Would've been 12 but according to @Fade battling isn't for me

Kanye West Shrug GIF

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I'm cool with providing mentoring services to my sons @Armani and @Iron Keys

Teacher Teaching GIF by VERZUZ

Not sure what you're here for tbh. You always talk that you're too good for here (whilst only taking Ls) and how everyone's beats are not good or blablabla and your weird obsession with me.

I feel like the forum 'hot girl', getting more attention from these incels than ogbama gets ffs

Was a time a bit of shit talking spiced things up around here, keeps people on their fucking toes, thats why I really really like @Armani , shit talks like a pro, nothing like a bit of rivalry to boost your own productivity and effort. And with that fucker @SwayeeBoogie just coming up in here and putting his feet on MY COUCH, I need to pull my own fucking finger out.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Feels like everyone else missed the theme?
I wonder if thats the thing with themes... People really struggle to translate concepts, words, ideas (and well, themes) into music.

and that's a big big BIG overlooked skill.

Music, is Art. And Art, communicates.

(okay maybe sometimes it doesn't have to) but generally Art(music) needs to communicate. Be that an idea, an emotion, a feeling, a message.

And when we see these themes and people's beats don't feel like they communicate the theme - that's maybe why some of these people's beats may not do so well outside of that. Because the music, potentially, is aimless (if you're unable to communicate any idea at all through your music).

Sure probably those who can't can make a few tufff beats. But if you were to want to really succeed then you really need to be able to translate an idea (even if your own one) into music. And that can be the difference why a beat is merely a quality piece of audio, and why one is a quality song/beat and winning battles or getting lots of love and sticking in people's heads or getting rewinds.

And that's what can really differentiate you from being merely a 'beatmaker' or a producer.

And even dope beatmakers have probably at least learned how to master communicating their one idea.

This also goes for mixing... mix engineers also try to ensure they communicate a message, usually trying to make sure the mix communicates the artist's intended message, through the mix. It's not merely just about 'getting a good balance.' And that's one of the reasons mixing is an Art as well as a science.

And to be fair, it is probably one of the hardest skills and abilities to practise or learn - because it's an abstract concept. To some people this will come naturally to. To others not. It can definitely be developed. But it usually requires having a creative and inquisitive soul - exploring and challenging yourself (through themed battles or remixes and making different styles and listening to different music.)

Forgive the lesson, I was inspired.

Portraying certain feelings and emotions in music requires a little deeper understanding, learning about the modes and scales that portray those certain feelings. Then using the correct modes and scales to get the feeling across.

Or you can just sample "Im Never Gonna Give You Up" for a love themed battle lol

Da Archangels

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 204
Not sure what you're here for tbh. You always talk that you're too good for here (whilst only taking Ls) and how everyone's beats are not good or blablabla and your weird obsession with me.

I feel like the forum 'hot girl', getting more attention from these incels than ogbama gets ffs
@OGBama out here getting harassed?! That's my lil homie back from them FutureProducer forums 15 years ago lol!

Great win, @Armani - the minute I heard your beat I knew it was a wrap on mine...killed that sample.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
@Ys Man got absolutely robbed - "All Love" was by far the best and most fitting beat in this battle. By far. Great work.

I put @crog85 in 2nd - the random kill bill sound really felt out of place

@Primz Can be 2nd - 3rd

@Armani can go in 4th for being a dirty lil basic bitch throwing drums over a guitar sample. You disgust me. Go clean yourself

Everyone else. Have you never been loved before? Fade said love, not back alley garbage skip nitty $5 handjob
(well, to some maybe that's love)

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
@Ys Man got absolutely robbed - "All Love" was by far the best and most fitting beat in this battle. By far. Great work.

I put @crog85 in 2nd - the random kill bill sound really felt out of place

@Primz Can be 2nd - 3rd

@Armani can go in 4th for being a dirty lil basic bitch throwing drums over a guitar sample. You disgust me. Go clean yourself
Thanks, I voted Armani so it's just, a great beat, good all round again, won't be easy to get a win at these standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online