Better audio quality when recording beat video?

So then it probably only works best when working with standalone?
live streaming software should allow you to choose a video source and audio source separately, you might be able to use the iphone just as a camera and have the streaming software link a different audio source. Capture the screen instead of recording with an external camera is another option

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 144
Wanted the best way to do this. Cuz I be so quick to bust out my phone and record video and post it lol but I know there’s a better way I’m not sure if I did it the right way. I used to record me hitting the buttons then go to iMovie then line the audio up with the video. Takes so much time when doin all that on my iPhone. Thought there may be a better way

Wanted the best way to do this. Cuz I be so quick to bust out my phone and record video and post it lol but I know there’s a better way I’m not sure if I did it the right way. I used to record me hitting the buttons then go to iMovie then line the audio up with the video. Takes so much time when doin all that on my iPhone. Thought there may be a better way
the quick and easy way just has shit audio because of the qualities of the tiny phone mic.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
This is why an external recorder is the best option for audio but it comes at a cost of a few hundred. If you look at Instagram videos there's lots of beatmakers just recording with their phones and you're hearing that audio, and they're using speakers.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
This is why an external recorder is the best option for audio but it comes at a cost of a few hundred. If you look at Instagram videos there's lots of beatmakers just recording with their phones and you're hearing that audio, and they're using speakers.
Ok I’m looking into getting that as well sometime lol wonder if that will still allow me to just have my headphones on without turning up the volume to the monitors. The main issue is the neighbors and just not trying to disturb anyone while making videos lol cuz I’d like to share a snippet of beat without having to export the beat an all that yk

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
yea after reading all this im still not 100% sure what your actual end goal is. Is it just to post beats on insta? It feels like you are making it way too complicated.
Lol i probably am im sorry. I just wanna post my beats on instagram with good quality. Maybe occasionally with me in the video making the beat. Best way to do it?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ok I’m looking into getting that as well sometime lol wonder if that will still allow me to just have my headphones on without turning up the volume to the monitors. The main issue is the neighbors and just not trying to disturb anyone while making videos lol cuz I’d like to share a snippet of beat without having to export the beat an all that yk
Okay since you're just using headphones then you have no choice but to do it like I mentioned earlier. Here's what I do for my YT videos:

• Camera records audio/video.
  • Whether I'm using the MPC, Mic, or my DAW to make beats, I record my audio interface into my DAW. I have the Scarlett 4i4. Have you setup your Scarlett to record into your DAW?
  • If I'm using the microphone, my camera's mic picks up my voice so then I just line that up easily when I'm editing the video.
  • If I'm just using my MPC then I load up a kick on a pad and hit it a few times, recording it into my DAW and the tapping sound is picked up by my camera's mic. I line the audio up easily with the tapping of the pad and the recorded kick.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Okay since you're just using headphones then you have no choice but to do it like I mentioned earlier. Here's what I do for my YT videos:

• Camera records audio/video.
  • Whether I'm using the MPC, Mic, or my DAW to make beats, I record my audio interface into my DAW. I have the Scarlett 4i4. Have you setup your Scarlett to record into your DAW?
  • If I'm using the microphone, my camera's mic picks up my voice so then I just line that up easily when I'm editing the video.
  • If I'm just using my MPC then I load up a kick on a pad and hit it a few times, recording it into my DAW and the tapping sound is picked up by my camera's mic. I line the audio up easily with the tapping of the pad and the recorded kick.
Yea my interface is setup to my DAW, But my Mpc don’t run to my DAW I switch back n forth from my DAW to Mpc usually