Beat This! - December 1-2, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from December 1-2nd! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on December 1st at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on December 2nd, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/?cat=bthis

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: Space Aliens
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal On The Hook?: YES

Theme Information
  • You must make a beat that sounds like it was made by aliens from outer space!
  • NOT just "synth" and "space" sounding beats, but something aliens would make.
  • Look at this post and also this post for more clarification.
===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED: This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL ON THE HOOK: This means you can have vocal snippets or longer vocals but ONLY as a hook on your beat.
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2021120102.jpg

Last edited:

Silentz

Boom Bap addict
Battle Points: 113
We don't even know if Aliens have rhythm So technically. I could make the most off the wall shit you ever heard with a 100 different sounds all over the place and call it Alien music?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
I'm imagining lots of beeps and boops along with synthy stuff. Vocoders would be good too.
  • You must make a beat that sounds like it was made by aliens from outer space!
  • NOT just "synth" and "space" sounding beats, but something aliens would make

I do not believe I have ever questioned a "Beat this theme" before. I usually just enjoy people asking really dumb questions like "If I use the sound of a bongo, is that considered a drum?"

But here I am a bit confused. I do get what you are doing and I understand you are wanting creativity and to think outside the so called "Box". Cheers for that, I dig it and I am all about it. I just do not understand how to achieve said goal and yet be "Hip hop" as we are a "Hip hop" community... this is something you, yourself, state. Not to mention make it dope or somethin to bounce to.

Now I am gonna do some shit and make it hit, I just want to follow guidelines and I think I do for the most part and I always tell folks to vote for those who keep to the theme 1st and foremost.... just not sure how to adhere to said theme in this one. So I guess today I am the dumb ass.

A) I dont know what the fuck an Alien from outter space listens to.. I dont smoke weed Fade ffs
B) All I can thik of is "Space" sounding beats when its about Space and Aliens
C) If I did vision an Alien from Space making a beat, it would sound like a bunch of beeps and whirs and I would never see a muphuca rap to it.
D) If you dont wanna answer, just get me some weed so I can see wtf ya talking about.

Aliens Staring Contest GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I do not believe I have ever questioned a "Beat this theme" before. I usually just enjoy people asking really dumb questions like "If I use the sound of a bongo, is that considered a drum?"

But here I am a bit confused. I do get what you are doing and I understand you are wanting creativity and to think outside the so called "Box". Cheers for that, I dig it and I am all about it. I just do not understand how to achieve said goal and yet be "Hip hop" as we are a "Hip hop" community... this is something you, yourself, state. Not to mention make it dope or somethin to bounce to.

Now I am gonna do some shit and make it hit, I just want to follow guidelines and I think I do for the most part and I always tell folks to vote for those who keep to the theme 1st and foremost.... just not sure how to adhere to said theme in this one. So I guess today I am the dumb ass.

A) I dont know what the fuck an Alien from outter space listens to.. I dont smoke weed Fade ffs
B) All I can thik of is "Space" sounding beats when its about Space and Aliens
C) If I did vision an Alien from Space making a beat, it would sound like a bunch of beeps and whirs and I would never see a muphuca rap to it.
D) If you dont wanna answer, just get me some weed so I can see wtf ya talking about.

Aliens Staring Contest GIF
First off, this is too many big words. The fuck.

Second, whatever the theme is, it's however YOU interpret it. I'm just saying not to making all this smooth synthy stuff, which is what people might think right away.

Yes, it's Hip Hop.

Trap is close to Space Alien beats essentially, LOL. So go with that and add a bunch of industrial sounds with tons of effects. Experiment, get crazy.

Maybe something like this but less dramatic?

Mahlhavoc

Freedom Seed Spreader
Battle Points: 360
First off, this is too many big words. The fuck.

Second, whatever the theme is, it's however YOU interpret it. I'm just saying not to making all this smooth synthy stuff, which is what people might think right away.

Yes, it's Hip Hop.

Trap is close to Space Alien beats essentially, LOL. So go with that and add a bunch of industrial sounds with tons of effects. Experiment, get crazy.

Maybe something like this but less dramatic?

Thank you. That is exactly what I was asking.

Big words suck and I am sorry I used them... Nekkid time?

naked james GIF

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I don't mean NOT use synths or space stuff, just I think everyone will probably just make something with lots of synths. I'll update the original post.

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
I think mine is done. I may be hit or miss with musical, but I can sure as fuck do weird.

Most fun I've had making a beat in a minute. A lot of sound design, which is new to me. Nothing in the beat so far sounds like it did before I started making it... strange, outside of a plucked cello plugin.
Now to sit on it and see if I'm satisfied with the result.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

members online