Beat This! Competition - June 7-8, 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaeRsa

I might just need some guidance with the sign up process and the genre please. My bad. Its my first time.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
To the guy talking about tags and people stealing beats....if you feel that strongly about your beats, why not get them copyrighted right before the battle? It costs like $35 per song to do so. When you share anything online expect people to jack your shit, flip it, remix it and re-sell it if they think it's profitable. I make my money other ways so it doesn't affect me if someone wants to steal my beats for their own benefit. But, I also understand the point of view of music producers/beat makers that make a living from selling beats, sound packs, etc...

Lolwot?

It costs 0 ... the copyright exists the moment you create/fix something in tangible form.

In fact even posting it online could help prove that you were the first to create it.
This is true, but you can also use copyright services, at a cost, to make sure its all done properly and no issues will arise in court

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
This is true, but you can also use copyright services, at a cost, to make sure its all done properly and no issues will arise in court
The lawyers the big dogs have could find a way around anything if they wanted.

If a major artist has success with your shit, they'll likely give you a couple hundred thous payoff and a plaque. Usually keeps most happy.

Or so I've heard

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
Who's ready for the beat this?? Anyone with smoke up their sleeve?

smoke GIF
Weed Cannabis GIF by MOODMAN

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Beat stealing and tags only became an issue years ago once beat selling websites started to pop up.

I get it. I know that someone selling beats doesn't want someone to grab their beat without paying, but from my experience there's always a way. If someone really wants to grab your beat they will. If they know how to find the file in the page or they could even just play your beat and record it, then chop it up and piece it back together without the tags in it.

So for anyone afraid to post their beats without tags, I understand but as @Iron Keys mentioned, it's basically copyrighted once you finish the beat.

But what's the real threat though? Some rapper online jacking your beat and using it for their shitty mixtape? If that were to happen then name and shame or something like that.

However, if Jay-Z jacked your beat from an online battle and made millions from it, then you'll be in for a big payday anyway.

NonxG

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 248
But what's the real threat though? Some rapper online jacking your beat and using it for their shitty mixtape? If that were to happen then name and shame or something like that.
Problem with this fuckwits is that they upload the stolen stuff on spotify, apple and you get striked on yt or soundcloud for your own beat. But yt won´t delete your beat and filling a complain on soundcloud helps (think they don´t check up on it personally).

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Problem with this fuckwits is that they upload the stolen stuff on spotify, apple and you get striked on yt or soundcloud for your own beat. But yt won´t delete your beat and filling a complain on soundcloud helps (think they don´t check up on it personally).
Yeah true. This is where the name and shame comes in I guess. Try to find out who these guys are.

VVS

Banned
@Fade Why don't you provide a tag to mix into our beats that everyone has to use before uploading a beat? Or allow us to create our own tag, something generic that doesn't include our producers name/alias/real name or whatever you go by. I got some fire that I can't post without tags.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade Why don't you provide a tag to mix into our beats that everyone has to use before uploading a beat?
That could work but it would just be odd to have a tag in the beats since we've never had them all these years. It would be weird to hear. I don't know how many here would like that. Maybe we could start a separate thread to discuss this and see what everyone thinks.

Reactions: VVS

VVS

Banned
That could work but it would just be odd to have a tag in the beats since we've never had them all these years. It would be weird to hear. I don't know how many here would like that. Maybe we could start a separate thread to discuss this and see what everyone thinks.

Let's vote on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.