Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I'd have to say my favorites are:

RJD2
Kanye West
Just Blaze
Jay Dee
?uestLove
9th Wonder (He can rip the hell out of FL Studio fo real!!!)
and last but not least.....TIMBALAND (all around the best producer to ever touch the boards...period-He was original, but still had the mainstream crowd on lock!!! a F***in Genius!!!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i cant belice people are sayin Hi-Tek. wat has he actually done to be one of the greatest? give him a few more years then maybe.

sAfE.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
m.s said:
Just Curious To Know The Opinions On Who Produces The Best Beats Man..

Please Keep In Mind Dre Just Started Makin Hot Beats When He Started Fuckin With East Coast Influences... Im Not Sayin He Is Not Hot But He Aint The Best...

Well if that's the question at hand; then I would have to say; in no particular order:
RZA
Dre
Primo
Pete Rock
Organized Noise
Peanutbutter Wolf
45 King
Alchemist
Blaze
RJD2
Eric Sermon
Timbo
Havoc
Beatnuts

Those are just a few favorites that come to mind. I'm sure that I left someone out........
As to that statement about Dre; I won't even get into that because that shit was just silly.
ONE

GucciCondom

ill o.g.
I can't believe only one person said Stoupe. And what about Necro? Necro production is fucking wild.

My list: Necro/Stoupe/Primo/Alchemist/Just Blaze/9th Wonder/RZA/Beatnuts

Konvict

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
i cant belice people are sayin Hi-Tek. wat has he actually done to be one of the greatest? give him a few more years then maybe.

sAfE.
Where can I find some work from Hi-tek? I hear a lot about him but I havent really heard any of his sh*t.
Oh yeah and Yellow Boy is a pretty tight producer too.
Konvict

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:

sAfE.
I see what ur sayin....this thread has turned into more of "who is your favorite producers "than who is the best ever"...I made the same mistake....U named Blaze though....Alot people can say what has he done to be the greatest....He got hits and shyt,but so do hundreds of other producers...

T

The Bastard

Ado said:
Neptunes
Timbo
Swizz Beats
Dre
Scott Storch
Alchemist
Heatmakers
Kanye West
a lil bit of Lil Jon
one of the dudes from the heatmakers is goin to trial for shooting up a club in boston u hear about that? but ya necro is sick wit the beats, no doubt. personally as a rapper i dont really like his style, but i think if he did a project wit sum1 out of his inner circle, like cormegga or gza or mob deep, it would be classic

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Timbo - Dirt off Ya Shoulders. Put you on to game. In the club. big pimpin. jigga what. so sick
Just Blaze - pump it up, breathe, safe to say, PSA, The shit for usher
Kanye West - Spaceship, jesus walks, two worlds, down and out, encore, stand up
Dj Premier - mass appeal, so ghetto, anything he did for Royce 59, his chop are so sick
The Neptunes - Beautiful, excuse me miss , Oh No, drop it like it hot. grindin
lil jon - yeah, freak a leak, goodies, lead back remix, gangsta roll, best use of the detox lead on the trition.

Fav. Newcomers

Rich Harrison - Get Right, Dangerous In Love, 1 Thing, Soldier
Cool And Dre - Hate or love it, so much more, new york
Disco D - Ski Mask Way.
9th Wonder - Girl, threats, good ol love

Ado said:
Neptunes
Timbo
Swizz Beats
Dre
Scott Storch
Alchemist
Heatmakers
Kanye West
a lil bit of Lil Jon

Yeah, i forgot about Swizz.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
MY FAVORITES:
quincy jones n michael jackson (as a team)
just blaze
alchemist
dre
hi-tek
dj quick
battlecat
pete rock
premier
9th wonder's gonna be a legend, just wait.
kanye west of cooourse, forgot about him, thanks rythmikal :p

heatmakerz got some banging stuff that get my head noddin till my neck breaks.

dave west and his shit with De La Soul is great as well.

theese threads are kinda useless imho

EDIT: I've changed my list like 100 times in 20 minutes :p

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Konvict said:
Where can I find some work from Hi-tek? I hear a lot about him but I havent really heard any of his sh*t.
Oh yeah and Yellow Boy is a pretty tight producer too.
Konvict

reflection eternal with talib kweli and hi-tek is awsome

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Vince said:
quincy jones n michael jackson (as a team)
just blaze
alchemist
dre
battlecat
dj quick
pete rock
premier
9th wonder's gonna be a legend, just wait.

theese threads are kinda useless imho

id agree with all of them right there, but if u gonna mention 9th Wonder, u gotta say Kanye too. these are possibly the future greats.

sAfE.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Konvict said:

Hi-Tek aint too hard to find lately. just pick up the G-Unit album (beg for mercy), he got a few joints on there. he's also got a beat or two on The Game's album, and i think he has a few beats on The Massacre.

sAfE.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what 'bout phil spectre probably the most influential ever (i'm talking mix techniques orchestrations etc. pioneered use of the wall of sound technique)
alot of people say he was the brains behind the beatles best stuff....
i will go with my previous hip hop list (as hip hop is my first musical passion) a non hip hop list would include

(only three i am really familiar with)

phil spectre (no introduction needed)
Manfred Eicher (ecm label founder and producer of most ecm releases)
Bruce Swedien (behind dangerous thriller bad etc. and worked with count basie, duke ellington, quincy jones, nat king cole etc.)

alot can be learnt listening to records worked on by these producers they did amazing things with sound

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
m.s said:
Please Keep In Mind Dre Just Started Makin Hot Beats When He Started Fuckin With East Coast Influences... Im Not Sayin He Is Not Hot But He Aint The Best...

Are you crazy... Dr. Dre influence some east coast niggas. Kanye said it on his album, he bit the drums off "explosive" from Dre's Chronic 2001. Come on Dre is the best. He makes about two or better hot bangers a year. That nigga is the best..but hey that is my opinion.

My fav are:

Dr. Dre
DJ premier
Mannie Fresh
Just Blaze
Hi-Tek
Scott Storch
Kanye West
Havoc
Jazze Pha
David Banner......Mississippi, got to show love....

members online