Corny As Hell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"SHAKE IT LIKE A SALT SHAKER"= pure genius. the word play is staggering! i have never heard similies so...so... deep!

LIKE A SALT SHAKER- you shake a salt shaker, and the girls should shake their things just like that! GET IT? how very clever!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Put the ice on the shelf, put the whips up clown
So put the whips up nigga, the Bird's in town
We tryna get the money, the jewels, the brown
Big houses, pimpin, shine uptown
Never gon' stop, we millionaire bound !

at least Eminems shit makes you think (sometimes) this shit just makes me wanna Copp a 45. an robb a few banks so I can be Mr.Bling

Pure Materlistic Bird SHit

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
JAYDUB.......what's funny is all those crunk rappers talk about is cars and money, yet they really on't have a lot of it if you look at rap music as a whole.....Eminem's got 100 times the cars and money any ying yang twins got, yet he doesn't mention it ever....I think crunk is good in the clubs, but is really just that, and doesnt go any further....it's candy coated and basically there to party to.....but u can't argue that Ying Yang are on the same level as Em....Lyrically there are very few who stand on the same level as Em......As I've said in several thread, y'all are reading too much into his lead singles....Wait for the album to drop before you start hating on the man...that's all im saying

C

Copenhagen

Wow, do you shake a salt shaker? I always wondered why they called it a salt shaker...LOL.

I don't care much for either of the mentioned artists, but will agree, that Jay, you've been saying some stuff lately that would have made me think you we're from 1984, and not 1974. Your views are your views, and that's fine, but they way you go about things...

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
ok, well, i guess i got in here a little late for this debate. but i don't think you have to be corny as hell to like eminem. yea, maybe you're a little sheltered or misinformed for him to be your favorite rapper, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have any good material. for instance, i thought "Quitter" was pretty good. and he's got other good shit. not everything he makes is gold, but give the dude some credit.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
Seriously speaking , I don't think Eminem's the best rapper these days, but he's in the top 5 , if not top 10 ...you can't underestimate his technique (perfect diction, ill punchlines etc....) To me "Loose Yourself" is a classic regardless of its "mainstream" status. I agree with Jaydub in the sense that people tend to focus on mainstream, MTV type emcees and automatically think Eminem is the best.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
to say your tired of "pop hop" and then give props to the yinyang twins is redicilious, Eminem, though im not really into his music at the moment, has and probably will never make a song as radio, pop hop as southern krunk......even his gay ass just loose it song is better than any krunk song i've ever heard. At least when he does it he does it out of humor, and i gotta admit the shit makes me laugh, but the YinYangTwins seriously look and talk the way they do....lmao........when i first heard and seen them i thought it was a joke.....seriously.....They are like the Dumb and Dumber of hip hop......and im sure in like 2 years nobody will even remember them until VH1 does a special on Hip Hops most embarassing moments, and you'll see them again.....lol........im sure "shake it like a salt shaker" made a hip hop qoutable in the source too, with its raw and in depth lyrics....lol Seriously why does every southern rapper that comes out now seem like they have about a 3rd grade education?? I know there are some decent southern rappers out there some where, or is OutKast the only ones?

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
I don't understand why people are hating on Em so much. Sure he throws a pop song or two on his albums, but the rest of it is pretty hardcore. Radio don't play all of his songs. For him to be on top of the industry is amazing being that he's white. The man sells albums and I think all of us here would like to do the same. I've seen peeps talk about giving their demos to others in hopes they'll score it big, but do you honestly believe that the underground movement can exist in the mainstream. It wouldn't be underground at that point. Mainstream music is "pop" music, a derivative of the word popular. All radio music is "pop." So let's give em his props for being a great artist.

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
CampO said:
all that Most South Coast rappers rap about is Money Cars Ho's and there lyrics are corny as fuck
half the time they dont even gotta rhyme they just slurr a bunch of words together and when they do rhyme its like some mickey mouse 3 letter word shit ex. HI bye Die lie tie fry cry

Be Serious dog.....thats not just the south.....thats rap music period. I admit a lotta South shit sucks......but at the same time a lot of east coast /west coast n whereva the hell u from sucks to me 2. One thing I dont understand about the "South sux /fuck crunk situation is.....how you gon say that real "mc's" like mobb deep, nas, bravehearts, and a whole bunch of other cats are so good but at the same time they joining the same bandwagon of "crunk." Everybody all over trying to get a lil jon beat for a hit single.......Basically tho, what it all boils down to is the money. People dont give a fuck about art or what they saying. If the shit gon sell.....they'll rap it.

If hip hop is to be so diverse then y so much hate going towards different types of music. If you don't like it fuck it you dont have to, but at the same time you have to respect the artists for what they do. Hell I feel like im the only one down south that hates the fuck outta lil flip. Tha shit he says sounds so ignorant it makes me sick but I still have to respect how he appeals to the masses. Thats what its all about nowadays :/

lol and as far as the ying yang twins.....Dont dig deep into that shit....Everybody in the game does something ironic for attention..Them niggas just act ignorant. If you listen to some of their older cd's you might actually find some tracks you like. @ least I did :/ ......The Rap game is like real emotions to me......Every artists represents one. Some times I feel like partying....so imma jam some lil jon/crunk shit....Sometimes I feel revolutionary....then I might play some Dead Prez. If I wanna hear some knowledge shit n some real lyrics then Imma play some Nas or Talib.....Dont be so picky about what you listen to.....Because whoever can appeal to all regions no matter where they're from will be the one 2 reign......side note ( Thats why I like coming here and letting people hear my tracks. Its different people from all over so they all gon' like different types of music. When I figure out how to appeal to everyone here and make music thats good across the globe..........THEN I got sumthin.

PZ!

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Bosta said:
Be Serious dog.....thats not just the south.....thats rap music period. I admit a lotta South shit sucks......but at the same time a lot of east coast /west coast n whereva the hell u from sucks to me 2. One thing I dont understand about the "South sux /fuck crunk situation is.....how you gon say that real "mc's" like mobb deep, nas, bravehearts, and a whole bunch of other cats are so good but at the same time they joining the same bandwagon of "crunk." Everybody all over trying to get a lil jon beat for a hit single.......Basically tho, what it all boils down to is the money. People dont give a fuck about art or what they saying. If the shit gon sell.....they'll rap it.

If hip hop is to be so diverse then y so much hate going towards different types of music. If you don't like it fuck it you dont have to, but at the same time you have to respect the artists for what they do. Hell I feel like im the only one down south that hates the fuck outta lil flip. Tha shit he says sounds so ignorant it makes me sick but I still have to respect how he appeals to the masses. Thats what its all about nowadays :/

lol and as far as the ying yang twins.....Dont dig deep into that shit....Everybody in the game does something ironic for attention..Them niggas just act ignorant. If you listen to some of their older cd's you might actually find some tracks you like. @ least I did :/ ......The Rap game is like real emotions to me......Every artists represents one. Some times I feel like partying....so imma jam some lil jon/crunk shit....Sometimes I feel revolutionary....then I might play some Dead Prez. If I wanna hear some knowledge shit n some real lyrics then Imma play some Nas or Talib.....Dont be so picky about what you listen to.....Because whoever can appeal to all regions no matter where they're from will be the one 2 reign......side note ( Thats why I like coming here and letting people hear my tracks. Its different people from all over so they all gon' like different types of music. When I figure out how to appeal to everyone here and make music thats good across the globe..........THEN I got sumthin.

PZ!

Now that's real

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Every one of ya'll hating on the south look at the fuck where you from,

Are you jealous the south is making more money and getting more attention than dry ass Southern California? Get it how we LIVE down here boi!

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
ok jaydub im ova here in florida,more "south" than u buddy and most crunk music is still ass!! most of these crunk rappers cant rap if thier careers depended on it! so far from all the postings in this thread i reallly think your coming across as immature,if u dont like eminem just dont listen to him but tryin to say that your "SOUTH" rappers are better is just plain dumb.on behalf of every one please:

SHUT THE FUCK U! =o)

Have a good day!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJDRAGN9 said:
ok jaydub im ova here in florida,more "south" than u buddy and most crunk music is still ass!! most of these crunk rappers cant rap if thier careers depended on it! so far from all the postings in this thread i reallly think your coming across as immature,if u dont like eminem just dont listen to him but tryin to say that your "SOUTH" rappers are better is just plain dumb.on behalf of every one please:

SHUT THE FUCK U! =o)

Have a good day!

FOR THE LAST TIME I HAVEN'T SAID SHIT ABOUT SOUTHERN RAPPERS BEING BETTER THAN ANYONE, STOP PUTTING FUCKING WORDS IN MY MOUTH, READ WHAT THE FUCK i SAY, YA'LL SOME STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
God dammit Cold you got everybody thinking I'm the biggest Ying Yang Twin fan out there, I've brought two of there cd's and they were entertaining, hell FIELD MOB CD was very entertaining both of them,

I rather listen to someone with marginal skills and adult content than someone with above average skills and no lyrical content anyday!!!!!!

I like beats so half the time it's not the lyrics as to why I like crunk shit!!!!

1nce again GET OFF MY DICK!!!!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Ya Bosta u right i shouldint of come across like all south shit is wack cuz Luda got some of da sickest funniest lines ever and Outkast my brothers Favorite group ever So we Be listing to them nuff times

and i would rather listen to lil jon ying yang twins cash money in the club over nas or alot of east coast shit any day but come on the lyrics is wack 2 me south is like the tekno of hiphop cuz its good in da club an it gets the girls wildin out

But Nuttin Beats Reggae or Soca in a CLub sorry

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
CampO said:
Ya Bosta u right i shouldint of come across like all south shit is wack cuz Luda got some of da sickest funniest lines ever and Outkast my brothers Favorite group ever So we Be listing to them nuff times

and i would rather listen to lil jon ying yang twins cash money in the club over nas or alot of east coast shit any day but come on the lyrics is wack 2 me south is like the tekno of hiphop cuz its good in da club an it gets the girls wildin out

But Nuttin Beats Reggae or Soca in a CLub sorry

Reggae do be having bitches off the hook in the club, BIG Sty is from Richmond, he's dope

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online