Best Producers Ever..

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
first off...what does it take for you to be considered the best producer?

(this is in no order)

jimmy jam and terry lewis
dr. dre
quincy jones
george benson
miles davis
curtis mayfield
bob james
rza (imo he's fallen off)
clark kent
neptunes
marly marl
pete rock (imo he fell off, his sound is dated)
dave kelly
track masters

(just to name a few)

ART MPC 4000

THE NEXT BIG THING
ill o.g.
m.s said:
Please Keep In Mind Dre Just Started Makin Hot Beats When He Started Fuckin With East Coast Influences... Im Not Sayin He Is Not Hot But He Aint The Best...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...are you serious. oh so deep cover wasnt a hit? he didnt have hits with nwa? he was and is the BEST hip-hop producers ever. no one has done it longer or with more consistantly than dre. but i dont wanna turn this into a "dr. dre is the best forum." i have my opinions and beliefs and so does everyone else. i usually dont argue with the opinions of people on this site, but to say dre is not the best is a joke and an insult to the man and his work. there are many great producers out ther right now but alot of them are newcomers to this "mainstream" production and in order for me to call these producers great they need to put a lil more time into the game for me.

i cant say people like jus blaze, kanye, alchemist, etc. can be called "the best producers" yet. there too new to the game for me. there hot (yes!) but the best...i just dont know, its too soon.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
ART MPC 4000 said:
track masters

)

damn i forgot about Trackmasters, they are some of the greatest no doubt. their beats are the type u never forget.

sAfE.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Best Producer

m.s said:
Just Curious To Know The Opinions On Who Produces The Best Beats Man..
I Gotta Roll With Priemier And The Rza... Just Primo's Mass Appeal Beat Is On Of The Top 5 Ever.. And Da Rza's Shadow Boxin.. What Yall Think...

Please Keep In Mind Dre Just Started Makin Hot Beats When He Started Fuckin With East Coast Influences... Im Not Sayin He Is Not Hot But He Aint The Best...

I'm with you on the Rza if he never made the spead samples popluar may not have Mr. West and Just Blaze. It is crazy how something done on accident has become the producers standard these days. So it has to be Rza A.K.A Bobby Digtial. Wu-Tang changed the game and birthed a lot of copy catz.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Shit if u wanna take it there,
then i will say

Rachminoff
Mozart
wagner
chopin
Duke ellingtion
Miles davis
Hanz zimmer

Miles Davis all the way!

...followed by dj shadow, the RZA, The Ummah etc...

members online