Beat This! Competition - June 12-13, 2024

• beat this! (sep 18-19) signup begins in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 590
Same lol, on the third version.
Haha I actually came here to say "I've taken a 2Good approach" not gonna sound like a 2Good beat, but yeah haha.

I still gotta finish it and mix it - was hoping to have first mix done today. Probably be a finish making and mixing tomorrow affair.

Based on all the time I spent, definitely. Finishing outside top 5 :LOL:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Lol, thats what I thought about mine
It's the only one truth about ill battles.

Fell on my keyboard and hit export instant 1st place beat.

Finally spend some good effort and time crafting a true gem. In the bin at the bottom of Fade's garbage randomly sticky with bits of Arvin hair and shit all over it

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
high quality battle GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
How would you rate this sample on how easy/hard to work with ? 1 being very hard 10 be very easy.

Wondering how I fare up as I'm still very new to sample flippin'
I find sampling pretty fucking hard tbh... especially if you're doing it the true way.

That being said, it also depends on what you're trying to sample/do with it.

The more you try it, the more you'll kinda realise what you find easy to work with and what you can do with it; I still struggle with hearing something getting excited, then realising I can't chop it in a way that I like.
I fight so hard to do sample stuff, then can't really do it like I want or like the greats, then I get fed up and also realise I don't wanna get copyright struck etc anyway.

Lakiano Love

Battle Points: 1
i grew up on that movie...me and my cousin use to watch it on whs everyday for likr 5 years...i know the music and the lines ...best movie...i guess the audio will be available after the count down ???

The next competition will be from June 12-13th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on June 12th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on June 13th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/ranks/cat/bthis/

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: KUMITE SAMPLE FLIP
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a beat by sampling THIS SONG.
  • You can alter the sample but we must be able to tell it's from the original sample.
  • You can use dialogue from the Bloodsport movie throughout your beat.

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 7074

The next competition will be from June 12-13th! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on June 12th at 12pm ET/EST, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme).
Voting will be for one day, on June 13th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Check out the Beat This! ranks: https://www.illmuzik.com/beat-battles/ranks/cat/bthis/

*Note: check out this site to find out the correct time difference for your timezone:

The Signup page is here (it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: KUMITE SAMPLE FLIP
Time Limit: 2 minutes
*Vocal Track Allowed?: NO
**Vocal Snippets Allowed?: YES

• You must make a beat by sampling THIS SONG.
  • You can alter the sample but we must be able to tell it's from the original sample.
  • You can use dialogue from the Bloodsport movie throughout your beat.

===========
* VOCAL TRACK ALLOWED? This means you can have a full vocal track with your beat (acapella, for example).
** VOCAL SNIPPETS ALLOWED? This means you can have vocal snippets in your beat (very short vocal parts, for example). This is where you can also have an intro with talking (like from a movie).
===========

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned.

Voting Criteria

You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

View attachment 7074

Status
Not open for further replies.