Copped the MV-8000

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
rythmikal.... i got two ?s for ya;

whats the sample memory on that thing like? and how do the pads feel?

i probably shouldnt even be thinking about it, its way way out of my price range, but damn, that interface looks so nice...

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
You can have up to 512mb of ram but some have been able to put 1gig in it so thats way than enough memory needed for sampling. You can do up to hours of work on da MV8000 still with memory left over.

Nicole

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
rythmikal.... i got two ?s for ya;

whats the sample memory on that thing like? and how do the pads feel?

i probably shouldnt even be thinking about it, its way way out of my price range, but damn, that interface looks so nice...

the sample memory speaks for itself - 128mb standard, expandable up to 512mb. but there is a downfall!

it may sound alot - more than u wud ever need, BUT that RAM gotta last over 16 songs. yes it aint RAM per song, its RAM per project (which contains 16 songs) however this does have its advantages.

the pads - they are good n responsive however harder to the touch than the mpc's, which sux ass. but i dont care i can take the pain!

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
Clientele said:
yea damn man you need to show us some beats u made on that mv i having a hard choice from choosing from the mpc2000xl-mcd or the mv-8000 for sampling and making dat real hiphop

Going by tracks is a bad way to decide on a peice of gear

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Well its gonna be biased b/c u gonna have so many sounds that can come from da MV. It depends on da producer, da type of song,ect. Best bet is to test it out if u can or if u real serious about music go ahead and make dat investment.

Nicole

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
i know producer X swears by his, he had it ever since it came out...I had 3 mpc's and 2 emu boxes and its hard to convince me....but I also had the Fantom S (still have it after getting rid of it) before they dropped the mv8000, besides the number of tracks the sequencer is almost identical to that 4 year old piece as far as functionality and yes the timing and quantize can kinda get tricky.....my man just copped it and he let me work out on it about 2 or 3 days total and its a nice piece to own and like someone said it chromatically spreads out your samples and yeah the lcd takes you to another level sorta like a Fruity loops looking interface....I'd say if you looking for the all in one piece and easy to transport its a good deal, also if you hit up a real showroom like the guitar center be a hard bargainer and maybe even have an old piece to trade for it, its comparitively a very expensive box....unless you going for the new 4000

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
the sample memory speaks for itself - 128mb standard, expandable up to 512mb. but there is a downfall!

it may sound alot - more than u wud ever need, BUT that RAM gotta last over 16 songs. yes it aint RAM per song, its RAM per project (which contains 16 songs) however this does have its advantages.

the pads - they are good n responsive however harder to the touch than the mpc's, which sux ass. but i dont care i can take the pain!

when you run out of ram just start up a new project. Not really a hard or bad thing. No rule that says you have to use up all 16 song spaces.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
^^^^

Preference. Also some people just dont want to take da time to learn new stuff. He can trash it do whateva its da end result that makes a difference to me. Just Blaze might make beats but dat dont mean da MV8000 is trash cause he aint usin it. To all my peeps who still wanna cop an MV8000 disregard dat shit.

Nicole

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
fuck all that shit, its all about the ESi32, haha classic sounding filters....

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
SlickVikNewman said:
I just read in the recent SCRATCH that Just Blaze trashed his after Roland try to get him to cosign. He wasnt feelin it at all, kinda was vague on why, maybe he is just an MPC disciple and cant let go?

to be honest i dont think any industry cats use it, not even rza or jermain dupri. i say this coz it takes alot of time to fully learn, it can take a minute just to learn the basics.

IMO no industry cat would have the time or patience to learn how to use it. why would they bother wasting weeks learin a whole new system wen they can just stick to their mpc's.

this is why Just Blaze aint feelin it, the 4k is where his head is at and will always be. the next generation of producers will be usin it, you will hear of it more often in the future.

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
And i'm glad that there aren't alot of folks using it yet... Everybody needs something different..

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
to be honest i dont think any industry cats use it, not even rza or jermain dupri. i say this coz it takes alot of time to fully learn, it can take a minute just to learn the basics.

IMO no industry cat would have the time or patience to learn how to use it. why would they bother wasting weeks learin a whole new system wen they can just stick to their mpc's.

this is why Just Blaze aint feelin it, the 4k is where his head is at and will always be. the next generation of producers will be usin it, you will hear of it more often in the future.

I don't think Dupri does but after watching the interview and the references in "Scratch", I think that the RZA really uses that machine.

O

open mind

its hard to switch without a good reason from one thing u MASTER to a thing u have to LEARN.i can understand just blaze staying with his mpc.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont care who use it or dont. The Mv is the future of some hip hop hits. Alot of producers that are producing for big artist use the mpc or some old sampler because when they was coming up thats the options they had. People like us have more options to use and one of them are the MV 8000. If i was making money for the last 5 to 10 years using a mpc 3000 or 2000....i wouldnt change also but since i had a choice i pick the mv. All the mv is, is a tool that i use to create. I might like to a name brand hammer that you dont but at the end of the day if i can hit the nail in just as good as you can with my hammer whats the point. The mpc is not better than the Mv and the Mv is not better than the mpc...........now days its all about if your better than me or me better than you and gear really has nothing to do with that!