Beat Trader Contest

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I finally sold my first two beat on Beattrader this past weekend although it was less than what I wanted to let them go for but at least I made some connections. I just wanted to let everybody know they are having a beat making contest with 500 on the line or a M-Audio. This is good but the only fault I see is the bottom producers letting their beats go for a .01 and low prices like that I wish they would set a limit on the price so it can give the contest some integrity but this is FYI for you guys.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That is how they make money so it is in their best interest to sell your beats. I feel it is better than sounclick and you don't have to tag your beats

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
True. I'm just wondering how much sales/exposure people actually get off the site. Also if you can make decent money even with the 20% cut they take. Seems to be working for you though so thats good congrats on that.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
5th Sequence said:
True. I'm just wondering how much sales/exposure people actually get off the site. Also if you can make decent money even with the 20% cut they take. Seems to be working for you though so thats good congrats on that.

i just signed up and posted some beats..... after looking at the site.... it seems like the people are selling their shit pretty smooth.... it gets your shit out there for sure.... im waiting to see what my outcome is...

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
In a way no b/c i dont think either of the ones posting own the site. ALso if thats the case then why have links of sound click up? He stated somethin he did and it lead to people askin questions and gettin interested in the site.

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
nah I not advertising for that site I was letting people know this is what I did and how it has giving me some exposure plus giving producers an alternative to soundclick. If anything I hurting myself because the more quailty producers on their the more comp. to sell beats. Plus the fact that I have seen post about people selling beats for pennies messing up the game. Misscc803 hit it on the nail

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I didn't make a lot off the site i sold two beats for 30 each but I linked up wit this cat from Texas and we are going to do a package deal without the site. I suggest putting one hot beat on there adn some ol beats that yopu have laying around that you just want to get rid of. That is what I'm doing to make room for my new stuff and build my catalog. Check it out on avaerage I think some of the know producers on there are getting 75 to 15 0 per beat the most I seen was 175

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it says that every sale is a full sale one the site, no possibility for royalties or anything. So id keep your best work to hustle somewhere else, make more money and you can get royalties if it sells.