Beat This! Competition - February 7-8, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
on the other I'm pretty sure I'll have to become dre + kanye + jesus + kevin durant + a pirate for your stiff stinky stingy ass to finally give a brother any sort of straight-up props.
Probably right 'Cause I'm looking at this and thinking 'if you said ninja instead of pirate...'

But nah you know I got love bro. I Got keep your lil chipmunk self in check a little tho keep you gently nudged in the right direction before your crazy ass falls off the Mario Kart space track your wild self exists on

specific type of beats like Dre etc. Would be good to see if we can do them as well
Its hard enough to get people to do a theme that targets something as wide ranging as "Love" let alone something as specific as sounding like a specific producer.
In the Dre battle the Dre clone would win, in a Premo style battle the Premo clone would win. I think a Dre theme would have a great turnout. I wouldnt enter that one though because I quit music for 7 years, I got fed up of my beats all sounding like fucking Dre beats(personal demons and shit, I dunno, got bored and stuck in a rut). Ever since I have encouraged originality and not becoming a clone, it can be quite a challenge trying to sound like a specific producer, even for me who has been doing this shit forever. I just cant see a big turnout. The last warzone and the last beat this are some of the lowest turnouts Ive seen, I think while participation is low its best to keep things simple with no theme and when things are a bit busier and people are taking part in the battles then we can do a theme from time to time. Just my opinion given recent turnout.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Its hard enough to get people to do a theme that targets something as wide ranging as "Love" let alone something as specific as sounding like a specific producer.
In the Dre battle the Dre clone would win, in a Premo style battle the Premo clone would win. I think a Dre theme would have a great turnout. I wouldnt enter that one though because I quit music for 7 years, I got fed up of my beats all sounding like fucking Dre beats(personal demons and shit, I dunno, got bored and stuck in a rut). Ever since I have encouraged originality and not becoming a clone, it can be quite a challenge trying to sound like a specific producer, even for me who has been doing this shit forever. I just cant see a big turnout. The last warzone and the last beat this are some of the lowest turnouts Ive seen, I think while participation is low its best to keep things simple with no theme and when things are a bit busier and people are taking part in the battles then we can do a theme from time to time. Just my opinion given recent turnout.
I think the biggest issue would be in th3 voting... and how well voters know that producers style and repertoire to vote accurately.

But then again this is just sposed to be fun and games. But I would definitely be feeling background salty of I got screwed on a few certain producers.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think while participation is low its best to keep things simple with no theme and when things are a bit busier and people are taking part in the battles then we can do a theme from time to time.
I was just about to post this. We've had low turnouts in the past, even one year I think the Battle That wasn't even full lol. But yeah for now the next few are set for no theme, then next month there's the St. Pat's/Irish/Bagpipe theme but then we'll see how it goes.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
I would suggest a Dr. Dre themed battle but we already have 3 guys on here that cloned his style. A timbaland style themed battle would be far more interesting and one I might actually jump on. Make it happen @Fade

Lets Go Reaction GIF by The Berry

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Swizz Beats and Alc are easy clones too.

I can agree on Swizz Beats using those casio keyboard presets and the same 3 drum patterns used on 90% of his beats. Alc as in Alchemist is not an easy producer to clone if we're judging on his choice for sampling vinyl and the way he chops.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
I can agree on Swizz Beats using those casio keyboard presets and the same 3 drum patterns used on 90% of his beats. Alc as in Alchemist is not an easy producer to clone if we're judging on his choice for sampling vinyl and the way he chops.
So glad I'm not the only one who noticed his same 1 drum pattern.

I flicked between a few songs. Exactly same hat pattern. It's a good quite distinct pattern. But it's like hebliterallyloads up his project and just changes the one shot clicks export. Tragic.

Alc has a few noticeable traits in what he does I think. The trick is always finding a sample and making it fit right. Get that right and the rest should be easy enough. Just wonder how these cats did it without stem separation and time stretching!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online