Status
Not open for further replies.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy

NonxG

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 248
@V.J. Retro
was in the mix to vote for. like that snare with the hit - great foundation. this james bond sounding sample part works perfect. one thing i could´t get my ear around is this maybe percussion sound that´s in this snare/hit combination. works groove wise but for me doesn't sound that good. think you couldn´t get rid of that without compromising the hit?

@crx.beatz
dope intro into - the beat starts grooving. everything works fine, nice arrangement. one thing maybe is the change in the bass at 0:43. in this part the bass seems to go "forward" meanwhile the beat stays laid back. if i´ve done that i would have changed the drums and changed the pattern of the drums to give the bass more drive.

@InsideOutBeats
Also really nice - boom. love it. maybe just a little bit too much reverb on the drums but could cope with that. think the scratches would have worked better with a dry sound. would not use reverb on scratches.

@DaHomie
would have voted for, perfect laid back - fantastic sampling and put the right effects on. ...but that glitch stuff. found it sometimes a little bit irritating because it seems louder than the rest of the beat. no problem going this path but i would have mixed that glitch-parts quiet to keep the listeners focus elsewhere.

@2GooD Productions
this beat is like lufs -8 or? smacking ...do that too. :D like the drums and the instrumental a lot, really dope. ...but that guitar-arp? it sounds like mack 10 but i think doesn´t work that well with this foundation. sorry too late yesterday happy birthday! (y)

@GrooveGenius
was also in for vote. for me awesome clipse-like beat. fantastic job on the hihats (for me this is how to mix in stereo) - slaps hard. my second place.

@Jakobmyrah
got my vote. those unusual snare playing around, this kind of sweet, cheap but very melodic pad/arp and fading hihats. i love those sweetness and not being anywhere near classic hiphop, reminds me different of the 90s. filtered intro with the bongos?, those adding sounds. wow. tangerine dream-like beat. outstanding for me and good mixed because everything sounds where it should be.

@SJAMBOK BEATS
The sax and what you added is dope. just the drums seem to me a little bit flat. would have made the hihats more stereo swirl l/r.

Think this was an awesome contest (also with the modern trap beats unmentioned). like this competition.

crx.beatz

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 13
@V.J. Retro
was in the mix to vote for. like that snare with the hit - great foundation. this james bond sounding sample part works perfect. one thing i could´t get my ear around is this maybe percussion sound that´s in this snare/hit combination. works groove wise but for me doesn't sound that good. think you couldn´t get rid of that without compromising the hit?

@crx.beatz
dope intro into - the beat starts grooving. everything works fine, nice arrangement. one thing maybe is the change in the bass at 0:43. in this part the bass seems to go "forward" meanwhile the beat stays laid back. if i´ve done that i would have changed the drums and changed the pattern of the drums to give the bass more drive.

@InsideOutBeats
Also really nice - boom. love it. maybe just a little bit too much reverb on the drums but could cope with that. think the scratches would have worked better with a dry sound. would not use reverb on scratches.

@DaHomie
would have voted for, perfect laid back - fantastic sampling and put the right effects on. ...but that glitch stuff. found it sometimes a little bit irritating because it seems louder than the rest of the beat. no problem going this path but i would have mixed that glitch-parts quiet to keep the listeners focus elsewhere.

@2GooD Productions
this beat is like lufs -8 or? smacking ...do that too. :D like the drums and the instrumental a lot, really dope. ...but that guitar-arp? it sounds like mack 10 but i think doesn´t work that well with this foundation. sorry too late yesterday happy birthday! (y)

@GrooveGenius
was also in for vote. for me awesome clipse-like beat. fantastic job on the hihats (for me this is how to mix in stereo) - slaps hard. my second place.

@Jakobmyrah
got my vote. those unusual snare playing around, this kind of sweet, cheap but very melodic pad/arp and fading hihats. i love those sweetness and not being anywhere near classic hiphop, reminds me different of the 90s. filtered intro with the bongos?, those adding sounds. wow. tangerine dream-like beat. outstanding for me and good mixed because everything sounds where it should be.

@SJAMBOK BEATS
The sax and what you added is dope. just the drums seem to me a little bit flat. would have made the hihats more stereo swirl l/r.

Think this was an awesome contest (also with the modern trap beats unmentioned). like this competition.
thanks for constructive critic , good point about the bass/drums in changed pattern

iDeaLoGiK

Disservice With a Smile
Battle Points: 57
Some good beats in this one. Didn't vote unfortunately because the speakers I had temporarily during the voting window were about as useful as an anal wart for critical listening.

Congrats @V.J. Retro that's a nice beat.

@crx.beatz
I like the bass changeup in this one. I can agree with NonxG that I think it would do with something to follow the push in the groove.

I think if I had to pick a beat that I would have voted for if I could at the time, it would have either been yours or 2good's. Not going to put too much thought into it otherwise, since it's already way too late to do that.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
@V.J. Retro

@crx.beatz

@InsideOutBeats

@DaHomie

@2GooD Productions

@GrooveGenius

@Jakobmyrah

@SJAMBOK BEATS

I appreciate the love and support bro!

VVS

Banned
@DaHomie
General Feedback: The glitch effect didn't fit with the type of beat you're making.
Mix: Kick lacks punch, snare is nice and compliments the kick. The overall track volume can be raised using a limiter on the main bus. You should try duplicating the main sample and adding a high-pass filter at 65-85hz to isolate the bass.

@Bandia Gotach
General Feedback: The drum pattern needs some groove and it's too repetitive. Try manually moving the start time of your snares and hi hats by 2-5 ticks. I like the alternating panning of the hi-hats L to R.
Mix: Your kick is overpowering the bass. Bring the kick level down, and the bass level up. The overall track volume can be raised using a limiter on the main bus.

@Dr Sweetch
General Feedback: The drum pattern is nice and groovy. I can tell the bass is off key. Try matching it to the key of your main melody.
Mix: Way too much going on here. Work on your mixing levels for the samples and drum kit. The high pitched siren is drowning out everything in the mix.

@Fury Beats
General Feedback: You need work creating better melodies. There's gritty NY beats and there's headache inducing beats.
Mix: Work on your mixing levels for the drum kit and sample

@NonxG
General Feedback: Loving the piano sample. Not sure if you added a doubling effect but I would've liked to hear the sample playing at normal tempo or without a delay effect. Drum pattern is groovy. Bass matches nicely with the kick.
Mix: Mix is a little muddy. Some EQ on the piano sample in the mid range would help it sit better in the mix.

@nottr
General Feedback: Loving the sample choice here. Real nice vibe!
Mix: Mix is a little muddy. Bring up the kick and snare levels.

VVS

Banned
Here's the mastered version of the beat I submitted for this battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.