Community Discussion, Important!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey man yall are making a lot of good points, but I have to admit when I first joined I did go on a posting rampage, I try to keep that to a minimum, what I think is happening is there are a lot in this for the fun or dabbling now, not that we are pros but there are a lot of cats that will not try to figure things out on their own first.......its just too easy to ask someone to try to figure something out than trial and error and learning.....I like to help anyone with a question myself because I think I am reasonably knowledgeable and if it helps the next kanye or whatever I will be proud with just that....but lately the post have resembled some of the topics at the other sites that I just read about 3 threads and said to myself either this is a bunch of kids or just some people that really are not serious about tryna learn da craft, but to anyone that is serious I will offer up an answer whenever......like I said the reason why I fell on the site was back when there was a lot of old vinyl to that I could stream and sample that was of pretty good quality...and I was already sampling a lot then so I felt like there was a lot of people here that were experienced at different levels but really into hip hop.....anyhow my 5 cents....newbs keep the really unique or really good questions coming ......this is by far to me the best resource as far as production and daily topics on the net with a core group of heads thats been on it forever...LOL

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I think that a big problem is when a sertain individual wants to join, say battle that, and needs a few more posts and goes to the showcase and writes 5 individual posts in a row like:

post1:
It was hot!

post2:
Blazing, really nice

post3:
I didn't feel it

etc etc.

Fist off, that aint constructive chritisism. That's just jack and of no use to anybody. And I see it far to often and it agrivates me cuz I try to give some of my time to the showcase. To give constructive chritisism.

So to me. Posting rampage nonsense is the 1 issue. Posting lame questions that has already been asked before I can forgive. 1, 2 perhaps 3 times :D

My 2 swedish kronor

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
andreas said:
I think that a big problem is when a sertain individual wants to join, say battle that, and needs a few more posts and goes to the showcase and writes 5 individual posts in a row like:

post1:
It was hot!

post2:
Blazing, really nice

post3:
I didn't feel it

etc etc.

Fist off, that aint constructive chritisism. That's just jack and of no use to anybody. And I see it far to often and it agrivates me cuz I try to give some of my time to the showcase. To give constructive chritisism.

So to me. Posting rampage nonsense is the 1 issue. Posting lame questions that has already been asked before I can forgive. 1, 2 perhaps 3 times :D

My 2 swedish kronor

I completely agree...Yo, there are some newbs on this site, that joined in like January '06 or February even, and have over 4 or 5 hundred posts. Now there's no way that they have 500 heplful posts. I guarantee a lot of them are just some retarted bullshit posts. I've been here for over 2 years now, checking the forums everyday, or almost everyday. And I only have about 500+ posts. It's not that I'm lazy, but I avoid making useless posts. Trust me, I'm reading this shit everyday...I think if the users on the forum just posted when they really have something to say, or some way to add to a discussion, it would REALLY help....rather than all these dudes who straight up just write "^^^ cosign" and make a post...This is clogs up the forum, and is just plain irritating to me...

T

The Bastard

let me be a moderator,i have an iron fist!

in addition,on a serious note, i think its important to let newbies have their own forum,its not their fault they post shit thats been talked about here a million times,they are new here,how would they know about a topic thats brought up 4 months ago.besides doing a SOMETIMES, tedious search.i think itll keep the topics fresh too, our opinion of sumthin we posted a few months ago might be diffrent than our opinion today,so i think newbs should have their own forumz

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Yeah, have a Newb forum where the post doesn't register. A forum like the producer feedback forum. That doesn't register posts so there will be no spamming and a place where shit can be asked no matter the "studpidity" and/or repeatativeness.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Like I said, we tried that already. Too much crazyness, I was getting too many emails and PM's from the newbs, and it's too much work for me and the moderators to handle all of that.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
5th Sequence said:
Fade, I don't know if you could hook something like this up but what if, in addition to them answering that question, they have to select a "I understand" on a "I understand/don't understand" form question. It could be a simple question, maybe have like 5-10 of them that are the mainpoints you want enforced.

For example,

1.) You may not, under any circumstances, spam this site for your own personal promotion.

I agree (radio button), I disagree (radio button) (<=== and the radio button defaults on disagree).

2.) ALL beats must be posted in the Showcase section and nowhere else. Seriously, no where else.

I agree (radio button) I disagree (radio button)

3.) Don't be a stupid noob and ask stupid noob questions. You actually may be banned.

I understand (radio button), I disagree (radio button)

like that idea... and you could also have a text box where they actually gotta write "I agree"...

In the text, you'd have something like: "You may not spam the site for you personnal promotion, ever. If you do, you'll be banned. By writing "I agree" in the text box bellow, you're stating that you understood that rule and will face the consequences of your actions."

...and a text box underthat...

There would be no way to signup if you do not read the rules that way... Cuz, if they see the radio buttons, they'll just put them on i agree without reading...