Administrator
illest o.g.
not gonna happen annie murphy GIF by CBC

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 593
These are tricky to vote in.

Sometimes it's tricky to discern between how much of the work the acapella/vocal is doing compared to the beat.

Some the Acapellas are really good and do a lot of the work.

Some seem a good marriage.

Also tricky to balance all those factors along with personal preference.

Lot of worthy entries too.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Mann might not be able to vote. Either my internet or computer or the site is fucking up as i can barely load the tracks. Ain't got time to be fucking around waiting

Was my internet... back at it!

notes are gonna be real short for this one. Finding this a tricky one to judge.

There's a lot more factors to consider when voting on this type of theme.

Might base my vote on which track I'd be most likely to listen to/hit replay on.

Good luck.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
my bangin and your bangin may be different...i say bangin because i took time, made a beat with no loops or samples everything played by me and i did my own vocals no accapella...i think its bangs because it dont sound like everything else...

Large yourself up!!!

Same here. Generally that's always the case for me. But i increasingly discovering lots of people just usinf samples and loops n stuff. Sometimes you feel like maybe you just should.

Ultimately if someone pieces together a great overall record - that's what being a producer is about.

So you could essentially "cheat" such a theme, but, that's what the big dons have also done.

When it comes to beat battles i think it's tacky if someone's using sample loops n such tho. Mfers might as well be using HipHop eJay

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
Large yourself up!!!

Same here. Generally that's always the case for me. But i increasingly discovering lots of people just usinf samples and loops n stuff. Sometimes you feel like maybe you just should.

Ultimately if someone pieces together a great overall record - that's what being a producer is about.

So you could essentially "cheat" such a theme, but, that's what the big dons have also done.

When it comes to beat battles i think it's tacky if someone's using sample loops n such tho. Mfers might as well be using HipHop eJay

I get that. My thing with using a loop is I dont see an issue if you dug through crates, scoured YouTube, found a 4-8 bar loop or chopped up the sample. What I have issue with is downloading or buying pre-made sound packs and just throwing some drums on it so if you put the work in then I'm good but don't take the easy route.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
might base my vote on which track I'd be most likely to listen to/hit replay on.

VOTED

and I changed my opinion - the track I liked most/most likely to replay, I don't feel necessarily I could credit it 'best full song'.
Maybe that rings true for the one I did vote for too, but.

There's so much more factors and criteria when voting for the best 'full song' as opposed to voting for the best beat/flip. Really tricky one to approach imho.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I get that. My thing with using a loop is I dont see an issue if you dug through crates, scoured YouTube, found a 4-8 bar loop or chopped up the sample. What I have issue with is downloading or buying pre-made sound packs and just throwing some drums on it so if you put the work in then I'm good but don't take the easy route.

Totally, this was more the point I was making.

BUT also if someone hears and old record/loop/sample and thinks "owch, that one part is hot, need to take that, and get some kind of drums from xyz on it, then put this kind of song on it", that may seem like cheap/cheating (i feel that too) but it's also 'vision' to piece together a hot record or hit, so... *shrugS* I unno!!!

Just make hot records. (But I feel ya)

tho i feel issue is, some of these loop pack kids can chuck shit together to sound like a 'well made beat' when really they haven't made a beat. I think in that kinda example, especially if entering a battle with it, then that is weak/cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.