does anyone ever feel like giving up?

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i say this all the time to people that are just startin out... when u listen to the radio, do u hear sounds in a song that u can create urself with ur on own equipment? do u think u can make that same identical song or songs in ur house? listen to a few songs. if u know for a fact that u couldve made those songs, then equipment isnt the problem. grab an instrumental and try and recreate a song, sound for sound, trk for trk. people do that on youtube all the time... it comes down to ur creativity, and ur imagination. if u cant get something started in ur head, go to the club, sample, go outside... watch others. learn more about urself and the equipment u use. like misscc said, 1 piece at a time...sooner or later ull be where u need to be. people will definately recognize ur skill. i remember doin a show in manhattan when i 1st came back on the scene, and a week after the show this kid started reciting my lines across the street from me. i didnt think i got anyones attention that nite, but someone was definately listening. U MADE MY DAY HOMIE!!! lol

keep grindin bro.

da relic

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
no doubt. sometimes you just have to take a step back and just enjoy the dope music that you find. those vids tend to help me get thru those down times, especially when i havent crossed any dope music.

Erica Johnson

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trez260 said:
here's a good source of inspiration for me (incase you havent' seen'em..i've posted these before)

Pete Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws2aCAhbsc0

Kev Brown
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHOXXsu4ehc

sometimes it takes coming out of that element and observing your favorites in order to put that rumble in your belly again. hope they help.peace.
Oh man, "Love Is A Battlefield" is like one of my favorite joints of the 80s. I haven't really been getting my sampling game on (you can do a lot of cool stuff and create a lot of good vibes with sampling), but lately, I've been thinking about stuff that I could do to various songs. I ain't really trying to right now though cause if I come up with something really dope, I kind of want to release it for sale. However, I still am going to do it, never know when you will be able to get it out there.

Thanks for the video. I got my new Future Music today. :)

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
A lot of the stress ur talking about is due to comparing ur level to others or u achievements to others and feeling that u have make an impact on the game by a certain age.

Not everyone is gonna be in the indudstry so dont sweat it just get into ur music and expermiment and develop ur sound, dont force urself to do 5 beats a day just make music when u feel it and as ur sound progresses over time u can decide which way ur gonna go.

If but dont think that if ur not making a living off music then u have to quit all together co music can be useful as a way to keep the mind healthy and to give u energy to do other things in ur life.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
when I was a lil nigga my pops aint introduce me to music..............he was a nobody back in his days but my uncle was a local DJ in his hood in Brooklyn if I wasn't smokin weed in the pjz in Farrockaway hangin in front of the building I would be in bushwick I picked up on music on my own...........I always wanted to DJ cuz I thought that's how u get the chicks lol.........I was like 14 my uncle wouldn't let me touch his turntables he had got the technic 1200s when they first came out he kept them shyts clean lol

O

open mind

N.Y.S.O.M. said:
when I was a lil nigga my pops aint introduce me to music..............he was a nobody back in his days but my uncle was a local DJ in his hood in Brooklyn if I wasn't smokin weed in the pjz in Farrockaway hangin in front of the building I would be in bushwick I picked up on music on my own...........I always wanted to DJ cuz I thought that's how u get the chicks lol.........I was like 14 my uncle wouldn't let me touch his turntables he had got the technic 1200s when they first came out he kept them shyts clean lol

interesting story it remembered me them good ol dayz u know.theres never be sumtin better than the ol skool.peace.

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
if you smoke buds you never feel that way, get high u will stay motivated to make beats, i have hit slumps where i dont want to make shit, but usually i dont get to the point of ever giving up, i guess hip hop has to be apart of you, i cant live without hip hop, thats right!

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
bigrob said:
interesting story it remembered me them good ol dayz u know.theres never be sumtin better than the ol skool.peace.

yea but i didnt kno about music like that nah mean after my uncle showed my some things and later on as i grew up i found out DJ Clues Manager Skane Dolla lived next door to my grandmother in Queens back then i was a CLue fan i wanted to get turntables cuz of him. Skane was a A&R at DEF JAM i think he was close to Jayz..........but i was a lil dude nah mean i wasnt into fancy stuff it was just weed chicks and electronics lol and hangin around the projects

and Graf i cant even hit the weed no more i work for a job that does drug test like clock work lol

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
slik da relic said:
dont mean to be nosy but... MTA? u live in Queens, im in Brooklyn... we need to connect on something.

da relic

i work for Access A Ride fam itz a contract wit MTA im from Farrockaway fam but i stay in long island gotta take that A train home lol

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yo i listen to my own beats too much son, i am surprised when i hear anything that isnt mine...hehe weird or what...

erkl

Funky Walker Dirty Talker
ill o.g.
if u dont enjoy it as a hobby then why do it

i dont care if i never make a cent off my music, itd be cool.. but its not a reality, yet im addicted to making beats cuz it just makes me feel good

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
you should just quit. if you cant get it now, you never will. may as well hang it up.

i dont remember who, but someone told me that once in here...

its irritating, isnt it?

my only advice to you is that having patience with YOURSELF is the greatest asset you can have in this line of work.

members online