Bitwig!!!!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Yea I am still playing with the demo, and it certainly is a version 1 product but I have been looking for another DAW to do some extra stuff in for years now, and I think this fits the bill. Its rather amazing. My daw requirements for things I can't quite do in Reason are

Video support
Multilane note editing
no dongle for copy protection
cross platform as I go between windows and mac pretty often (and this even has linux support WOW)
VST host of course
per note expression like cubase
multimonitor support

I know this is pretty specific wish list but bitwig has them ALL in version 1, its really remarkable. There are a few spots where it is rough around the edges for example no groove templates but at this point I am pretty confident that this will be my secondary DAW next to reason. So anyone want to buy my live 8 suite license. :)

producerspot

ProducerSpot.com
seems that first version released of Bitwig contains plenty bugs and errors, they announced recently a new update with some major fixes. Anyway I think there is a long way until this new DAW will win his place on market.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Here's part 2. I wish they'd get into the details! I was going to mess around with it over the weekend but I've been sick, so hopefully this weekend. Anyone else play around with it yet?

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
ok so after spending lots of time with it, I am less convinced. At least now, by version 2 or 3 I am betting it is the DAW to beat, but right now it is missing some major things I need. Also the interface is a bit more cluttered than say Live's. Reason will always be my #1 composing tool, but I am getting some sound design jobs where I need to create sound effects to video, so my needs have changed a bit.

Don't get me wrong, bitwig is amazing, I just need to get the ground running these days so i will probably buy it with the plan of moving to version 2 and getting it in the workflow.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Really? Well from first impressions it looks "busy", that's why I'm not a huge fan of Live anyway. I was going to dive into Live but with Bitwig, I figured I'd try it out. I'm just so used to the layout of Sonar, with its traditional DAW look I guess.

thedreampolice

ill o.g.
Sonar is fantastic, I would really consider it if they had a mac version. I really try and only use software that works on mac or pc so I am not stuck anywhere. But I have been thinking about using sonar for an upcoming project so maybe I will revisit. There is allot to like about x3

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
For sure. I mean, it's tempting to want to use something new, but I'm just so used to Cakewalk LOL. I'm going to try Bitwig though, at least it's good that they're moving the DAW in a new direction.

members online