Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
gross gag GIF by Anime Crimes Division

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I think this stuff is designed to be listened through stereo systems or maybe in cars.

Through headphones, IMO, its just not pleasing to listen to.

(inb4: get some good headphones xd)

Haha… Yes sir!

damn, sounds like an over distorted pile of shit, not hearing any jazz in there though, or funk either tbh.
Is this just a way to get away with really bad mixing? Just call it a new subgenre

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
damn, sounds like an over distorted pile of shit, not hearing any jazz in there though, or funk either tbh.
Is this just a way to get away with really bad mixing? Just call it a new subgenre

This was my initial reaction to it too.

But then I kinda admired like the "fuck it" and active disregard and decision to just mash the ting.

Think about it,
- when rock guys first decided to distort electric guitars
- punk's hard edged rough gritty approach to rock
- engineer's used to EQ out the bass of dance/house records and the producers would wait for them to leave the room and turn it back up keep emphasising the bassy kick was part of the sound
- those dub delays
- Jazz music
- Hip-Hop and sampling

Like I said, my initial action was 'wtf is this mess', but then I just felt there is something about it.* --- much like the initial reaction to punk by A&Rs/people

So much so it even became one of the most listened to genres on SoundCloud.

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
Thought of a pretty good theme, if people can do it... a Collaboration Theme. Can pick a partner and make a beat. Discord would be the best way to collab together but.. I dunno, just kinda popped in my head as a good idea.
So....
A 3 weeks to 1 Month heads up... via email, discord, cell phone or Morse code. Find a partner and make it happen. 2 people are Winners, just 1st 2nd and 3rd places. Can have a normal Beat This in between as well.

Not sure if you can make this happen coding wise or by hand @Fade but this would be epic and coolio.

members online