Bitwig!!!!

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
I wanted to like this so much, been waiting forever, of course I downloaded the demo on release day and I was very happy I didn't take up the offer I received to purchase a copy early

I didn't expect so many basic features to be missing for how long they took, the two things that stopped me from moving any further was there was no count-in at all, and you couldn't route multiple channel vst plugins either with midi or even to process separate audio outputs. I asked them about it and they said "it will be a free update before version 2"

So...I'll probably check the demo again at version 2 ;)

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
Yeah, there's a metronome but not a count in, it's weird lol...or maybe it was tap tempo, or both! I remember being mad about transport and now that I think about it I know tap tempo wasn't there because I asked them why it was missing from such a "live performance" oriented daw.

I couldn't find the count-in either, but like I said, I didn't spend much time with it after finding such simple omissions, figured if I would force myself to learn something new I need basic features in tact :)

saintjoe

Audio Fanatic...
ill o.g.
The concept/idea is nice but the execution was a let down, especially considering how long people have been waiting for it to drop. Nothing is perfect for sure (trust me, I've been with Maschine from the jump lol so I know all about that), but there are basic things you should have in a DAW that has been in the works for over 4 years LOL.

Ahh well, hopefully they get it together it's always good to have options, but my excitement is gone, I'll check it again after a few major updates probably. I'm glad I didn't spend the money on it though, I would have been super mad.