understand it" "aw, he's on that next level shit" "he switched it up" "he took a chance" "its different" "it bangs in the club though" "i got pussy to that song though" "i met that dude PERSONALLY, he's a cool dude" "he's a smart business man" "if you dislike the artsist, of course you wont like this" "people are jealous" "people just want to see him fail" "he put this out because he can".. i can writ a million more, all that i have heard...

at the end of the day... "hickity caca poo poo"...

if thats your idea of dope hip hop... that says A LOT about you, thats all i got to say...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
gram green said:
i dont even wanna hear the album really... i was pissed off enough when i bought his first album...

YoU AiNT LiKE THE FiRST ALBUM???
THAT WAS HiS CLASSiC SHiT
MY EMiNEM STANDARD iS "THE MARSHAL MATHERS LP"
HE WAS STiLL oN THE CRAZY SHiT AND HE GoT SERiOUS BUT HE WASNT TRYiN So HARD, i AiNT HEARD HiS NEW SHiT, BUT ANY ANTiCiPATiON i HAD WAS WiPED AWAY AFTER i HEARD "JUST LoSE iT".
AND WAS "MoSH" A SECoND SiNGLE oR ELECTiON PRoMoTiON???
iF HiS THiRD SiNGLE iS STRoNG iLL PiCK iT UP.
HoPE i WASNT ToO STRoNG WiTH THE HATE...

RELEASE;

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
hahahaha

hahaha thats like the funniest shit you ever said... seriously

yea i aint like most of the first album, only like a few songs .. i wasnt expecting him to do so much corn shit i guess.. i think his shit before that main album is cool though... cat got flows and all i can say is
Cold Truth said:
"he took a chance" "its different" "it bangs in the club though" "i got pussy to that song though"

hahaha hater ass truth....

C

Copenhagen

I don't think this album was meant for us anyway...it was meant for young kids with no real idea of Hip-Hop, who buy his records cause they like that corny shit and think it's "totally cool and mad funny"
I think he is just trying to make as much money as possible before he's no longer interesting to these young kids and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

I read a review by the way, and the main theme was that it's called Encore because there's nothing new under the sun at all, it's just a repeat of other songs he's done.
Also, the critic was tired of how the beats seemed to be less interesting and centered around his voice to make his rap stand out more...
Em is a good rapper, but I've come to the conclusion that he is not interested in the Hip-Hop crowd anymore...

chewbux

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ok so ive been reading all these reviews and i finally copped the album. i have to say as a previous em fan im dissapointed. i pretty much saw this comin tho. eminems music has been on a decline since the marshall mathers lp, and it seems its only gettin worse. most of the beats are the same type feel and how come all of the sudden hes singing more than he is rapping. what a waste...

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I listened to it and wasn't impressed. The beats are so-so and they all somewhat sound the same. The only soung a likes was the last song with Em, 50, and Dre.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
album sucks....

pick up NaS - Street's Disciple......

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
what the fuck?!?!? like i'm the only one "hating" on it? why the fuck does everyone single me out in these things? four pages of shit and people both loving and hating it... and yet somehow you manage to name me... if i had a dollar for everytime you, jaydub, bruce wayne, and a slew of others did that shit..... i would be a wealthy man...

anyhow, FUCK IT im hater, i'll wear that hat proudly, its rediculous these days.... people arent aloud to dislike anything..... you have to say nice things about something even if its wack... and oak proves that point perfectly.. he admits to it being "wack" and "annoying" and consists of "too many bullshit songs" but for whatever reason if i say that SAME DAMN THING i'm a hater.... gotcha.... if i got to listen to something "open mindedly" or from a certain perspective in order to like it.... then.. .chances are.. IT ISNT THAT GOOD. the fact taht you ADMITTED to having low expectations, and thus thought it was great afterwards.... says a lot about why everyone thinks hip hop sucks... if yuo have to have low expectations in order to like something... well, you might be a smart guy, perhaps you can figure out what that means....

hip hop sucks now because everyone is afraid to say WHEN something SUCKS... and anyone who does, is a HATER...

seriously though, that shit is genius right there. cause you can make wack shit all day and because nobody wants to sperate themselves from the lemming-like masses, they will find SOME way to like it... and its always a million fuckin excuses too..

"he's gettin paid though" "its for the ladies" "its for mtv" "its for this region" "you dont understand it" "aw, he's on that next level shit" "he switched it up" "he took a chance" "its different" "it bangs in the club though" "i got pussy to that song though" "i met that dude PERSONALLY, he's a cool dude" "he's a smart business man" "if you dislike the artsist, of course you wont like this" "people are jealous" "people just want to see him fail" "he put this out because he can".. i can writ a million more, all that i have heard...

at the end of the day... "hickity caca poo poo"...

if thats your idea of dope hip hop... that says A LOT about you, thats all i got to say...

Damn, hella sensitive. But you have said countless times before how eminem sucks and shit, so my point was, why should anyone listen to your reviews on an artist that you think sucks even on shit that other people think is clean. It is your opinion about the artist but if I think Ja Rule sucks Im not going to go listen to the album and then tell a bunch of ja rule fans that it's a bad album, cause I don't like his shit even when other people do. Obviously your opinion on the album will be biased. And in a lot of ways I DO think you are a hater. If you aren't a hater, why the hell would you listen to an album of an artist that you think is wack anyway. Obviously just so you can diss the album and talk the artist down in the future I would never listen to one song on the fuckin Chingy album. And Im not scared to admit when something sucks, I obviously dont think the album sucks. And Im not making excuses for the album, I'm just pointing out weakness. Just because I don't like certain elements of it doesn't mean I don't like the album as a whole. Yes, certain songs were wack and stupid, but overall i liked the album. Why the fuck would I need to make excuses, I don't lie to myself about whether I like something. If I don't like it, Im not going to force some weak shit upon myself. That's why fools like me and Jaydub and bruce wayne do say shit, cause you always make analogies and observations that are hella false and you write shit in a haterific way. So yes, thanks for admitting it, you are a hater, and im proud of you for having that breakthrough and finally getting that off your chest.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
*YAWN* round and round we go... your little act has grown quite stale, but i'll bite.

i listen to albums by people i dislike beaucase everything deserves a chance for me.... i never know when i will like something... for instance...i cant stand g unit.. i love young bucks album.....now i would have missed out on an album i really liked had i been a "hater" and judged it prematurely... on the flip side talib kweli is one of my favorite artsists and i hated his last album.....

and aint nobody taking "my" word or "your" word on anything; i think everyone here is quite capable of making their own decisions and forming their own opinions after they have had a listen their damn selves... i happen to love the new nas album..... a lot of people dont... you dont see me going on rampages calling people a "hater" because they happen to think something i like is garbage..... but whatever, do you, keep hating on the haters..... the irony is hilarious...