Economic Stimulus package passed Senate today...

• beat this! voting starts in...

Cell 2Dee

Bloody Fingers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 110
They're closing 15 schools in orange co, FL... 15 schools.......It's THAT BAD PEOPLE!! 800 Billion is NOT GOING TO FIX ANYTHING!!! They should've bailed out schools rather than bail out multi-billion dollar corporations who managed their money poorly........Those corps are still laying off people.....the banks are keeping the money for "just in case" instead of loaning money...

Just angry with the way things are going......

Co-Sign. Over here, the government bailed out the banks with our money (the taxpayer), billions of £'s, and now they said that they're still gonna give out bonuses. THAT'S MY FUCKING MONEY THAT IS GOING TOWARDS SOME DUDE WHO FUCKED UP THE WORLD, TO SAY "Hey, thanks for fucking the world up. Great job."

My dad got made redundant 2 weeks ago, my mum is being made redundant beginning of March, my sister and her boyfriend being made redundant March too, and they've got a 4 month old baby. I'm gonna be the only one in my family in work. And to the people basically saying that the job loss is such a small percentage that it's nothing to worry about, when it's happening to your family and they can't afford to heat their house, and can't afford simple necessities, then it IS something to worry about.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
"We've lost 3.6 Million Jobs in less than 13 months"

Ya so unemployment is now up to %6

The sky is not falling. Calm down.

lol...do u even have a heart? You're one of those that "if I still have my job it doesn't affect me" type people. We're in this together no matter your status or race. When there's nothing to take in the hood they can and will be in your neck of the woods putting the pistol to your head!

That's a lot of fucking people...not people u just see on t.v. Unless you live in a glass bubble you see these people out there struggling. I'm poor, I'm black, and I live within the black community. What I see out there is scary as fuck. My wife gets accosted every time she goes to the store so now "my way of life is changing", she doesn't go to the store alone any more...not even the freaking drug store and NOBODY goes to the store after the sun sets.

I hope your glass bubble is unbreakable because if we stay on this path we are all in trouble.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It's true, LDB...

The sky IS FALLING.....

3.6 million..that's nearly 10% of the population...

That's way too high for me.

Too much spending....eh....

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's true, LDB...

The sky IS FALLING.....

3.6 million..that's nearly 10% of the population...

That's way too high for me.

Too much spending....eh....

It's depends on where u live, how you live and who's in your personal world whether you see any of those 3.6 million faces. I can only speak for me. I'm seeing these people, they're my family, friends and neighbors. I know single women who have had to drop there health care coverage at work just to make ends meet. I drive up the street and see every 4th or 5th house foreclosed on. Shits directly affecting me so I'm feeling it!

75 thousand people where at the Super bowl and that seemed like a Sea of people just watching it on t.v. Now we're talking about 3.6 million!!!!! Come on man! Come on......There are entire community's out of work. Whole entire towns in states like Michigan where they depended on the auto manufactures to earn a living.....we're talking GENERATIONS of auto workers. It's the manual labor jobs that are disappearing....the jobs that the majority of Americans have. Hi tech and specialized jobs are the minority! I'm just saying.....

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
wow I dont even know how to answer this ....first

"lol...do u even have a heart? You're one of those that "if I still have my job it doesn't affect me" type people. We're in this together no matter your status or race"

No I was stating an economic fact. The US is at %6 unemployment look it up. No the sky is not falling and it sucks that anyone perpetuations this ignorant attitude.

Second

"3.6 million..that's nearly 10% of the population..."

WOw just WOW you need to go back to second grade and learn some math my friend the US population is 303,824,640 not even close to %10

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I live in a pretty affluent area.......and there's foreclosures everywhere.....huge houses.....

It may not affect your particular household, but it's completely changing everything around you....businesses are closing all over the place.....the value of your home (if you own one) is dropping by the day.... Man..I was looking for a AT&T spot to upgrade my phone.....there used to be 4 of them in the area....now there's one......restaurants are closing.....entire stip malls are going under.....

It's affecting everyone...even the "rich".

What gets me is that no one is bailing them out......but the lobbyists are bailing out those who contributed to their campaigns.......this plan isn't going to help main st as much as it will help wall st.

The morale of the people has gone to shit....regardless on who became president....

I heard a soundbyte the other day from a female who was elated that Obama became president...

She said...."now I won't have to worry about working, and paying my mortgage" What kind of shit is that? Is this the attitude of the people these days? Those are the kind of people who won't do shit for themselves and wait for government handouts....They don't care that the government will control most of their shit.....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
"

No I was stating an economic fact. The US is at %6 unemployment look it up.
Second

"3.6 million..that's nearly 10% of the population..."

WOw just WOW you need to go back to second grade and learn some math my friend the US population is 303,824,640 not even close to %10

Ok...my math was wrong....

The unemployment rate is actually at 7.6%

Not even close to 10%?? 2.4 % isn't close?

It was 4.7 percent in 2007........in one year..it rose nearly 3 percent.....

Goldman Sachs projects 9% unemployment by the 4th quarter...... close enough?

regardless of my math....The sky hasn't fallen to the ground..but it's on it's way down......people are hitting their breaking points.....my mother was laid off....and she's a rep for OSHA.........reason? Because so many places are closing down...there's too many people and not enough work........

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
lmao.....damn...u guys are clowning it before you even see it in action. Everybody's the expert on how to get us out of this mess but if that were so we wouldn't be in it in the first place.

I'm not speaking on it until I see it in action 6 to 8 months from now. The bottom line is that something had to be done. We've lost 3.6 Million Jobs in less than 13 months. Twice aS much as the last two recessions combined in half the time. The so called pork I see in the bill is basically there to help out the states. On the state level, not the federal level, is where we feel the heat first. When you have states the size of Cali going bankrupt that's major. Everybody in politics has an agenda. No bill will every be squeaky clean and pork free. There's give and take, that's politics.

We all need to pray for our President, the congress and the world in general. Pray that most or least half to 3/4 of this bill stops this free fall and gets things turned around or all of our way of life will end in the next 13 months. I can't see another 3.6 million losing there jobs, taking us to over 7 mill, not being able to support there families and this country not turn very very very very violent! U won't be able to go into a grocery store in broad delight without getting jacked. This shit is that serious. I've never seen so many beggars posted up at grocery stores and pharmacy's in my entire life. Right now they're asking for money and food.....if things don't at least stop in the next 6 to 8 months they'll be TAKING!

Please man. It's all politics.

If Obama really wanted to clean up the mess because all the "experts" say they don't know where the money went, or where the bad-assets are because of the formula used in the tranches (yes, it's TRANCHE -look it up) to make the securities... Obama should've said:

"I'm putting the FBI on this. They are going to find out what happened."

If THEY can't figure it out who did what - since all the transactions were done electronically. Then something's amiss.

-G

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"now I won't have to worry about working, and paying my mortgage" What kind of shit is that? Is this the attitude of the people these days"

No doubt right, thats the problem right there.

Unemployment is %6!!!!! not 7 not 9 %6 look it up

it was at 4.7 it went up by 1.3% sorry that is not the sky is falling.

Seriously who here is making less money. I want to know.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.

members online