Dont Sleep on Some Advice SomeOne Post awhile Back

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Thanks Class, I had back up all my used samples and Reason refills, plus the reason files. But now i just put my beats in mp3 and a dvd.

If you don't have a burner, you can make yourself a couple of hotmail adress, and keep them on there. Or, if you know some one with a burner, put you beat on www.yousendit.com, you can put up to 1gb at a time, then you go to your friend's and burn it.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
tricky spinz said:
C drive? F drive? what's that?! jk. hahahaha. yea...we don't have that on the mac...we just have the hard drive...just one. hahaha.

U can still do it on a mac also, the only differnce is the MAC"s have a UNIX type file system(tree structure) thats becasue the new OS sits ontop of a UNIX platform, but u can still partition your hardrive on the mac's. Ive done it before, its actually alot easier

class....

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
classic said:
i saw the poll on the main page and i was very suprised to see that most people dont back up there music. Franlkly i think this is DUMB AS FUCK

If u had $2000 cash you wouldent just leave it laying around at the risk someone would take it right???? NO

U would take that shit and put it in the bank. SO why the hell dont u treat ur music like that
How can u put so much work and effort into something and leave to chance......

backing up only takes a couple of minutes to do and it will give you piece of mind.

Trust me on this, Im a systems analyist and a DBA, i see it all the time, your harddrive will fail!!! Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when, harddrives are magnetic which means that they are unstable.

Portable hardrives dont count as safe back up either(their failure rate is even worse), get your stuff on a stable storage device like a CD or DVD.

dont say i dident tell you so.

class....

Class is right ya'll, i'm proof of that. Late last year after my son was born, I took a hiatus from beat making. Never did back my shit up. One day my external hardrive I use to save my work just stopped working. It had about 100+ beats on it.....all gone.....I was crushed.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
damn thats fucked up man, can't you take your hard drive to look a computer store and they can get all your stuff of the hard drive

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
x-squizet said:
damn thats fucked up man, can't you take your hard drive to look a computer store and they can get all your stuff of the hard drive

A harddrive is alot like a record player that is magnetic. WHne u open a file or read something the harddrive arm moves to spot on disk(called a memory address) and reads that information

If your harddrives fails. THe arm can detach from the reader and scratch up the whole disk destorying the infromation. When this happnes there is really nothing u can do(with in reason) to salvage your infromation.

Now when a file becomes corrept there are some meausres u can take, its just a matter of what happens because harddrives can fail in so many ways....

class...

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
U can still do it on a mac also, the only differnce is the MAC"s have a UNIX type file system(tree structure) thats becasue the new OS sits ontop of a UNIX platform, but u can still partition your hardrive on the mac's. Ive done it before, its actually alot easier

class....

Yeah. I'm running macs in my lab. I have one PC that's functioning pretty much as a sound module that is trigger from my mac. So system maintenance is cross platform! Also, the UNIX bed is only on OSX machines. Some folks are still running OS 9. (One of my macs is running OS9)

X

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
x-squizet said:

Tried that, they said it was completely fried...like it was defective when I bought it or something.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Awhile back cant remember who Posted saying they Never Back there files up and Lost all there Work on there Computer and Recommended that if we havent done it we should do it now .

Well I slept on his advice and had a Nasty Scare this week got a bad virus from 1 of those automatic Xp updates and everytime i turned my Computer on Screen would just stay white

Luckily for me 1 of my good friends I grew up with is in College for Computer Networking and knows a shit load about Computers so he was able to reinstall Windows without me losing all my Samples ,song files , and shit . But if it wasint for him I would have no clue what to do and end up losing everything .

1 shitty thing though I gotta reinstall all my programs for them to work But I could live with that .

So Ya Dont Sleep On dat Advice Cuz You may live 2 regret it

Im a Go Copp my DVD Burner in a few Hrs .

members online

No members online now.