Economic Stimulus package passed Senate today...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
What a damn mistake...

I've never saw so much pork....

This is one of the very few times I sided with the Conservatives.

This "stimulus" package has all the similarities to FDR's New Deal, which my friends, was a failure.

Only thing that got us out of the Depression was WWII..

A lot of people are going to get rich off of this "stimulus". But it won't be you and I.

Too much partisanship in politics.....I'm disgusted..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Well people.....Let me introduce you to BIG GOVERNMENT.....

Get ready for government regulation even in the private sector.........

Get ready for government to control energy regulation......"hey man..nice windmill"

I hope you saved a few extra thousand dollars to buy that car that now COSTS MORE because BIG GOVERNMENT regulated the auto industry...........

Saying goodbye to free market isn't too far-fetched, either.

Enjoy saving for a house.....banks are getting bailout money and just stashing it all....instead of using it to sign off on more loans......

Who's to blame for all of this? WE ARE... WE VOTED THESE PEOPLE IN....

These stimulus packages are simply put there to help the lobbyists.......wall street people are still getting their bonuses while unemployment is nearing Great Depression numbers in terms of percentage......

But hey.....we are victims of good ol fashioned terrorism...(not to the extent that we've come to know over the past decade). The government put FEAR into the people saying that if we don't pass the bill, it would be a catastrophe....

Who didn't buy this? WALL STREET!!! Wall St. went UNDER 8000 today.....UNDER...even after the senate approved a minimally revised edition of the stimulus bill....

Hope you have some money saved for your kids...they're going to pay for all of this.......

Better invest in gold...because 401k and mutual funds are in the shitter.

It's a sad day in America.... a very sad day.......

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
lmao.....damn...u guys are clowning it before you even see it in action. Everybody's the expert on how to get us out of this mess but if that were so we wouldn't be in it in the first place.

I'm not speaking on it until I see it in action 6 to 8 months from now. The bottom line is that something had to be done. We've lost 3.6 Million Jobs in less than 13 months. Twice aS much as the last two recessions combined in half the time. The so called pork I see in the bill is basically there to help out the states. On the state level, not the federal level, is where we feel the heat first. When you have states the size of Cali going bankrupt that's major. Everybody in politics has an agenda. No bill will every be squeaky clean and pork free. There's give and take, that's politics.

We all need to pray for our President, the congress and the world in general. Pray that most or least half to 3/4 of this bill stops this free fall and gets things turned around or all of our way of life will end in the next 13 months. I can't see another 3.6 million losing there jobs, taking us to over 7 mill, not being able to support there families and this country not turn very very very very violent! U won't be able to go into a grocery store in broad delight without getting jacked. This shit is that serious. I've never seen so many beggars posted up at grocery stores and pharmacy's in my entire life. Right now they're asking for money and food.....if things don't at least stop in the next 6 to 8 months they'll be TAKING!

divineaspex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lmao.....damn...u guys are clowning it before you even see it in action. Everybody's the expert on how to get us out of this mess but if that were so we wouldn't be in it in the first place.

I'm not speaking on it until I see it in action 6 to 8 months from now. The bottom line is that something had to be done. We've lost 3.6 Million Jobs in less than 13 months. Twice aS much as the last two recessions combined in half the time. The so called pork I see in the bill is basically there to help out the states. On the state level, not the federal level, is where we feel the heat first. When you have states the size of Cali going bankrupt that's major. Everybody in politics has an agenda. No bill will every be squeaky clean and pork free. There's give and take, that's politics.

We all need to pray for our President, the congress and the world in general. Pray that most or least half to 3/4 of this bill stops this free fall and gets things turned around or all of our way of life will end in the next 13 months. I can't see another 3.6 million losing there jobs, taking us to over 7 mill, not being able to support there families and this country not turning very very very very violent! U won't be able to go into a grocery store in broad delight without getting jacked. This shit is that serious. I've never seen so many beggars posted up at grocery stores and pharmacy's in my entire life. Right now they're asking for money and food.....if things don't at least stop in the next 6 to 8 months they'll be TAKING!

Straight up

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
And that good sir is why this is my only comment on this thread, im here to simply cosign.

Too many cooks in the kitchen.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.

We all need to pray for our President, the congress and the world in general. Pray that most or least half to 3/4 of this bill stops this free fall and gets things turned around or all of our way of life will end in the next 13 months. I can't see another 3.6 million losing there jobs, taking us to over 7 mill, not being able to support there families and this country not turning very very very very violent! U won't be able to go into a grocery store in broad delight without getting jacked. This shit is that serious. I've never seen so many beggars posted up at grocery stores and pharmacy's in my entire life. Right now they're asking for money and food.....if things don't at least stop in the next 6 to 8 months they'll be TAKING!

At least someone understands the severity of the situation. It couldn't have been said any better.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207

We all need to pray for our President, the congress and the world in general. Pray that most or least half to 3/4 of this bill stops this free fall and gets things turned around or all of our way of life will end in the next 13 months. I can't see another 3.6 million losing there jobs, taking us to over 7 mill, not being able to support there families and this country not turn very very very very violent! U won't be able to go into a grocery store in broad delight without getting jacked. This shit is that serious. I've never seen so many beggars posted up at grocery stores and pharmacy's in my entire life. Right now they're asking for money and food.....if things don't at least stop in the next 6 to 8 months they'll be TAKING!

amen ....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
The situation is very delicate at this point...

But to rush to pass something that costs so much is disturbing to me...

This reminds me of the new deal too much...... and like I stated earlier....it did not work....

I hope it works....but I don't think it willl

38th||

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Historically, stimulus plans don't work. Ask Russia, Venezuela, Western Europe, or most recently Japan. Actually, when japan tried it, their deficit multiplied by 3. So now they were three times as more in debt and still nothing had changed.

Even without a history lesson, it doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure out you cant get out of debt by creating more dept.

Take away the history and the math and just read the thing...only a few billion of it even comes close to stimulating the economy....lets see, 345 million for department computers, 650 mil for tv converter boxes, 15 billion for scholarships, 300 million for some gun stuff, 300 million for victims of spousal abuse.....im sure theses more but its to long to read.

I guess my point is, we dont have 800 billion dollars.

Banks that cant keep good records should fail, companies that make bad business decisions should fold, people that rely on credit that extends beyond their means should walk or go homeless, or do the smart thing and at least finance something you can actually afford to drive or live in.

The government is not the solution to all our problems...

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^ agreed, its much more healthier to have them tumble as they're a lost cause anyway, it just throwing away tax money in favor of a few industry cats with ties to the gov.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
"We've lost 3.6 Million Jobs in less than 13 months"

Ya so unemployment is now up to %6

The sky is not falling. Calm down.

i was thinking the same. We do pay into unemployment.

Historically, stimulus plans don't work. Ask Russia, Venezuela, Western Europe, or most recently Japan. Actually, when japan tried it, their deficit multiplied by 3. So now they were three times as more in debt and still nothing had changed.

Even without a history lesson, it doesn't take a mathematical genius to figure out you cant get out of debt by creating more dept.

Take away the history and the math and just read the thing...only a few billion of it even comes close to stimulating the economy....lets see, 345 million for department computers, 650 mil for tv converter boxes, 15 billion for scholarships, 300 million for some gun stuff, 300 million for victims of spousal abuse.....im sure theses more but its to long to read.

I guess my point is, we dont have 800 billion dollars.

Banks that cant keep good records should fail, companies that make bad business decisions should fold, people that rely on credit that extends beyond their means should walk or go homeless, or do the smart thing and at least finance something you can actually afford to drive or live in.

The government is not the solution to all our problems...

i agree there. My wife's family is from Venezuela and we talked about this extensively. We just had a stimulus by the Bush Administration. What it boils down to is that WE DO NOT HAVE THE MONEY to fund this. We will either print it which will cause more inflation or borrow from China who we already owe in the billions in a short 8 years.

At this point all we can do is support the President and hope this works. But in all honesty if you do the math, a depression is inevitable.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"Banks that cant keep good records should fail, companies that make bad business decisions should fold, people that rely on credit that extends beyond their means should walk or go homeless, or do the smart thing and at least finance something you can actually afford to drive or live in.

The government is not the solution to all our problems..."

I agree %100!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Here's the kicker....

People are falling into the trap...

People & businesses are getting desperate because of their financial situations....Instead of finding solutions on their own...they're depending on the government......Which plays right into the master plan....

Now the government will bail out these people.......in return, they will regulate how you spend your money....you will pay them back..

People are saying to give this a shot..... The country is 51% for the stimulus plan as it was drawn out.......so only half of the people are for this plan.....that is scary to me....

800 billion is NOT enough They calculated giving something less than a billion dollars to each state for road repairs....LOL Florida is going to need a lot more than that....I'm sure states like NY and California is going to need plenty as well....

They're closing 15 schools in orange co, FL... 15 schools.......It's THAT BAD PEOPLE!! 800 Billion is NOT GOING TO FIX ANYTHING!!! They should've bailed out schools rather than bail out multi-billion dollar corporations who managed their money poorly........Those corps are still laying off people.....the banks are keeping the money for "just in case" instead of loaning money...

Just angry with the way things are going......

members online