Copped the MV-8000

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
I had posted some heated comments earlier on today in response to your calling me confused and you had replied, young_keyz. It looks like those comments have been deleted. It's probably a good thing that they were. To you it looks like I'm swapping equipment, to me, I'm trying to strike a good deal. Were you in my position, maybe you could see my side of things.

It's just not possible to please everybody and make them understand, so I'm not going to respond with more hostility. I'm going to end this line of discussion peacefully. Thanks to all for their thoughts on the MV. young_keyz, good luck in your future endeavors.

Peace.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Solace said:
I Was Talkin To The People At Roland And THey Was Like MPC People Swear By It Because Of The Swing And How U Can Get In Between The Notes... But They Was Like The MPC's Only Got 96 PPQ Where As The MV-8000 Has 480 PPQ So For Better Swing And To Get In Between The Notes Better The MV-8000 Is More Fine And Has A Greater Resolution....

actually the mpc 4000 has 960ppq, which is double the mv

the 1000,2000, & 2500 are the ones that have 96ppq

Hitz_Production

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I have a quick question 4 yall MV users.. im looking to completely overhaul my studio set up... first off im using either Protools/Logic/or Nuendo to mix/sequence the final product. Computer is MacBook Pro Intel Core 2.16GHz

I want the MV-8000 to be the brain for the beat (lol)
All my .wav drums are into the harddrive and anything else i might need.

I want to use one midi controller combined with my several rack synths
all sequenced into the MV-8K as midi. (is this even possible??)

Also i want to be able to use the sound modules in Reason 3 with the MV (i know this is possible) but also I have Stylus RMX and i use it with Protools as a plug in, is there a way to trigger these drums via the MV? And also with the tracks in the MV once i make the beat in it, can i do an full dump into my program to mix? will i need a mixer to do this?

And once i purchase the MV i will expand to all the features, VGA screen and Audio I/O exp.

THANKS GREATLY IN ADVANCE FOR THOSE WHO CAN SHED SOME KIND OF LIGHT ON THIS.

See, a friend of mine got out of a meeting with his attorney and he's soon to get his hands on some big money, and he's gonna invest in my company, and recording on my setup is becoming limiting so i'm looking to expand into a process where i can work from one machine.. i've heard about the learning curve for the MV, i'm ready, i just graduated from High School and i got nothin to do, so i'll have plenty of time to master this machine.

-HITZ

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hitz_Production said:
I have a quick question 4 yall MV users.. im looking to completely overhaul my studio set up... first off im using either Protools/Logic/or Nuendo to mix/sequence the final product. Computer is MacBook Pro Intel Core 2.16GHz

I want the MV-8000 to be the brain for the beat (lol)
All my .wav drums are into the harddrive and anything else i might need.

I want to use one midi controller combined with my several rack synths
all sequenced into the MV-8K as midi. (is this even possible??)

Also i want to be able to use the sound modules in Reason 3 with the MV (i know this is possible) but also I have Stylus RMX and i use it with Protools as a plug in, is there a way to trigger these drums via the MV? And also with the tracks in the MV once i make the beat in it, can i do an full dump into my program to mix? will i need a mixer to do this?

And once i purchase the MV i will expand to all the features, VGA screen and Audio I/O exp.

THANKS GREATLY IN ADVANCE FOR THOSE WHO CAN SHED SOME KIND OF LIGHT ON THIS.

See, a friend of mine got out of a meeting with his attorney and he's soon to get his hands on some big money, and he's gonna invest in my company, and recording on my setup is becoming limiting so i'm looking to expand into a process where i can work from one machine.. i've heard about the learning curve for the MV, i'm ready, i just graduated from High School and i got nothin to do, so i'll have plenty of time to master this machine.

-HITZ
one thing for me is a good understanding of midi and routing after having had to work with gear, if you worked with vst's, channels and midi routing much you will cut your learning curve because thats gonna be a big part of knowing what patches you have loaded on which channels etc....it really is about learning the structure, I know I only got this a few days ago, but as I said earlier I owned the fantom S for a few years and the sequencer is pretty damn close to the same....so I got a huge headstart on using the box outside of if you never used it or any piece of gear....anyhow the clipboard cant be overstated as RZA talked about I cant go into a big explanation but its like a big key to using the patches quickly and putting your idea down....I have only midi'd my tank of a controller kurzweil pc88 ....because its big enuff to spread a whole bank out across its 88 keys, then on my other comp I have reason hooked up with a cheap midi controller, I can trigger or make a sequence loop or sample any of the instruments into the mv.....or just do a one hit string of sounds, export it to a loop and chop it in the mv....this is what I have accomplished so far......you are in the same boat as one of my co-workers, he is interning from moorehouse, he knew absolutely nothing about making tracks....he copped the fantom first but he took it back and got the MV, joined mvnation then got a bunch of videos and dug into the manual.....but anyhow it looks like you might be on the right path, just know what I know about hardware sequencers and their functions (nothing to do with the music) knowledge I am telling you this machine is so far ahead its crazy, maybe the 4000 was further ahead....but there is so much possible on it and the color interface with vga option just is a big production point for me....anyhow man good luck......I suggest you do some surfing around at mvnation or somewhere, you can get lots of info from people that have had their machines since like day one, they probably will be good at answering some of your concerns more accurately....

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ok just a little update for all yall mv lovers. Im not too sure if this product is out or is about to come out but once you get the mv 8 extra outs card you can transfer 8 tracks from the mv over the your computer(via firewire) and software of choice useing something by presonus cause the v-fire! So overall this add on will turn your mv into a sound card! Real talk!