Can't stand REGGAETON

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cwik

ill o.g.
Reggaeton is hot. Obviously not everything thats released but there are some really good joints and really talented artists.For example, I got daddy yankees album about january (way before the trend hit Europe) and still listen to it in my car sometimes. Yo this man has skills no doubt. The way he flows over those beats, changes from ryhming to singing and back, he is technically speaking one of the most talentes Emcees I have ever heard. He could easily kick most US rap artists ass. Beats are repetitive, yes true but....shit so is Hip-Hop.
Ths drums get taking used to....but I quite like them. I could'nt listen to it all day but there again I would'nt listen to HH all day either.

Luney Tunes are 2 very talented producers and have some wicked beats, Don Omar is hot, Tego Calderon....there are a lot of really good musicians there....but as usual when something is hot, everyone wants a piece of the cake and there is lot of bullshit coming out. You just need to separate the hot from the wack!

I've always liked discussing with illmuzik members.....but after reading this thread I do have the impression some of you guys are very narrow minded. Sorry no offense...but if someone says the beats and emcess are wack then he just has not been listening carefully!

Peace out. Cwik.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
the beats and mcs are wack

Cwik

ill o.g.
ignorant

RigorMortis said:
the beats and mcs are wack
ok rigor if you say so.....but to tell the truth if you telling me Yankee
ain't talented then shit man you don't understand much about Emceeing man!

and i don't mean by judging by just one track like "gasolina" (i hate that joint too)
and that is one of the weakest records on his album anyway!

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
YOOOOOOOOO GUYS! I GOT THIS CRAZY DRUM PATTERN, check it out:

Boom, tap boom tap boom, tap boom tap boom, tap boom tap boom tap boom......

It's hot ain't it??? That shit is so hot, i think i'm gon use it for an entire album!!!

Eurydice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
YOOOOOOOOO GUYS! I GOT THIS CRAZY DRUM PATTERN, check it out:

Boom, tap boom tap boom, tap boom tap boom, tap boom tap boom tap boom......

It's hot ain't it??? That shit is so hot, i think i'm gon use it for an entire album!!!

this tread is getting personal...lol........

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Cwik said:
ok rigor if you say so.....but to tell the truth if you telling me Yankee
ain't talented then shit man you don't understand much about Emceeing man!

and i don't mean by judging by just one track like "gasolina" (i hate that joint too)
and that is one of the weakest records on his album anyway!

No offense to you dawg but it seems like u might not really grasp the topic maybe in europe things are diffeerent i dont know, however Reggaeton is wack and as i said before the artists are wack Daddy Yankee is corney as an mc he don say nothing even people i know that love that shit say he wack hes not a dope emcee fam, a dope mc is a Nas. a Phonte, A Masta Ace,an Andre 300, daddy yankee is a joke kinda like skee low got me. I do agree Tego is dope buty only on hip hop beats them reggaeton beats are all the sam a triton keyboard n synths same drums, occasionally a bachata sample but same drums wack, n personally i could listen to hip hop all day its extremely diverse man Flipp back n forth all day from Little Brother n mos def to the roots to some wu dont really know what u talking bout dawgy....

Cwik

ill o.g.
trinidad said:
No offense to you dawg but it seems like u might not really grasp the topic maybe in europe things are diffeerent i dont know, however Reggaeton is wack and as i said before the artists are wack Daddy Yankee is corney as an mc he don say nothing even people i know that love that shit say he wack hes not a dope emcee fam, a dope mc is a Nas. a Phonte, A Masta Ace,an Andre 300, daddy yankee is a joke kinda like skee low got me. I do agree Tego is dope buty only on hip hop beats them reggaeton beats are all the sam a triton keyboard n synths same drums, occasionally a bachata sample but same drums wack, n personally i could listen to hip hop all day its extremely diverse man Flipp back n forth all day from Little Brother n mos def to the roots to some wu dont really know what u talking bout dawgy....

hey trinidad, i guess it is kind of different here, reggeaton did not boom half as much as it did in the US. About Yankee, if you read my statement I never said anything about what he says. I gave him credit for his technical skills. I mean let's be honest, Reggaeton is dancing music. It's good for the club and the car. Now just technically speaking Yankee to me at least is very dope. That guy can switch easily form a double time to singing and then back again and has some really dope flows. I don't understand everything the emcess spit because it's such a hard carribean slang but just judging by the flows and style I definitely think he is hot. I mean for example his 8 bars on "12 discipulos" is just ill. I mean all the other Emcess on that joint (lennox, tego, ivy) just look really weak compared to him! That is just hot! Nas, Phonte, Masta Ace all them cats are legends and some of my favourite lyricists...no doubt but if you were to compare them flow wise...shit man I honestly believe Yankee would burn them! But anyway...thats just my opinion...I mean you can't really compare them it's just a different vibe and everything but still, you can't go telling me yankee aint got skillz...i disagree to that!
Everyone hating on reggaeton, the drums are always the same, everthing sounds the same, then I think to myself are you guys listening correctly. Ok 1st time you listen to it maybe but if you take the time to listen closer you realise it's not all that similar! Not even the drums bro...okay the loop is boom, clap, boom, boom, clap but there are so many different breaks and shit that give the songs different vibes. Rememeber sometime less is more!

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
J Rilla said:
whats wrong with skee lo?!?!?!?!....I wish i was a lil bit taller , wish was a baller,wish i had a girl that look good than i will call her...

Thats fire homie

On some real ish hommie even though i thought he was i joke thats song was my joint lol i think i even got the tape on bootleg

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
Cwik said:
Reggaeton is hot. Obviously not everything thats released but there are some really good joints and really talented artists.For example, I got daddy yankees album about january (way before the trend hit Europe) and still listen to it in my car sometimes. Yo this man has skills no doubt. The way he flows over those beats, changes from ryhming to singing and back, he is technically speaking one of the most talentes Emcees I have ever heard. He could easily kick most US rap artists ass. Beats are repetitive, yes true but....shit so is Hip-Hop.
Ths drums get taking used to....but I quite like them. I could'nt listen to it all day but there again I would'nt listen to HH all day either.

Luney Tunes are 2 very talented producers and have some wicked beats, Don Omar is hot, Tego Calderon....there are a lot of really good musicians there....but as usual when something is hot, everyone wants a piece of the cake and there is lot of bullshit coming out. You just need to separate the hot from the wack!

I've always liked discussing with illmuzik members.....but after reading this thread I do have the impression some of you guys are very narrow minded. Sorry no offense...but if someone says the beats and emcess are wack then he just has not been listening carefully!

Peace out. Cwik.

Yea it's true they're out doin stuff and I'm not saying they're talentless, but hey, everybody's talented in their own way. A crippled person dancing in a wheel chair is also considered as talent. BUT, try living here where they play that music all the time on the radio and then you hear people driving by you and blasting it up, you'd be sick of it too. That's why most of us here can't stand that music. What ever happened to GOOD music? And calling us here on iLLmuzik "narrow minded"? HAH whatever... we just know REAL music.

Cwik

ill o.g.
KurtisRich said:
And calling us here on iLLmuzik "narrow minded"? HAH whatever... we just know REAL music.

1. I did'nt call you here on illmuzik narrow minded, it was not directed to all members.
The way you hated on Reggaeton and the reasons just sounded....yes narrow minded!
2. I like reggaeton so I don't know what real music is? Man I got everything on my i-pod.
from the jb's to tribe, artifacts, missy's cookbook to tego's el enemi del gusaibiri, whatever even house music or jazzanova electro. It's just like when ragga came along....that's more sounds for a dj and makes it all more intresting and vaster.
The more the better. I only produce Hip-Hop and a bit of ragga and reggaeton myself...
but being in a producer community I would have expected more understanding for the music than "ahw....shits all the same, bla bla bla"

Man i did'nt mean to insult anyone but all i'm saying is there is much going on the scene
and alot of the shit is burning. Reggaeton has something I miss in alot of Hip-Hop prodcutions today...energy and that uncomprimising touch to it!

Sorry if I was rude....did'nt mean it that way! Just trying to see the other side of the story!

Whatever....peace and 1-luv!

Cwik

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pageartist.cfm?bandID=258860

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I dont see why you say the reasons we gave to say reggaeton is not good are narrow minded to you. I understand that you do like it, but hey... not everybody does. A lot of the girls I know like that "crappy piece of shit" music, and most guys I know HATE it with a passion ...but that doesnt mean I HAVE to like it too.

Those drum beats are repetitive. And they sound as if they where from the exact same soundbank/sample. I dont know why you're even trying to argue with that. I'm a drummer and I'm well placed to say that it is. Others here have also a lot of musical knowledge (way more than me) and we can easily see that it is... why would you be the person here that could say that it's not? Are there some sounds that we dont hear? some hidden drum patterns that we can only hear at the end of the song (cuz I never did listen to more than 2 or 3 minutes of one song.. except the Rihanna one)?...well... what is it? tell me?

And, well using the same drum beat over and over again... well that's unoriginal and it shows a lack of creativity...

A lot of producer bring heat to their beats without being repetitive. So why should we accept that from reggeaton?

And again, I dont get what's narrow-minded about all i said there?

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
well, I consider it as reggaeton because of the drum structure, which is pretty much the same as reggaeton... but with changeups and different sounds than other reggaeton songs

I'm talking about "Music of the Sun"... with the guitar and all...

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
sYgMa said:
well, I consider it as reggaeton because of the drum structure, which is pretty much the same as reggaeton... but with changeups and different sounds than other reggaeton songs

I'm talking about "Music of the Sun"... with the guitar and all...

well its a good song which is all that matters really. As for reggaeton i havent encountered it that much, i think it was hot in uganda when i was over their, but i never really got to listen to much of it so i havent really formed much of an opinion, but i as much as i can tell the main feature is that same drum pattern.

Cwik

ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
I dont see why you say the reasons we gave to say reggaeton is not good are narrow minded to you. I understand that you do like it, but hey... not everybody does. A lot of the girls I know like that "crappy piece of shit" music, and most guys I know HATE it with a passion ...but that doesnt mean I HAVE to like it too.

Those drum beats are repetitive. And they sound as if they where from the exact same soundbank/sample. I dont know why you're even trying to argue with that. I'm a drummer and I'm well placed to say that it is. Others here have also a lot of musical knowledge (way more than me) and we can easily see that it is... why would you be the person here that could say that it's not? Are there some sounds that we dont hear? some hidden drum patterns that we can only hear at the end of the song (cuz I never did listen to more than 2 or 3 minutes of one song.. except the Rihanna one)?...well... what is it? tell me?

And, well using the same drum beat over and over again... well that's unoriginal and it shows a lack of creativity...

A lot of producer bring heat to their beats without being repetitive. So why should we accept that from reggeaton?

Yo sigma man, nothing is narrow minded about what you said. I also never said or wanted anyone to start liking reggaeton because I do. I hope you guys did not take that to seriously with the narrow minded. I just briefly read the first few posts and alot was just the artist are not talented and wack and so on. I don't think that reggaeton is unoriginal and you do. Thats ok. I like the drums and like I said the repetitive drum pattern is not so bad because there are always different breaks and intervals. But anway theres is no use in discussing this further...you don't like it, I do. We have different opinions and thats ok!

By the way I was listening to your beats on soundclick and like your style.
What synths are you working with?

Peace.

Cwik

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pag...m?bandID=258860

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Ayo seriously...the final word on Reggaeton...it's aight in a club if a dope latin chick is grinding on you...if not...come on dog...that shit is garbage. And I'm Puerto Rock...and I'm tellin you...I catch a lotta heat bout this, but I can't stand the shit. As a Puerto Rican I'm also tellin you that we'd be the first mafuckas upset if Jamaicans started makin Salsa records and callin it "Salsa-Mon"...that shit is theirs yo...I don't mind the collabos w/ Reggae artists and shit but I love Reggae/Dancehall...but again as a Puerto Rican who is often subjected to Reggaeton I can't take that drum kit anymore....stop it please!

Eurydice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:

yo .....not all girls like this kinda music.....

Cwik

ill o.g.
The end

benny_buku said:
Ayo seriously...the final word on Reggaeton...it's aight in a club if a dope latin chick is grinding on you...if not...come on dog...that shit is garbage. And I'm Puerto Rock...and I'm tellin you...I catch a lotta heat bout this, but I can't stand the shit. As a Puerto Rican I'm also tellin you that we'd be the first mafuckas upset if Jamaicans started makin Salsa records and callin it "Salsa-Mon"...that shit is theirs yo...I don't mind the collabos w/ Reggae artists and shit but I love Reggae/Dancehall...but again as a Puerto Rican who is often subjected to Reggaeton I can't take that drum kit anymore....stop it please!

shit i can't remember anyone complaining when primo used the same drums and patterns for about 1289 beats or lil' jon for his last 551 tracks....but anyway dog i'm not discussing this anymore. maybe I just see things differently cos' i'm not exposed to it as much as you guys are in the U.S.

It's all good. Peace. Cwik.

Still if anyone wants to give me some feeback on my reggaeton track, then please do.
It's more Salsa-ton really. Nice Salsa sample and driving drums. It was actually a little
hit here in Switzerland, got into heavy rotation and shit. The version I uploaded is without
the vocals so you can concentrate on the beat. It's the track at the top of my list called
"My Day"!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=258860

Thanks and have a gd' day! Peace out. Cwik.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Cwik said:
shit i can't remember anyone complaining when primo used the same drums and patterns for about 1289 beats or lil' jon for his last 551 tracks
Yo see the thing is is that you are saying that, but their drum pattern arent LITERALLY the same. they may sound similar to you , but they are not the same. Reggaeton beats have LITERALLY THE SAME EXACT DRUM PATTERN DOWN TO THE BREAKDOWN EVERY 4 BARS. Its not even a matter of opinion, its a fact. you cant disprove this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online