ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This just made my day :LOL:
Screenshot_20211119-122302.jpg

guitardep

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 129
@Fade @ironkeys
Can you give some feedback to keep growing ? i followed the ruled to this competition and used piano and guitar for the beat.

Last edited:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Here's my dirty stinkin' review:

Top 5:
@Mahlhavoc - Nice intro. Solid mix. I like the piano and how it blends in with your bass. Guitar is a nice addition, not overpowering.
@crog85 - Guitar is really nice and smooth. Piano and guitar panned really sound good in the mix.
@Andante - I like the intro. Very nice bounce on the drums and piano fits very well. Guitar solo parts are a bit of a surprise but sound good.
@Face Valid - Bouncy. I like how you fit everything together in the mix, very clean. Piano and guitar are dope.
@2GooD Productions - This one checked off all the boxes. Even though the strings are very nice, I felt like it was more of a focus than the guitar and piano.

Runner-Ups:
@Andrenergy - Nice atmosphere with this one. Drums could be a bit more exciting. Keys were nice. Guitar comes in nicely.
@Armani - Didn't expect this style from you. Very solid drum track and bass is dope. Piano and guitar are subtle but sound really good.
@COOL J. - Mix was in the red. Piano and guitar are there but I think it's the mix that should be focused on.
@Delta_Nine - Very smooth. You got that left pan thing going on again lol. I know it's your style but it just so noticeable. Drums are very tight, maybe a bit too much but overall real head nodder.
@DROOGUHR - Nice dark beat. I think the low end could be a bit louder though, but overall very nice.
@Frees - Guitar intro is dope. I keep waiting for the beat to drop but it's like I'm kept in suspense the whole time. But it's very smooth, I like this style.
@guitardep - Drums should be more livelier even though it's a smooth beat. Piano is good and guitar really stands out. It just seems more like a Rock beat since there's so much focus on the guitar. Also, it was under a minute! You had a lot more time to do stuff. I'm surprised it cut off.
@GuttaTennekey - Piano and guitar are good, drums a bit too laid back, but I wasn't crazy about the flute thing. Mix could be a bit louder.
@HollanDaze - For me it's the mix. It sounds too narrow. The beat is solid though, good job on making the scratches part of the beat. Smooth tune.
@InnerThug - Drums are nice and clean. I think there should have been some variation when bringing in the other instruments. Solid mix though.
@Iron Keys - Guitar is dope. Piano fits well. Mix is good although that snare could be louder. Good tune. Guitar could be taken out here and there for variation.
@Lightbackdrew - Piano sounds very good. Drums are nice. I like the snare. I think some of the sounds could be placed better in the mix.
@Malibu - Nice tune. It would be better if the drums came slamming in hard instead of the instruments overpowering it in the mix. Good changeups too.
@marv.B.rockin - I really like this one, very atmospheric. The only thing is the mix. If everything was leveled properly this would have maybe placed.
@Pcs shorty - You had vocals! You didn't check the theme. The beat is good, good mix. I like the transitions. Good tune.
@Sethique - Sounded evil at first. The mix needs some fine tuning. Everything sounds narrow and guitar is in the back. I like where you're going with this, it's just the mix.
@Silentz - Sounds like something from a movie. Dope keys. Guitar sounds really nice to the right. Cymbal a bit too loud. For the snares I would give it some volume variation on each one. Overall good beat.
@Vossi Beats - Drums are nice. Keys and guitar are nice and smooth. I just feel the beat seems a bit empty. Maybe the bass should have more presence.

Good Night Reaction GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
@Iron Keys - Guitar is dope. Piano fits well. Mix is good although that snare could be louder. Good tune. Guitar could be taken out here and there for variation.

Appreciate you.

I feel like my mix was a bit muddy or overly "loud" sounding. Not sure what happened, feel like something messed up and all the sounds felt like they were shouting.

I must have come a long way with my mixing if I feel a mix of mine is bad but big homie Fade is still praising. (y)

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Here's my dirty stinkin' review:

Top 5:
@Mahlhavoc - Nice intro. Solid mix. I like the piano and how it blends in with your bass. Guitar is a nice addition, not overpowering.
@crog85 - Guitar is really nice and smooth. Piano and guitar panned really sound good in the mix.
@Andante - I like the intro. Very nice bounce on the drums and piano fits very well. Guitar solo parts are a bit of a surprise but sound good.
@Face Valid - Bouncy. I like how you fit everything together in the mix, very clean. Piano and guitar are dope.
@2GooD Productions - This one checked off all the boxes. Even though the strings are very nice, I felt like it was more of a focus than the guitar and piano.

Runner-Ups:
@Andrenergy - Nice atmosphere with this one. Drums could be a bit more exciting. Keys were nice. Guitar comes in nicely.
@Armani - Didn't expect this style from you. Very solid drum track and bass is dope. Piano and guitar are subtle but sound really good.
@COOL J. - Mix was in the red. Piano and guitar are there but I think it's the mix that should be focused on.
@Delta_Nine - Very smooth. You got that left pan thing going on again lol. I know it's your style but it just so noticeable. Drums are very tight, maybe a bit too much but overall real head nodder.
@DROOGUHR - Nice dark beat. I think the low end could be a bit louder though, but overall very nice.
@Frees - Guitar intro is dope. I keep waiting for the beat to drop but it's like I'm kept in suspense the whole time. But it's very smooth, I like this style.
@guitardep - Drums should be more livelier even though it's a smooth beat. Piano is good and guitar really stands out. It just seems more like a Rock beat since there's so much focus on the guitar. Also, it was under a minute! You had a lot more time to do stuff. I'm surprised it cut off.
@GuttaTennekey - Piano and guitar are good, drums a bit too laid back, but I wasn't crazy about the flute thing. Mix could be a bit louder.
@HollanDaze - For me it's the mix. It sounds too narrow. The beat is solid though, good job on making the scratches part of the beat. Smooth tune.
@InnerThug - Drums are nice and clean. I think there should have been some variation when bringing in the other instruments. Solid mix though.
@Lightbackdrew - Piano sounds very good. Drums are nice. I like the snare. I think some of the sounds could be placed better in the mix.
@Malibu - Nice tune. It would be better if the drums came slamming in hard instead of the instruments overpowering it in the mix. Good changeups too.
@marv.B.rockin - I really like this one, very atmospheric. The only thing is the mix. If everything was leveled properly this would have maybe placed.
@Pcs shorty - You had vocals! You didn't check the theme. The beat is good, good mix. I like the transitions. Good tune.
@Sethique - Sounded evil at first. The mix needs some fine tuning. Everything sounds narrow and guitar is in the back. I like where you're going with this, it's just the mix.
@Silentz - Sounds like something from a movie. Dope keys. Guitar sounds really nice to the right. Cymbal a bit too loud. For the snares I would give it some volume variation on each one. Overall good beat.
@Vossi Beats - Drums are nice. Keys and guitar are nice and smooth. I just feel the beat seems a bit empty. Maybe the bass should have more presence.

Good Night Reaction GIF
Thanks for the feedback!!

Status
Not open for further replies.